• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I no longer understand ferry or bud at this point....

JTB

• Moderators

I don't think Brand gets you a second round pick. The Lakers have been shopping Hill and can't get a single second round pick for him and he is much younger and more productive than Brand at this stage.

• Like 1

I don't think Brand gets you a second round pick. The Lakers have been shopping Hill and can't get a single second round pick for him and he is much younger and more productive than Brand at this stage.

A playoff team looking for a back up might or a team with multiple 2nd's.

Why wouldn't they take Hill over Brand?

His veteranism lol.Elton rebounds, block shots and still has a little offensive game - he is money on the freethrow line shot. Hill is all energy guy. Edited by JayBirdHawk

honestly i just wanna see Schröder get some PT for his development. We're obviously one and done in the playoffs and Mack isn't going to be here for the long term.

At this point just start the damn rookie and I'm a happy hawks fan. I wish the stadium would just start shouting "play the rook" every damn game until he gets ALOT more minutes!-we didn't make any good trades-we have lost 7 straight games -the team is injured where we only have 9 healthy players-we are constantly moving out of playoff contentionPLAY AND START DENNIS!!!! We have nothing to lose! The kid needs his development. Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

Because we only have 9 healthy bodies and SOMEBODY has to suit up for us?

This is true, there is very little being given up around the league at the deadline this year. Teams are hoarding their picks with the 2014 draft and the new CBA affecting strategy.

@ Dolfan23 - Teams are even hoarding 2nd round picks just ask Mitch Kupchack.

Kevin Ding: Kupchak: "Picks have become more valuable than ever. It used to be you get could second-round picks pretty easy." Twitter @KevinDing - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.kFnHv88Z.dpuf

@ Dolfan23 - Teams are even hoarding 2nd round picks just ask Mitch Kupchack.

Kevin Ding: Kupchak: "Picks have become more valuable than ever. It used to be you get could second-round picks pretty easy." Twitter @KevinDing - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.kFnHv88Z.dpuf

Mention doesn't work if there's a space between.

Yep they are hoarding picks like crazy. A lot of potential value in 2nd round players.

Mention doesn't work if there's a space between.

Yep they are hoarding picks like crazy. A lot of potential value in 2nd round players.

Naw the rule change where you can have college players rights with 2nd round picks made them as valuable as Europeans. Before, if you didn't need them on your roster, you had to cut them. Now, they are like Euros. Look at Mike M. We would have cut him 3 years ago even with his potential. Now he's in Europe and we still have his rights.

Naw the rule change where you can have college players rights with 2nd round picks made them as valuable as Europeans. Before, if you didn't need them on your roster, you had to cut them. Now, they are like Euros. Look at Mike M. We would have cut him 3 years ago even with his potential. Now he's in Europe and we still have his rights.

That's his point. There is a link posted about the value of 2nd round picks in another thread.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

The players stashed overseas for teams are usually role player time players and all teams need those, but most likely you are not going to get a top 3 player unless you draft or trade for them, of course there are always a few exceptions to the rule.