• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks "Aggressively" Shopping Teague

PSSSHHHRRR87

Normally I would agree with you because Teague has been my favorite player on the Hawks ever since he finally got a chance to start, but he isn't even givin' an effort anymore. It's disheartening to watch him out there and if he gets traded I honestly won't be upset as long we get a worthwhile player.. I do agree that Horford bein' out has hurt his numbers but when your marquee player goes down you gotta STEP UP and Teague has done just the opposite. He looks lost, sulks, passes up open jumpers and sometimes doesn't even get involved in the offense.

Exactly this. I understand that Teague's numbers may suffer with Al out, what I didn't expect was this shrinking violet. Numbers down all across the board.My expectations were that even if he struggled with his outside shot he could at least be agressive going to the paint, up the defensive intensity, run the team with a sense if urgency. Look the part of the floor leader even if you're struggling.

• Moderators

When a guy goes down, you step up not out. And if Teague really does rely that much on Horford for his success, then he really does need to go cause guys at $8 mil/yr don't rely on others to make him better. Can't make winners if the whole team falls apart when one guy goes down. Horford went down and DMC, Sap, Pero, Brand, and KK all stepped up their games. Teague and Lou faded, although I am inclined to give Lou a pass due to him recovering still. What's wrong with running the PnR with Sap?

Honestly, I think Teague has no desire to be in Atlanta any more and behind the scenes he is disgruntled. His play is lackluster and he seems unmotivated on the court. Not taking open shots... Not attacking the hoop... Matador defense... And with Ferry drafting Schröder, it points in the direction that the team that Ferry and Bud wants needs a Rondo-esque point guard.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 2

It's just amazing how quickly this fan base has turned on Jeff Teague.

Start this type of thread 2 months ago, and people would've called Ferry crazy for trying to get rid of him.

The crazy thing is that Dennis is even more an unstable offensive player than Teague is. He has a suspect jumper. He needs to be totally wide open to make 3s. He can't shoot off the dribble. He can pass though . . . and turn the ball over more too.

Blame the GM folks.

It's just amazing how quickly this fan base has turned on Jeff Teague. Start this type of thread 2 months ago, and people would've called Ferry crazy for trying to get rid of him. The crazy thing is that Dennis is even more an unstable offensive player than Teague is. He has a suspect jumper. He needs to be totally wide open to make 3s. He can't shoot off the dribble. He can pass though . . . and turn the ball over more too. Blame the GM folks.

What do you expect - Teague has his flaws but he was playing well. Now he has taken an epic dive off a cliff and nobody knows exactly why. HIS passive approach to the game is the most annoying thing to me. I thought he had gotten over it.

Posted Image

"Yaaaawn, say what now?"

That's epic. Woody aint taking bout s&@t. But yeah, Felton needs about a month-long grace period to get used to a new city's food, then another month of a crash diet. Damn that supposed stacked UNC team didn't pan out at the next level. Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

Hard to believe that Felton is that undesirable now. What's his contract situation?

That's what i'm thinking. Two years after this at $3 million i think. That's not hard to take i don't think but there again why should we give them the best player in the trade AND take back their crap.

It's just amazing how quickly this fan base has turned on Jeff Teague. Start this type of thread 2 months ago, and people would've called Ferry crazy for trying to get rid of him. The crazy thing is that Dennis is even more an unstable offensive player than Teague is. He has a suspect jumper. He needs to be totally wide open to make 3s. He can't shoot off the dribble. He can pass though . . . and turn the ball over more too. Blame the GM folks.

It amazes me that we have some posters who think they are know alls about a player before that player even gets an opportunity.Lately I have been bashing Teague but it's because I'm upset with his play this year as well as others.But you guys with this know it all on Teague makes no sense to me. The reason so many fans wanted to see Teague get a chance this season was because of bonehead josh smith. The two years prior to this one Teague fg% was 47/45, avg 12/14 points a game along with 5/7 assist in those two years.....I mean lets be fair most hawk fans saw Teagues potential as he already showed the skills we were just worried about his attitude from that point.Besides all that unless you know it all are saying you knew Teague would play like this because of his passive attitude there's no way you would have known how Teague would turn out with josh smith playing like a point guard on the court.Teagues not a scrub, he's a passive sissy who best fits a role playing position. If we didn't need his scoring I wouldn't care but we need a scoring pg on this team.
  • Like 1

That's what i'm thinking. Two years after this at $3 million i think. That's not hard to take i don't think but there again why should we give them the best player in the trade AND take back their crap.

Agreed no way I'm taking their crap and paying him for 2 more years after this unless they're sweetening the pot somehow.

@TheNorthCydeRises, I'm not a Ferry fan but compared to you I sound like his agent or something. Dang, did he take your lunch money as a kid or something? Posted Image

Kidding aside, I do think he's to blame for our mess at PG. To sign him to an extension and try to get rid of him within a season is questionable at best. At worst it smacks of BK-level GMing without a real plan. And yes I question just what his actual plan is.

I was never a fan of the Ferry hire.

The day he traded off JJ for 5 dead flies, was the day he started to lose me. People celebrated that move. But the "plan" for guys like JJ, Smith, Horford, etc, was to flip them for either better talent or for picks. We lose JJ for virtually nothing but cap space. We lose Smith for virtually nothing but cap space. And it will be interesting to see what we trade Teague for ( if he's able to trade him ).

Going into this season, Ferry could've either constructed a team that was going to be bad, enabling us to get a high 1st round pick . . . or constructed a team that could've had a few very good core pieces, and kept us in the top 4 in the East.

Instead, Ferry plays it down the middle . . . which is exactly where the fan base does NOT want to be.

Until he pulls off a significant franchise changing move ( or a series of them ), I will be in the camp that is highly critical of Ferry. He's done nothing to help this team, in my eyes.

• Like 1

That's epic. Woody aint taking bout s&@t. But yeah, Felton needs about a month-long grace period to get used to a new city's food, then another month of a crash diet. Damn that supposed stacked UNC team didn't pan out at the next level.

Sean May did well.....lol. My bad

More media drivel for the mongers to feed on.. Teague will not be traded this year or next year. Everyone knows how deadly this kid can be with a pick and roll shooting forward. If Horford was never hurt this kid would probably be in the top 4 of point guards in the league.Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Not with his terrible shooting and mediocre defense.

I don't think Al going down should've had that negative affect on Jeff. His raw PG fundamentals just arent up to snuff for Bud and Ferry. I was watching Patty Mills go ballistic last night and thought "damn, we'd be okay with him." If we think Jeff's demeanor and confidence are less than ideal now, he's gonna really feel like a chump after being shopped hard only to come back after he already had the awkward dance with Ferry this summer.

I don't remember Teague playing this poorly when Al went down 2 years ago...

• Like 2

Hard to believe that Felton is that undesirable now.

I don't follow him or nothing, but I'm thinking coaches don't like him in the fourth quarter. He's had to split all types of PG duties, especially late, with all types of iffy guards at all his stops. Midgets, seniors, combos, chuckers, 34 YO rookies, Andre Miller. A career .413 shooting percentage ain't eye-popping either.