• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks trade for Antawn Jamison

WraithSentinel

The cumulative effect of all the injuries cannot be discounted as to why we are where we are.

Being a garbage 3rd seed would suck as well. Toronto is 3rd seed and they aren't that good. They are just good. Not very good. Obviously not elite. Just good. Us being a good team is pointless. We were very good with Joe, Al, Josh, Jamal, and Bibby which didn't fit and we didn't go nowhere but to look outmatched in the 2nd round which is what would happen this year.

Well guess what we can still end up in the lottery and still have Teague, Korver and Millsap as assets. Assuming the injuries keep us short handed and the losses pile up we are in good shape. All it takes is 1 lucky bounce in the lottery and we're Spurs bound!

Actually that may be the case. The year that they got Duncan, Robinson had been hurt and they tanked and got the top pick. Horf is hurt.................

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm not upset. I expected nothing at the deadline and we got nothing. Ferry is doing his job believe it or not - bringing in talent and managing a flexible roster/payroll. Every move isn't always about landing the superstar. Teams do quite a bit of tweaking in between those franchise changing moves/breakout player performances. My problem has always been that tweaking is a bit counter productive when you don't have the best assets to deal with and your playoff prospectus is an early exit.

For anyone expecting a real deal, it would have taken Horford/Millsap to get something of substance done. Which...really, would signal a tank/rebuild...which was never Ferry's intention. Just like last year he built a team to compete with Smoove as the centerpiece, this year he intended to compete with Horford as the centerpiece. It would have been good enough for the 3 seed in this weak conference. Any other year, we'd be solidly stuck in the 4/5.

Is what it is though.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The cumulative effect of all the injuries cannot be discounted as to why we are where we are.

We are in the same place we thought we would be. We are heading to the playoffs looking at a first or second round exit. Healthy or hurt, we are in exactly the same place.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We are in the same place we thought we would be. We are heading to the playoffs looking at a first or second round exit. Healthy or hurt, we are in exactly the same place.

Concerning your response to my post, I definitely get why they are annoyed. I disagree with the last part of this post though. With a healthy roster, I think we could have made some noise in the playoffs -- maybe I'm just being a homer. Hurt, we're probably looking at a first round sweep unless two of Charlotte/Detroit/Cleveland/NY can pass us. Perhaps the end result will be the same, but I don't think a team that plays competitive ball is in the same place as a team in a tailspin.

• Like 1

Actually, most of the injuries are very recent. For the first 30 games, we were mostly injury free except for Lou rehabbing. A completely healthy roster can be seen for our .500 + start, not our injuries being our demise.

The last 3 years we had many more games lost to injury, but won more games. In 2011-2012, only Smith and Teague played all 66 games. Horford missed 55 games and even in the shortened 66 game season, the Hawks neared a team record for player games lost to injury. Yet the team went 40-26, 14 games over .500. 53 games in , the team is currently 3 games under .500.

In the 11-12 season, Pachulia missed 8 games, Marvin 9, Hinrich 18, Collins 36, McGrady 14, Johnson 6, Radmonovic 17, Horford 55 etc. The team was so bad, Donald Sloan played in 5 games, Dampier got into 15, Stackhouse played in 30 and Willie Green got 17 minutes a game in 53 games.

Blaming injuries is just denying that we degraded the roster 14 million annually in the last 2 years. When you give talent away and don't sign/trade for talent...you go back into the lottery. In any other season, 3 games under .500 doesn't normally make the playoffs. We are only in the chase because the East is so weak right now. If we were in the West, we would be 11th seed right now, 6 games behind the 8th seed.

Our draft picks are benched or overseas, only Mike Scott has worked out so far.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well stashing is gay. Bring their ass over. If we lose we lose but their here

I suspect the ability to "stash" players was a significant factor in the Hawks decision to draft Dennis and Lucas. Had the Hawks been able to land Howard and Paul, they would likely have kept both Lucas and Dennis overseas. If we didn't have the opportunity at Howard and Paul last offseason, the Hawks quite possibly would have drafted differently. That said, I still think Dennis will be a good player. Edited by Jody23

• Premium Member

Okay because 1 in a billion is the same as the odds of a team winning the NBA lottery.

For the NBA it pretty much is the same. We're not going to be bad enough to get enough balls in the lottery to really make a difference. But hey, I hope they win it too.

Actually, most of the injuries are very recent. For the first 30 games, we were mostly injury free except for Lou rehabbing. A completely healthy roster can be seen for our .500 + start, not our injuries being our demise. The last 3 years we had many more games lost to injury, but won more games. In 2011-2012, only Smith and Teague played all 66 games. Horford missed 55 games and even in the shortened 66 game season, the Hawks neared a team record for player games lost to injury. Yet the team went 40-26, 14 games over .500. 53 games in , the team is currently 3 games under .500. In the 11-12 season, Pachulia missed 8 games, Marvin 9, Hinrich 18, Collins 36, McGrady 14, Johnson 6, Radmonovic 17, Horford 55 etc. The team was so bad, Donald Sloan played in 5 games, Dampier got into 15, Stackhouse played in 30 and Willie Green got 17 minutes a game in 53 games. Blaming injuries is just denying that we degraded the roster 14 million annually in the last 2 years. When you give talent away and don't sign/trade for talent...you go back into the lottery. In any other season, 3 games under .500 doesn't normally make the playoffs. We are only in the chase because the East is so weak right now. If we were in the West, we would be 11th seed right now, 6 games behind the 8th seed. Our draft picks are benched or overseas, only Mike Scott has worked out so far.

Record? What? I'm totally calling bullshit on this, I don't know who even keeps track of injury stats let alone a team record for this. Only recently did basketball reference keep an injury report.

We aren't heading to the playoffs. Might as well accept that now. We'll probably be 9th seed within 10 games.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Blaming injuries is just denying that we degraded the roster 14 million annually in the last 2 years. When you give talent away and don't sign/trade for talent...you go back into the lottery. In any other season, 3 games under .500 doesn't normally make the playoffs. We are only in the chase because the East is so weak right now. If we were in the West, we would be 11th seed right now, 6 games behind the 8th seed.

Agree to disagree. I'll take this team (healthy) over any team we've had in recent memory.

• Like 3

Well stashing is gay. Bring their ass over. If we lose we lose but their here

That's extremely short sighted, especially if the player works out. There's ZERO sense in starting the clock on the players 2nd contract when they can improve overseas on someone else's dime and then we get 3-4 years out of them playing much better basketball than they would have straight out of the draft.

For the NBA it pretty much is the same. We're not going to be bad enough to get enough balls in the lottery to really make a difference. But hey, I hope they win it too.

All I'm saying is that it's possible. The NBA might be ready to turn us into the next Spurs.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

This team was going to be special if it was healthy i believe. Horfords automatic J with Lou starting to come back to his old form and Jeff not hanging his head because he has a C that opens the lane for him and sets good screens for him. So many disappointments due to injury. JJ showed promise and his back derailed him this season. Pero 's comeback might disappoint the pro tank fans, just saying..Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1