• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do u want the Hawks in the playoffs?

Bonkers

Do u want the Hawks in the playoffs?  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This season is also about asset building. Way I see it Ferry brought in guys to build their value so he can make a trade when possible. Use a playoff run to increase the value of Teague and the rest so when a upper tier guy has to leave because of cap issues we have the ability to make a trade. This is exactly what the Celtics did to build their last championship.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Far short? Honestly, Millsap might have been the third best FA on the market, and we got him. There will be some good players on the market we could pursue (particularly Stephenson), and I feel that we may trade Teague/Lou on draft night to free up some more space.

To answer Sothron, I read we have potentially $10M in cap (Brand, Scott, Ayón and Antić aren't guaranteed, plus the minimum guys we have). Here's a link: http://hoopshype.com/salaries/atlanta.htm

10 million in cap space isn't anything to sneeze at.

• Moderators

I'm also not going to discount the difference between 1 or 2 spots. One spot is the difference between Roy Hibbert and JaVale McGee or Rajon Rondo and Marcus Willams...

This does resonate. (Thinking of Teague and Lawson).

• Like 1

• Moderators

Dallas is in the same spot we are.....8th

• Regarding the notion that the Mavs (34-23), currently in the eighth playoff spot in the West, are caught in a no-man's land of mediocrity, Cuban was dismissive. Wouldn't he rather be really good or really bad (i.e. tanking)? "Oh, absolutely not," Cuban said. "That's dumb [expletive].

He dismantled the defending NBA champions to take his shot in the FA lottery. I'm not buying that he is unwilling to lose some games to try to hit big on a star.

The reality is more than he knows a team built around Dirk is going to be competitive unless he really limits the talent and he is unwilling to do that to Dirk for a second time.

Also, when asked if he wouldn't rather be really good why would anyone not say, "yes"?

wasn't that the year Kahn of the Twolves drafted 3 point guards?

Yes. Yes it was. It still irks me because after 2 point guards I was rejoicing at us having Lawson.

• Like 2

He dismantled the defending NBA champions to take his shot in the FA lottery. I'm not buying that he is unwilling to lose some games to try to hit big on a star.

The reality is more than he knows a team built around Dirk is going to be competitive unless he really limits the talent and he is unwilling to do that to Dirk for a second time.

Also, when asked if he wouldn't rather be really good why would anyone not say, "yes"?

Yes. Yes it was. It still irks me because after 2 point guards I was rejoicing at us having Lawson.

You're right. Why would Cuban say anything else in public? My only point was in his response being so emphatic... "That's dumb shi*".....That's just how I feel about watching my favorite team, and losing on purpose...

• Premium Member

This does resonate. (Thinking of Teague and Lawson).

I am so tired of you Teague haters! You and the Ferry haters just bring down this site so much! But since I don't want this to turn into a Teague debate i just want to remind you that even experienced players have growing pains trying to adapt to a new system and then after injuries to new teammates.

• Moderators

I am so tired of you Teague haters! You and the Ferry haters just bring down this site so much! But since I don't want this to turn into a Teague debate i just want to remind you that even experienced players have growing pains trying to adapt to a new system and then after injuries to new teammates.

I don't hate Teague but I was bitterly disappointed that we missed out on Lawson. Had I thought Durant was in the bag, I would probably feel like that about the Horford pick but I was just happy we lucked into keeping our pick and then never expected Durant to slide to #3. With Lawson, I thought he was in the bag with the least rookie PG needy team right in front of us. That hurt.

I also don't hate Ferry. I have questions about his fundamental building strategy and whether we are making good use of this season and I have questions about his drafting acumen. I love the FA signings for value and like the trades to date. He represents a clear upgrade over Sund and BK but the jury is out as to how good he really is. That isn't hate.

Sometimes the "hater" cry is just a way of trying to dismiss people with a different point of view.

• Like 4

We have little chance to land a top 3 pick if we tank. If we continue to barely hang on we would draw the Heat or Pacers in round 1. I guess the only think I'm hoping for is play out the games the best way you can and let the basketball Gods take over. I'm still hoping we pull a Rockets/Harden type of deal sometime in the near future. Smh. Dang we are in a weird rough spot.

• Premium Member

We have little chance to land a top 3 pick if we tank. If we continue to barely hang on we would draw the Heat or Pacers in round 1. I guess the only think I'm hoping for is play out the games the best way you can and let the basketball Gods take over. I'm still hoping we pull a Rockets/Harden type of deal sometime in the near future. Smh. Dang we are in a weird rough spot.

Yes we are. Even rougher when you consider that the Harden deal was a SnT...so if we did something like that, he'd have to want to be here. Also, the amount of capital that it took to get him. You're not going to get a player the quality of Harden for Teague/Dennis/Late 1st round picks. Especially when these "losers" like Charlotte and New Orleans have stockpiles of lottery assets that they'd outbid us with.

I'm really not sure what I'm hoping for at this point. I'm kind of in wait and see mode, while secretly wanting a "loser" team to pull something off that wakes people up to the reality here.

Edited by Wretch

Doesn't it give you the option to "null" vote to see the results? Maybe 6 people just wanted a peak without a poke?

That's what she said.... BAZINGAAAA!!!! Edited by Spud2Nique

I don't hate Teague but I was bitterly disappointed that we missed out on Lawson. Had I thought Durant was in the bag, I would probably feel like that about the Horford pick but I was just happy we lucked into keeping our pick and then never expected Durant to slide to #3. With Lawson, I thought he was in the bag with the least rookie PG needy team right in front of us. That hurt.

I also don't hate Ferry. I have questions about his fundamental building strategy and whether we are making good use of this season and I have questions about his drafting acumen. I love the FA signings for value and like the trades to date. He represents a clear upgrade over Sund and BK but the jury is out as to how good he really is. That isn't hate.

Sometimes the "hater" cry is just a way of trying to dismiss people with a different point of view.

Preach. I been telling simpletons that for years man. They don't get it. It's okay though. They will eventually come around. I don't think Jeff is an average player. I think he is a good player, average PG and not a good starting PG. He would be an elite 6th man.

Just want to weigh in that I certainly don't hate or even dislike Teague. I think he is a vast improvement over what we had the 4 or 5 years previous to him starting. I also, don't question Ferry's ability as I do the owner's directives to Ferry. I don't want to see them totally handcuff him.If Muscala shows some ability and improvement this year, I would take that as encouragement for next year. I don't expect him or any move the ASG allows to affect this losing streak.

Just want to weigh in that I certainly don't hate or even dislike Teague. I think he is a vast improvement over what we had the 4 or 5 years previous to him starting. I also, don't question Ferry's ability as I do the owner's directives to Ferry. I don't want to see them totally handcuff him.If Muscala shows some ability and improvement this year, I would take that as encouragement for next year. I don't expect him or any move the ASG allows to affect this losing streak.

Honestly the year we traded for Bibby and the year after that, Bibby was much better for us than Jeff has ever been for us. He was a good PG those two years.

I always personally liked Bibby, and he was a step up from the previous disasters at PG, but I thought at that point of his career he was more suited for coming in for specific runs. Didn't have young enough legs to play 40 minutes.

• Like 1