Hawks trade for Antawn Jamison

WraithSentinel

This team was going to be special if it was healthy i believe. Horfords automatic J with Lou starting to come back to his old form and Jeff not hanging his head because he has a C that opens the lane for him and sets good screens for him. So many disappointments due to injury. JJ showed promise and his back derailed him this season. Pero 's comeback might disappoint the pro tank fans, just saying..Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's always next year though. If we can manage to unload some dead weight to sign Lance Stephenson to a max contract (which for him might be around 10-12 mil a season, not quite sure), I would put us as the second best team in the conference ahead of the Pacers. Not to mention the small possibility of Lebron leaving which could make us the best team then.

• Premium Member

All I'm saying is that it's possible. The NBA might be ready to turn us into the next Spurs.

I hope you're right. But it's a long shot. If the Hawks lost out for the rest of the season of course we'd be in the lottery. But this team has a lot of fight which will help them win some games while the 'tanking' teams shamelessly continue tanking.

• Like 1

Record? What? I'm totally calling bullshit on this, I don't know who even keeps track of injury stats let alone a team record for this. Only recently did basketball reference keep an injury report.

Okay record was for effect. I'm not claiming there is some kind of official record on this (though I'm sure there is). However consider these two articles.

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2012/03/26/atlanta-hawks-how-much-have-injuries-really-hurt-them/

http://www.basketballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=2225

prior to the 11-12 season, the previous 3 years' Hawks teams lost a combined 226 games due to injury (an average of 75 a year). In the 11-12 season per this AJC article, the Hawks had lost 107 games to injury by March 26. in a season shortened by 18 games and with 16 games left in the season. That's right, in the first 50 games of the 11-12 season, the Hawks averaged 2 people a night missing from the lineup due to injury. It was insane. And we aren't talking about Gustavo Ayón or Pero Antić. Horford was out for 55 games, Marvin, Joe, Hinrich all missed substantial time and many players played hurt. Still, that team finished 14 games over .500 a 60.6% winning percentage. This team is 3 under, a 47% winning percentage.

Talent....not excuses. We were all excited in a near injury free first 30 games to be a 2 game over .500 club. Our peak this year was 4 over. Ferry has A. stripped the team of star level talent. B. Placed us firmly under the cap making dealing to get up back close to LT spending a very difficult task. It is much harder to maintain $69 million in salary than to climb up to it.

Ferry has drafted potential and system, not talent. I've been purposely trying to stay off the boards. Even in wins, I've seen the complete lack of defense and pace designed to simply try to outscore the competition. Come playoff time, assuming we still make it, the game slows to half court, defense tightens and we are in trouble.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

LOL @ you guys all fretting because of this trade. Lakers wanted a pick for their bigs, that's why Ferry didn't want ot do it and neither I would. Who else got traded for nothing and would actually help the Hawks? Turner or Hawes, perhaps?

There were no takers for Teague or Lou, should we accept a second rounder for them?

Just enjoy the ride and let the man do his job!

• Moderators

"Yo, Ferrocious One, it's your boy, sup homie! Hey, I just got one question for you and EB... HOW BOUT DEM TAR HEELS! 8 straight, ain't it great?!? BWAHAHAHAHA! Don't worry, man, it gets better. I'm just playin' with ya. And speaking of playin' with ya, what time should I stop by the office so we can start talking about pla... Hello? Hello?"

~tawn

• Like 4

• Moderators

Tis official and such now: