• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Anyone besides me just wonder 24/7 about Ferrys direction?

JTB

On the outside looking in, this is what's going on:1. Ferry didn't trade Teague who's having a horrible year, which shows faith in Teague in my opinion.2. Despite Teagues down year and his backups out playing him, coach bud continues to start him rather than trying to develop Mack or Dennis.....again this shows faith in Teague from ferry and now coach bud as well.3. Ferry and coach bud are actually still trying to actually compete rather than tanking at this point!.....so that brings us to these questions for ferry.1. Why did you draft Dennis? Cause right now is the perfect time to train him since the season has went to hell....is he really our future pg?2. How much do you really value Teague?....it looks like a lot because he's still starting even after all these bad performances....huh, better question where's your faith in Dennis?3. Why aren't you trying to tank at this point? You had massive cap space last off season and failed....not to say that's your fault but haven't you recognized the trend? Superstars don't come to ATL.So let's get this straight...you HAVE to know free agency and ATL don't have any good luck so tanking is the next best option but you still choose to compete and make the playoffs and miss out on supposively one of the best drafts in years?!Lol voice your concern hawksquawk because theres not one positive thing going on for us right now!-were not tanking-we can't pickup top talent free agents money or no money -we aren't even trying to develop our young talent for the future and the season has went downhill!How the hell can you even be a motivated hawks fan at this point?!!! I know ferrys a smart man but dammit he need to be able to predict the future with the way he's handling things! Can we atleast start our young guys?!

• Like 1

• Premium Member

On the outside looking in, this is what's going on:

1. Ferry didn't trade Teague who's having a horrible year, which shows faith in Teague in my opinion.

2. Despite Teagues down year and his backups out playing him, coach bud continues to start him rather than trying to develop Mack or Dennis.....again this shows faith in Teague from ferry and now coach bud as well.

3. Ferry and coach bud are actually still trying to actually compete rather than tanking at this point!

.....so that brings us to these questions for ferry.

1. Why did you draft Dennis? Cause right now is the perfect time to train him since the season has went to hell....is he really our future pg?

2. How much do you really value Teague?....it looks like a lot because he's still starting even after all these bad performances....huh, better question where's your faith in Dennis?

3. Why aren't you trying to tank at this point? You had massive cap space last off season and failed....not to say that's your fault but haven't you recognized the trend? Superstars don't come to ATL.

So let's get this straight...you HAVE to know free agency and ATL don't have any good luck so tanking is the next best option but you still choose to compete and make the playoffs and miss out on supposively one of the best drafts in years?!

Lol voice your concern hawksquawk because theres not one positive thing going on for us right now!

-were not tanking

-we can't pickup top talent free agents money or no money

-we aren't even trying to develop our young talent for the future and the season has went downhill!

How the hell can you even be a motivated hawks fan at this point?!!! I know ferrys a smart man but dammit he need to be able to predict the future with the way he's handling things! Can we atleast start our young guys?!

3. Ferry and coach bud are actually still trying to actually compete rather than tanking at this point!

3. Ferry apparently isnt trying to win JTB, he could have used the 5.25M exception on bringing in a much needed center in Chris Kaman 3.1M expiring. Folks if you cant see the writing on the wall your blind.

What would be the only reason not to bring in Kaman on an expiring for the year if you are trying to win????

Edited by Vol4ever

• Premium Member

3. Ferry apparently isnt trying to win JTB, he could have used the 5.25M exception on bringing in a much needed center in Chris Kaman 3.1M expiring. Folks if you cant see the writing on the wall your blind.

What would be the only reason not to bring in Kaman on an expiring for the year if you are trying to win????

That right there. I still don't understand why the Lakers wouldn't make that deal just to save luxury tax and at the same time it helps the Hawks.

• Premium Member

That right there. I still don't understand why the Lakers wouldn't make that deal just to save luxury tax and at the same time it helps the Hawks.

Weren't they also asking for a pick in any Kaman deal? It seems like the Lakers aren't interested in anything but lop-sided deals in their favor.
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Weren't they also asking for a pick in any Kaman deal? It seems like the Lakers aren't interested in anything but lop-sided deals in their favor.

But if no one is going to give you a pick...why not save yourself millions in luxury tax on a lost season? It just literally makes no sense whatsoever to me from either side that a deal wasn't reached.

If you understand the concept of "Rome was not built in a day" then you can understand what Ferry is doing!

That's fair but Rome was also planned out I'm sure!....why aren't we starting our young guys that have high potential which really is only 2 in Dennis and Scott?I guess Rome kept pondering for months and months before they actually made a move....or years.......at this point nobody's asking for ferry to pull something out his ass. I'm asking him to at the least develop our future players since the season has went to hell! Or is Dennis and Scott not the future?...it's confusing. Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

You can't tell me as a hawks fan that you know where this franchise is headed!-we aren't developing our future high potential players that are already on the team-we NEVER get top tier talent on free agency-we aren't tanking to get a better draft pick!What the hell are we doing?....

