• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Atlanta Hawks want to bring Muscala over

GrimeyKidd

They just say that NBA teams has too many power and that they can do whatever they want because everyone wants to play there. They say that it should stop, but they don't say that with our money they will be able to pay a few players for the whole season (just read that they will receive +200.000, so they can pay maybe 2-3 players). Just a stupid article, that's not serious journalism, if there are a few clauses in their contract, we can use them.

Thanks for the information. If the clause is written such that he can leave at ANYTIME and pay the buyout then that's what it is.

Ah great, thanks for that. I wasn't entirely sure how to read it as it made it seem like the Hawks were trying negotiation tactics similar to the Schröder buyout. It does not sound like this is the case though, more that Mike really wanted to go and that left the Spanish Team with few options. FWIW I saw 300,000 euro in a few places:

That would be somewhere around $415k for the Hawks.
Is it $500k max that the Hawks can pay towards a buyout?

Ah great, thanks for that. I wasn't entirely sure how to read it as it made it seem like the Hawks were trying negotiation tactics similar to the Schröder buyout. It does not sound like this is the case though, more that Mike really wanted to go and that left the Spanish Team with few options.

FWIW I saw 300,000 euro in a few places:

That would be somewhere around $415k for the Hawks.

I have just read a few times Obradoiro fans talking that it's 300,000$ (something like 220,000€). Those twitters might be wrong

• Like 1

Is it $500k max that the Hawks can pay towards a buyout?

The buyout that can be excluded from the Cap is up to $575k. The Hawks could still contribute more in the form a signing bonus, but that was not needed so no reason for me to explain that.

I have just read a few times Obradoiro fans talking that it's 300,000$ (something like 220,000€). Those twitters might be wrong

You are more likely right than I am. Good to know.

• Premium Member

Anybody else curious why they didn't bring Bebe over instead? It may have to do with $, but would like to know.

Two reasons that come to mind are the fact that Muscala was a second round pick that isn't required to sign a guaranteed deal. And, his game was much more refined and further along than BeBe right now.
  • Like 1

Two reasons that come to mind are the fact that Muscala was a second round pick that isn't required to sign a guaranteed deal. And, his game was much more refined and further along than BeBe right now.

I believe we made him sign an agreement saying he would not play for us this season, allowing us to hold off on giving him a contract until next year.

Thanks, I had not been following the BeBe situation that closely and this clears it up for me. You rock.