• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Did Ferry F$&k Up?

benhillboy

I am more disappointed that he didnt draft a SG or a SF period when we desperately needed some more talent on the wings. with demaree consistently out with his hamstring problem our SG/SFs situation is even worst than last year.

Edited by yungsta

• Moderators

I am more disappointed that he didnt draft a SG or a SF period when we desperately needed some more talent on the wings. with demaree consistently out with his hamstring problem our SG/SFs situation is even worst than last year.

He did draft John Jenkins so that we were coming in with Jenkins, Korver, Lou Williams and Carrolle. We knew that would be a weak group but the injury struggles for Jenkins and Lou have turned a weakness into a liability.

• Like 1

We needed a C in a big way so he got that right, at least he got it right by attempting to find a diamond, time will tell if he picked the right guy (still wanted Olynyk and Dieng as a double-down). As to Schröder that really surprised me as I was hoping for one of the top wing prospects and @KB21 really had me sold on Bullock so I was hoping for him but I think Schröder is going to end up being a good one and hopefully we'll move Teague for a wing or get one in this upcoming draft.

Ferry has bleeped up more than that. It's just that fans don't want to admit it yet.

He's been here 1.5 years. You may not want to admit it yet but that's too early to judge his draft decisions.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I thought this was going to be another Teague thread... Drew did Teague a solid with that offer sheet. Anyway, at the time, I was pulling HARD for us to draft TH Jr. Wasn't sold on Snell, but I watched a lot of Michigan basketball and saw what TH Jr is. I also saw that he was inconsistent and when he goes into slumps, he slumps HARD and for long periods of time. I think that is what detracted a lot of GM's from TH Jr. He also isn't that great defensively, but hindsight is 20/20 and it's easy to say now that we could have used TH Jr in Atlanta.

We needed a C in a big way so he got that right, at least he got it right by attempting to find a diamond, time will tell if he picked the right guy (still wanted Olynyk and Dieng as a double-down). As to Schröder that really surprised me as I was hoping for one of the top wing prospects and @KB21 really had me sold on Bullock so I was hoping for him but I think Schröder is going to end up being a good one and hopefully we'll move Teague for a wing or get one in this upcoming draft.

He's been here 1.5 years. You may not want to admit it yet but that's too early to judge his draft decisions.

Not just draft decisions. Free agent decisions too.

It's kind of like polls and elections. The results may not be official until after the election, but polling data can give you an indication of how an election will turn out.

We are in the "polling" status, when it comes to evaluating Ferry.

Not just draft decisions. Free agent decisions too.

It's kind of like polls and elections. The results may not be official until after the election, but polling data can give you an indication of how an election will turn out.

We are in the "polling" status, when it comes to evaluating Ferry.

It's next to impossible to judge his free agents decisions without knowing what his intentions are. Now you can question his intentions all day as to whether or not we are on the best path we should be, but that's another thing entirely.

For me I'll give Ferry another 1.5 years to see where we're at as I think 3 years is fair.

It's next to impossible to judge his free agents decisions without knowing what his intentions are. Now you can question his intentions all day as to whether or not we are on the best path we should be, but that's another thing entirely.

For me I'll give Ferry another 1.5 years to see where we're at as I think 3 years is fair.

Another 1.5 years? Oh wow.

Horford might be asking for a trade by then.

I like Horford but he is in no position to ask for a trade.

No position? You don't think that if Horford asked to be traded say by this time next season, that the Hawks wouldn't get all kinds of offers for him? I know he's hurt right now, but in a year, he should be fully healthy, and right back to the player he was before the injury.

These injuries have actually prolonged his career a bit

Not just draft decisions. Free agent decisions too. It's kind of like polls and elections. The results may not be official until after the election, but polling data can give you an indication of how an election will turn out. We are in the "polling" status, when it comes to evaluating Ferry.

How did he mess up with FA decisions ?

How did he mess up with FA decisions ?

He thinks Ferry should have signed guys like Al Jefferson (4yrs/13.5mil) , Andre Iggy (4yrs/12mil) and Monta Ellis (3yrs/9mil).

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Another 1.5 years? Oh wow. Horford might be asking for a trade by then.

If 3 years is too long to give a GM to rebuild a capped out and plateau'd team then you really have unrealistic expectations. And yeah Horford may be gone and quite frankly I don't mind as he's looking like the next Mr Glass.
  • Like 2

He thinks Ferry should have signed guys like Al Jefferson (4yrs/13.5mil) , Andre Iggy (4yrs/12mil) and Monta Ellis (3yrs/9mil).

Or at least 2 out of those 3.

I mean, if he was unsatisfied with Teague, then go ahead and make sure that we acquire the 2nd best center ( and best offensive center ) in free agency . . in the form of Jefferson.

When it comes to Iggy, he was the best defensive wing on the board, who can also serve as the lead playmaker on the team, and can also score the basketball.

I'm not the biggest Monta Ellis fan in the world, but I've always believed that Monta plays better with competent talent around him. Give him Horford and Jefferson as his big people, and Monta maybe isn't the machine gun shooter that he was in the past. His play in Dallas this season shows that the guy can play efficient basketball. And if Ferry wasn't enamored with Teague, he definitely should've gone after Monta hard.

A lot of people keep worrying about how much some of these guys are paid. Or believing everything that Ferry tells them about staying "flexible" so that we'll be in position to get that prized free agent. Well let me ask people a question:

What is the likelihood of Carmelo Anthony coming her next summer?

How about Kevin Love the following summer?

Lebron?

Wade?

Kyrie Irving?

Any of those guys coming to Atlanta anytime soon?

If not, then what in the world do you expect Ferry to spend money on? Should he keep going to the Dollar Tree, and try to find bargain basement type players who can contribute? Or should he actually try to build a solid TEAM by acquiring good starting caliber talent, then worry about the fringe players later?

Ferry lost me when he made Kyle Korver his very 1st free agent signing. Like Kyle was the most vital piece to what he wanted for the future.

The fact is that Al Jefferson should've been the Hawks #1 free agent target this year. 13.5 million for a guy who can get you 20 ppg - 10 rebs, while shooting 50% FG, is not a bad contract. And it's been proven this year that in the right defensive system, Jefferson can be an asset, and not a liability on defense.

All of this talk about the Hawks needing a center could've been resolved very easily this summer. Chasing Dwight was idiotic. Passing on Jefferson was almost equally dumb.

So you get what you get when Ferry spends 6.7 million this year on Brand, Antić, and Ayón.

• Like 1

• Moderators

If 3 years is too long to give a GM to rebuild a capped out and plateau'd team then you really have unrealistic expectations. And yeah Horford may be gone and quite frankly I don't mind as he's looking like the next Mr Glass.

Agreed. You can't even fairly evaluate his first draft let alone his entire GM work without more time for action and a larger sample size for evaluation.