• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is DeMarre a keeper for next year?

benhillboy

At 2.5 million - of course.I knew he would be good defensively and as an energy guy that would hit the occasional shot.Never expected an offensive explosion. And he has definitely gotten better at putting the ball on the floor and driving to the basket - it's not always pretty but he has steadily improved over the course if the season. With the season as it stands - I am now more focused on seeing the continued improvement/development of the team. It can only help us further next season.

I'd like to keep him, but I would prefer him in our second unit. I don't know where it would come from or who it would be, but that's why I'm not GM. We need a NBA starting SF, and we haven't had one forever.

• Premium Member

Without a doubt. DeMarre has become one of my favorite players on the squad. It's hard to dislike a player that brings the amount of energy that he does every night.

I really didn't know what to expect when we signed him. I thought we were getting a guy that was going to play a role similar to what Mo Evans gave us his first two seasons, with a lot more defense. He's turned out to be much more than that. His offensive game has really been one of the bigger surprises of the season. I'd even consider keeping him as a starter if we upgraded the SG position. Whatever it is though, starter or reserve, he definitely has a place on this team.

I'd like to keep him, but I would prefer him in our second unit. I don't know where it would come from or who it would be, but that's why I'm not GM. We need a NBA starting SF, and we haven't had one forever.

Smh.. I don't understand the logic. Please explain.Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Yes sir. Great attitude, great defense, hard worker, great contract. He should definitely be coming back. Love these throwback old school type players like him who put team success ahead if their own success.

• Premium Member

I think the focus should be on upgrading the SG and his backup so that we can have strong defense and hustle on the wing for 48 minutes every night.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smh.. I don't understand the logic. Please explain.Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

He averages 10 points a game and 5 rebounds and 1 assist. Sure he's a good defender, but I think it's a little overrated. Those are bench numbers to me. He should get 25 minutes a game coming off the bench. I don't think he should be getting starting minutes, if we want to get where we all want to get.

I'm not talking about the Melo's and Paul George's of the world.... but look at the second tier SF's. Hayward, parsons, Young, Batum, Gay....It's not out of the realm for Atlanta to get someone of that caliber.

I like Demarre, for his age and money, of course...I just didn't think he's a starter in the league. Not for someone that wants to win a championship. Unless you have LB or KD running beside him.

He averages 10 points a game and 5 rebounds and 1 assist. Sure he's a good defender, but I think it's a little overrated. Those are bench numbers to me. He should get 25 minutes a game coming off the bench. I don't think he should be getting starting minutes, if we want to get where we all want to get. I'm not talking about the Melo's and Paul George's of the world.... but look at the second tier SF's. Hayward, parsons, Young, Batum, Gay....It's not out of the realm for Atlanta to get someone of that caliber. I like Demarre, for his age and money, of course...I just didn't think he's a starter in the league. Not for someone that wants to win a championship. Unless you have LB or KD running beside him.

Okay. Did you see what he did to Carmelo? And his stats 10.9pts 5.5rebs 1.8ast are solid do to the fact that hes missed games and doesn't have plays drawn up for him. Carroll just played two games at the power forward position and kept the Hawks in the game.. I respectfully disagree with your point.Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Sorry but without a doubt, DC has been, BY FAR, the best move Ferry has made. Better than his defense, better than his intensity, DC worked with the coaching staff to improve his offensive game. The guy made bigger strides in 6 months then most NBA players make in 5 years. Commitment to self improvement is the sign of a champion. I think the guy opened up eyes around the league this year.

• Like 1