• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

C-Viv: Danny Ferry offers insight into trade deadline

Admin

Hawks general manager Danny Ferry offered some insigt into the NBA trade deadline in speaking with the media Thursday afternoon after the team announced the deal for Antawn Jamison (to be waived).

#insigt

As in, you don't get this kind of insigt anywhere else on the internet.

Not a bad article. He does a good job putting trades into perspective, basically saying there are other avenues to acquire talent through free agency and the draft. In other words, let's not freak out at the trade deadline if we don't make a blockbuster trade.

Not a bad article. He does a good job putting trades into perspective, basically saying there are other avenues to acquire talent through free agency and the draft. In other words, let's not freak out at the trade deadline if we don't make a blockbuster trade.

No. It is an awful article. Why? Because you could have learned everything from that article by watching a video the Atlanta Hawks put out yesterday:

So basically Vivlamore transcribed a video. You kidding me? Part of this was actually transcribed earlier by Robby Kalland:

So we don't even know how much Vivlamore transcribed. For all we know, he might as well ctrl+c'ed most of the Kalland material.

• Moderators

So we don't even know how much Vivlamore transcribed. For all we know, he might as well ctrl+c'ed most of the Kalland material.

You know the insigt was all him. Kalland's article didn't have that kind of typo.

• Like 3

Getting a top 5 pick would be the best way to get top notch talent and Danny has already failed us there. Now we will get a 17th pick in which we get a player that we HOPE will CONTRIBUTE.

All we get is *contributors* and *diamonds in the rough" and it makes us still look like small timers.

Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 3

No. It is an awful article. Why? Because you could have learned everything from that article by watching a video the Atlanta Hawks put out yesterday:

Fair enough, but for someone who isn't on twitter and didn't watch those video's it was a good summary, transcribed or not.

Edited by ATLSmith

Getting a top 5 pick would be the best way to get top notch talent and Danny has already failed us there. Now we will get a 17th pick in which we get a player that we HOPE will CONTRIBUTE.

I'm not gong to argue that a higher draft pick is better, because obviously it is. But proven NBA talent can also be acquired through free agency or a trade.

I'm not gong to argue that a higher draft pick is better, because obviously it is. But proven NBA talent can also be acquired through free agency or a trade.

A top 5 pick can also be traded.

There was nothing to gain by squeaking into the playoffs this year. If 6 or 7 previous playoff appearances did not convince FA's to come here, adding one more is not likely make a difference.

• Like 1

Goodness man this was a bit disappointing to me but like I've said before Im not going to throw in the towel on ferry……BUT I expect some major rebuilding moves this summer! That doesn't mean star players that just means players with high potential that can develop.

Ferry did keep it real when he said "We have to continually and methodically make sound decisions to put ourselves in the best position to succeed. You are going to need some luck. You are going to need some health. You are going to need a lot of things."

Damn I've heard similar things from other gms that Ferry has said in this article but the statement above was just plain out as real as it gets. Especially when he said you are going to need some luck to succeed.