• Like 1

You can't tell me as a hawks fan that you know where this franchise is headed!-we aren't developing our future high potential players that are already on the team-we NEVER get top tier talent on free agency-we aren't tanking to get a better draft pick!What the hell are we doing?....

How do you know this?

These are the same sentiments, the same writing on the wall so to speak, that we were all already kicking around last summer.This team, as constructed, wasn't going to win anything of substance.Free agents who actually matter don't really have many reasons to choose ATL. The only thing the Hawks really have to offer is opportunity (lots of teams can make the money work). That gets you a guy like Sap, who wasn't starting and now is, or the original Joe Johnson. Those types of guys are great as a third or fourth option, but in isolation they aren't going to change the statistical possibilities of a special season.What does that leave? The draft. The CBA cab get pretty complicated, but none of the rest is exactly rocket science.Unless you're on the short list of teams that matter (because they already have a special talent), you aren't getting (another) special talent in FA.The rest of the teams have to draft and develop those guys.Hawks had their shot during the BK days and blew it.Then again, look around the league: they have LOTS of company.Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Edited by ATLBob
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

In most, if not all, of Ferry's interviews following the JJ and Marvin trade, he repeatedly mentioned his plan was to be "opportunistic" with the new flexibility. I don't think there are any specifics beyond that. He's waiting on a situation to arise that he can take advantage of somehow while staying competitive. I don't agree with it, but that's what he and the ASG are doing.

Edited by Jody23
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Mike and Shelvin have both been getting plenty of minutes and will continue to get plenty of minutes.Historically, the top free agents haven't signed here. Ferry can't change that.As AHF has pointed out in several threads, deciding to tank at this point in the season will (maybe) improve our draft slot by 2-4 picks. There is definitely a cost associated with tanking. Do we want to pay that cost to potentially move up a few slots in the draft?

Edited by supermariowest
  • Like 1

Mike and Shelvin have both been getting plenty of minutes and will continue to get plenty of minutes.Historically, the top free agents haven't signed here. Ferry can't change that.As AHF has pointed out in several threads, deciding to tank at this point in the season will (maybe) improve our draft slot by 2-4 picks. There is definitely a cost associated with tanking. Do we want to pay that cost to potentially move up a few slots in the draft?

That's true....what about Dennis though? I thought he was our future pg if Teague didn't pan out. And to answer your question "YES"...I don't like tanking but it needs to be done.By the way Scott deserves more of a starter role now with the way he's been playing and the wau the season is going now.

• Premium Member

In most, if not all, of Ferry's interviews following the JJ and Marvin trade, he repeatedly mentioned his plan was to be "opportunistic" with the new flexibility. I don't think there are any specifics beyond that. He's waiting on a situation to arise that he can take advantage of somehow while staying competitive. I don't agree with it, but that's what he and the ASG are doing.

Reckon this will happen in the next 5 to 10 years?

• Premium Member

That's true....what about Dennis though? I thought he was our future pg if Teague didn't pan out. And to answer your question "YES"...I don't like tanking but it needs to be done.By the way Scott deserves more of a starter role now with the way he's been playing and the wau the season is going now.

Parts of the Dennis situation confuse me. When he's in the game, he's almost always playing off the ball. When he's running the point, he makes some terrible turnovers but he also makes some pretty passes and layups. I just don't think he's ready and I don't think any good can come out of benching Teague. I wouldn't mind seeing Scott get some starts, but I'm cool with him coming off the bench. As long as he is getting meaningful minutes, I'll have no complaints.
  • Like 1

I understand Ferry's direction better than I understand the OP seeming to base everything off of Teague, Dennis, and Mack.

Ferry does not have a concrete direction his supporters are simply trying to create something that is not there.

Teague is not being outplayed by Mack and Mack can not impact, control, or dominate a game like Teague can. Right now Dennis can not either and does not deserve to play over either Teague nor Mack.

You are not hurting Dennis stock by leaving him on the bench anymore than you hurt Teague's by leaving him on the bench. Are you slowing his development? That is something that can be debated. They tell you all your life if you are good enough you will be found. I think that goes for the NBA as well.

• Like 1

It's no secret that Ferry is no fan of Teague's contract. But Jeff is an above average point guard at this point in his career. He has to stay and he has to play. With that said and out of the way.I'm sorry, but in my opinion, Dennis will never be a starter in this league. I just don't see the potential that some do. I hope I'm wrong. But it would be a big risk, to dump Teague, and pray for Dennis superstardom. Ferry is going about the PG situation right in my opinion.

• Like 1