• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Zach Lowe: Everyone wants the same lopsided deal Atlanta got for Joe Johnson

Admin

• Premium Member

Uh...not sure why I was, well, whatever you call it when you @name people? I always was a fan of trading Joe to get out of his contract. Loved the player, hated the contract. Go back and look when we traded him and every time its been brought up since. Always liked that deal.

• Like 1

Uh...not sure why I was, well, whatever you call it when you @name people? I always was a fan of trading Joe to get out of his contract. Loved the player, hated the contract. Go back and look when we traded him and every time its been brought up since. Always liked that deal.

Oh were you? My bad then. I know you were a Joe F'n Johnson fan and f'n proud of that f'n fact so I guess I figured you were against the trade.

I know we've been around this topic many, many times...but it still surprises me to no end how we cleared 150 million in cap space from Joe and Marvin. I don't know how he convinced the brass in Brooklyn and Utah to pull the trigger.... great moves. As time goes forward, we'll keep realizing the impact those trades made....

• Like 4

this is why I dont critictize ferry for not making a trade at the trade deadline as much as others. It is much harder to complete a trade these days. More GMs are overvaluing their own assets. Unprotected 1st rounders are like gold and with more GMs finding gems in the 2nd round like chandler parsons and isaiah thomas, 2nd round picks have sky rocketed this year in value.

Edit: also dont forget about how the new CBA is affecting everybody.

Edited by yungsta
  • Like 3

My apologies for possibly starting something here by calling out @TheNorthCydeRises and @Sothron as that certainly wasn't my intention to create a thread that got out of hand quickly and devolved into name calling and personal attacks. This is a topic worth discussing (IMO) so I'm removing the bad and re-opening the topic. Let's keep it civil please.

• Premium Member

I promise to keep this civil if the same courtesy is extended back.

Ferry deserves praise for that trade as I have said since that trade happened. The only thing I wish we had gotten more was Brooks or Gerald Green. I'm fairly positive that Ferry not being an idiot would have asked for that and was told no so he had to either take that deal as it stood or not do the deal at all. Clearly it is better for our team that we did the deal.

• Like 1

You think it's got out of hand already? North isn't finished preparing his essay.

I'm sure North will have a good reply but it shouldn't be one of a personal nature as that was never my intent. Just didn't want the 2 guys who I thought were most against the trade to miss this one.

I think we should have an essay-off between @TheNorthCydeRises and @Wretch

• Like 2

I think fans are so use to being down on the Hawks that they just don't know how to think positive about them. Danny Ferry is the best GM in Hawks history and is 10x's better than most Hawks fans like to give him credit. It's better to not make a move than to make a terrible one. When analysts, other GM's, and other NBA professionals talk nothing but positive things about Atlanta's situation, you know we are in a good spot. Hell, even players around the league see Atlanta in a new light. The standings and current roster means nothing. 2 years as a GM is a blip on the radar for how long it takes to make a contender. Also, fans saw how Miami made an insta-o-matic contender in 2010 and got a false sense of how contenders are actually made. They aren't manufactured and cooked in a microwave. Making a contenders is slow-n-low BBQ. A lot of preparation and a lot of time in the oven, but oh how sweet it tastes once it's ready. And this is what posts look like when I'm starving... lol

This is one of the best post I have seen in awhile ^^^Then he adds the bonus of BBQ.. Iheart this post
  • Like 4

• Moderators

My apologies for possibly starting something here by calling out @TheNorthCydeRises and @Sothron as that certainly wasn't my intention to create a thread that got out of hand quickly and devolved into name calling and personal attacks. This is a topic worth discussing (IMO) so I'm removing the bad and re-opening the topic. Let's keep it civil please.

Personal attacks on Sothron and Northcyde?!?

Posted Image

• Like 2