• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks want to bring Muscala over

GrimeyKidd

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/muscala-en-route-from-spain-to-sign-with-hawks/ndbgP/

Did he grow an inch? I thought Moose was on the low side of 6'11" when we drafted him.

~lw3

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Mike-Muscala-6520/

He measured 6'11.5'' in shoes. I believe all players are now listed with their height in shoes.

• Like 2

Nice move, i believe he is at least as good as Pittman, an have lot more upside Posted Image

The stats he produced in spain, and easy to achieve the ACB is a quit strong league.(the NBA is way more talented and have soe different rules - but i think the ACB is the second best league in the world judging by talent if you don't count the euroleague as a league)

And i believe playing an Talent, is the best you can do with all those injurys.

Someone still needs to be cut since we signed Pittman (just to a 10 day).

This is really surprising to me. Given how little is left of Moose's rookie season, I hope that we sign him to at least a 4 year deal with team options. I'd hate to see him blossom and be an UFA in two years because we burned his first season for 6 weeks of play in a year where we have no meaningful playoff aspirations and we signed him to a short term deal on top of that.

I hope he is signed to a 4 year deal as well with team options. I guess Ferry is getting an early jump on Moose's development in Bud's system for next season. And we do need bodies.

It makes me wonder if Pero and Ayón will be out longer that initially anticipated.

I've seen the some of his stats posted throughout the season. My questions are:

1. Can he rebound

2. Does he have stone hands or no.

3. How athletic is he

4. Does he have NAY kind of post moves

5.Can he and will he run the floor

6. What current NBA player is he similar too - what's his ceiling

For those who have watched him play - thoughts please. Thanks.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

So quick question: Another team could have bought him out and brought him over? We didn't retain his rights?

No, we own Muscala's rights since we gave him a required tender over the Summer. Another team in a different league could have bought out Muscala, but only one NBA team could have.

No, we own Muscala's rights since we gave him a required tender over the Summer. Another team in a different league could have bought out Muscala, but only one NBA team could have.

Great, it wasn't clear from the P'Hoops article. Good to see another of the draft picks over this year. Should have kept him over Goose. If we bring over Lucas, re-up Pero and Muscala, do you all still think we are under sized as a team? I think in that scenario Horf plays only token minutes at center next year.

Edited by sultanofatl

• Premium Member

I hope he continues to grow and does well. But we need to realize that the Spanish league ain't the NBA. He's going to have an adjustment period and he's going to struggle. However, seeing him, Dennis and Mack take some hits while developing and gaining valuable experience is more important to me than pushing hard for a certain first round playoff exit.

This is ironic coming from an admin!

Well when there's a rogue forum member who's been here a relatively short time and is telling people to stop posting certain things in multiple threads then something has to be said. It's my job and AHFs job to worry about that stuff, not you guys.

Well when there's a rogue forum member who's been here a relatively short time and is telling people to stop posting certain things in multiple threads then something has to be said. It's my job and AHFs job to worry about that stuff, not you guys.

True story, but you two should worry more about the d-bags that just post pictures all day. I mean, f'really.

Oh cool.

Ebert was I reading the article correctly, the Hawks were trying to strong arm Obradoiro again?

They just say that NBA teams has too many power and that they can do whatever they want because everyone wants to play there. They say that it should stop, but they don't say that with our money they will be able to pay a few players for the whole season (just read that they will receive +200.000€, so they can pay maybe 2-3 players). Just a stupid article, that's not serious journalism, if there are a few clauses in their contract, we can use them.

Edited by Ebert
  • Like 2

They just say that NBA teams has too many power and that they can do whatever they want because everyone wants to play there. They say that it should stop, but they don't say that with our money they will be able to pay their whole roster for half a season (or something similar, I don't know how much we will have to pay for Mike). Just a stupid article, that's not serious journalism, if there are a few clauses in their contract, we can use them.

Ah great, thanks for that. I wasn't entirely sure how to read it as it made it seem like the Hawks were trying negotiation tactics similar to the Schröder buyout. It does not sound like this is the case though, more that Mike really wanted to go and that left the Spanish Team with few options.

FWIW I saw 300,000 euro in a few places:

That would be somewhere around $415k for the Hawks.