• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I no longer understand ferry or bud at this point....

JTB

It's more than just getting Hawes for right now. He is due for a contract as an RFA next season. Does Ferry view him as a long term solution at some dollar amount going forward or let him leave for nothing after giving up 2 2nd rounders for him? If he gets an offer, would Ferry feel obligated to match even if it's some crazy nbr? Or do we facilitate a SnT and getting back bad contracts?We can't be short sighted in our thinking of well it's the trade deadline so we have to do something.Do we really need another perimeter shooting Big?

But see I don't understand that....I'm not saying trade now because it's the deadline. I'm saying make a trade because the players you have, have hit their ceiling or have no high potential except 1 or 2 guys in Dennis and Scott.What's the point of staying flexible? We gon stay flexible all the way until 2016 and still be wondering if the team will ever get better?Why are we worried about long term and short term? Let's say ferry assemble a team he likes in 2016...well now we have to wait for those guys to learn buds system! Why isn't ferry getting the puzzle pieces one at a time?....is he really trying to acquire the whole puzzle at once?Scratch all that.....let's say we stand pat with this current team which is 90 percent a chance, now what?....is ferry wasting buds coaching on players that he doesn't plan on keeping for the long term? Why the hell aren't we starting DENNIS?!!!!!We can compete by developing our rookie! If no trades atleast give Dennis some real playing time so that he can develop! He's going to struggle regardless so play him now so by 22/23 he can potentially be a beast!.....WTF is the plan here ferry/bud?

And I was the bad guy when I figured no trades would happen before the deadline. Come on people.. General Managers are good at what they do, so don't get upset when things don't go how we envisioned. This is why we're posting management ideas on a forum instead of being a manager.

I wish this was true but every GM isn't smart nor is every owner. Many get that get this GM position, got it because of their name. Just because we are fans don't mean we don't know smart basketball moves or how salaries work.I know ferry isn't dumb, he sees this shit crew that put out in the Phillips arena.

But see I don't understand that....I'm not saying trade now because it's the deadline. I'm saying make a trade because the players you have, have hit their ceiling or have no high potential except 1 or 2 guys in Dennis and Scott.What's the point of staying flexible? We gon stay flexible all the way until 2016 and still be wondering if the team will ever get better?Why are we worried about long term and short term? Let's say ferry assemble a team he likes in 2016...well now we have to wait for those guys to learn buds system! Why isn't ferry getting the puzzle pieces one at a time?....is he really trying to acquire the whole puzzle at once?Scratch all that.....let's say we stand pat with this current team which is 90 percent a chance, now what?....is ferry wasting buds coaching on players that he doesn't plan on keeping for the long term? Why the hell aren't we starting DENNIS?!!!!!We can compete by developing our rookie! If no trades atleast give Dennis some real playing time so that he can develop! He's going to struggle regardless so play him now so by 22/23 he can potentially be a beast!.....WTF is the plan here ferry/bud?

I would like to see Teague and Lou moved so Dennis can get experience now for next season. A team has to WANT them, same as any other player.Even if we keep our current team today does that mean it will be the same come opening day next season? No.How about a draft day trade: example: The Kings they don't need another young player but they need a PF. They have been trying to make the playoffs. We trade Sap and our pick for theirs.Will it happen - who the heck knows. But the possibility exists.Like I said 'Don't be short sighted" at the deadline.

I don't see the point in standing still with the current roster. We either need to flip guys like Brand for something or we need to use the DPE to get Kaman for a one round playoff run this year. Not doing either makes no sense.

We're doing fine heading towards the gutter as it is with this roster so why not ride them all the way? I can see moving Brand to a contender just out of fairness to him being this late in his career but that's it. Problem is we literally have no one else who can play C if we do that.

A lot of guys might be getting bought out etc. Just be patient and see what Ferry does. Don't forget before Pero went out we had hit a little groove. This is very similar to the Falcons situation. As the year goes on we learn more about our roster and if we drop into the lottery, who cares? It's a win win for Ferry and Bud now.

• Like 1

I don't see the point in standing still with the current roster. We either need to flip guys like Brand for something or we need to use the DPE to get Kaman for a one round playoff run this year. Not doing either makes no sense.

Because I would prefer if we are gonna stink and get a lottery pick I would prefer to ADD our lottery pick to whatever little talent we have than give them away. Unless we are getting something worthwhile.

• Premium Member

Because I would prefer if we are gonna stink and get a lottery pick I would prefer to ADD our lottery pick to whatever little talent we have than give them away. Unless we are getting something worthwhile.

Thats my point jaybird..if we're going to lose anyway and NOT adding a center WILL MEAN we will keep losing...why not flip Brand and anyone else NOW for first round picks? If you are going to lose anyway why not at least get the most out of it?

Thats my point jaybird..if we're going to lose anyway and NOT adding a center WILL MEAN we will keep losing...why not flip Brand and anyone else NOW for first round picks? If you are going to lose anyway why not at least get the most out of it?

WHO IS GIVING A FIRST FOR BRAND?!?!? LOL Hawes wen't for 2 2nd rounders. No first for Brand my man.

Teams are not giving up 1st rounders though. I don't mind flipping Brand but he is our only big with all the injuries.

Because we only have 9 healthy bodies and SOMEBODY has to suit up for us?

Teams are not giving up 1st rounders though. I don't mind flipping Brand but he is our only big with all the injuries.

This is true, there is very little being given up around the league at the deadline this year. Teams are hoarding their picks with the 2014 draft and the new CBA affecting strategy.

Well he did say Brand and others for firsts.

Yeah other what? Other teams players lol? If Ferry got a first for anybody on this current roster beyond Horf, & Milsap he is a genious. And even they wouldn't be lottery first unless we are taking back boatloads of money.