• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks want to bring Muscala over

GrimeyKidd

Random thought: the money we got from the Clips paid to get Muscala out of his contract in Spain?

Makes a lot of sense. I'm surprised the ASG let Ferry spend that extra money. If this is true, hopefully we didn't need the trade to get the money for the buyout for his contract.
  • Like 1

• Moderators

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution confirmed a report of the pending roster addition first reported by Sportando Tuesday that cited Muscala’s European agent Misko Raznatovic.

The Hawks and Muscala needed to complete a buyout of the center’s contract with his Spanish team.

The 7-footer signed with Blusens Monbus Obradoiro of the ACB League last summer to continue his development. He had a strong 20 games with Monbus Obradoiro and led the ACB League in rebounding (7.8) and was seventh in scoring (14.6).

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/muscala-en-route-from-spain-to-sign-with-hawks/ndbgP/

Did he grow an inch? I thought Moose was on the low side of 6'11" when we drafted him.

~lw3

• Moderators

I think this is why we cut Cunningham.

Someone still needs to be cut since we signed Pittman (just to a 10 day).

This is really surprising to me. Given how little is left of Moose's rookie season, I hope that we sign him to at least a 4 year deal with team options. I'd hate to see him blossom and be an UFA in two years because we burned his first season for 6 weeks of play in a year where we have no meaningful playoff aspirations and we signed him to a short term deal on top of that.

• Premium Member

Someone still needs to be cut since we signed Pittman (just to a 10 day).

This is really surprising to me. Given how little is left of Moose's rookie season, I hope that we sign him to at least a 4 year deal with team options. I'd hate to see him blossom and be an UFA in two years because we burned his first season for 6 weeks of play in a year where we have no meaningful playoff aspirations and we signed him to a short term deal on top of that.

That's exactly what I was asking earlier dude. Why are we bringing him over now instead of waiting for the offseason to bring him over for next season?

Great to have another level of intrigue on the season. Jeffrey taking the next step, Dennis getting time, Brooklyn swap, who goes to All Star weekend, and the trade deadline all lost fizz then people are more anxious than excited looking towards the playoffs. Nice to have some positive news going on.