• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Peachtreehoops nails it on why Jeff Teague has struggled.

coachx

Easy stuff just take a screenshot from Vorped.com and then attach it. Chrome also has a great extension called "Awesome Screenshot" that makes it easy. Some people aren't going to like Vorped though, judging by it's description.

Vorped helps you learn more about the game of basketball

I recommend Puush for all your screenshot needs.

I recommend Puush for all your screenshot needs.

Like like a stripped down version of SnagIt. Not bad but still something you'd have to install in your machine. Awesome Screenshot is a nice Chrome extension that offers the same functionality but for Chrome only. Nice if you don't want to install anything. I run the full SnagIt suite on my PCs and it's nice.

• Premium Member

Keeping it short..Teague COULD be a really good PG if he could develop some consistency. What is holding him back? I think it's all mental, it's his confidence.Winning isn't going to make him confident, he's been on winning teams his entire career. I think the best thing that can come out of this late season tank (minus a good draft pick) is making Teague confident. Let the guy be our #1 option and see what happens. I'm not saying he isn't great because he never had his opportunity to shine. I think it's silly that we have to baby him so much. But maybe these last couple months could be good for him?

Keeping it short..Teague COULD be a really good PG if he could develop some consistency. What is holding him back? I think it's all mental, it's his confidence.Winning isn't going to make him confident, he's been on winning teams his entire career. I think the best thing that can come out of this late season tank (minus a good draft pick) is making Teague confident. Let the guy be our #1 option and see what happens. I'm not saying he isn't great because he never had his opportunity to shine. I think it's silly that we have to baby him so much. But maybe these last couple months could be good for him?

If he's not the #1 option now, I don't know who is. He's been given the opportunity to step up, especially with all these injuries, but has done nothing with it. He is no longer restricted like he was in the beginning of his career: he's free to make his 3.1 turnovers per game without worrying about being yanked out (sort of like what Schröder's dealing with now).I know there's a lot of factors that go into his performance this season, but at the end of the day he's the one who's holding himself back, not the coach.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I see alot of similarities in the Teague situation as was in the Marvin situation. People saying that it's his mentality that's holding him back when in reality, he's simply not as talented as they want him to be.

• Premium Member

If he's not the #1 option now, I don't know who is. He's been given the opportunity to step up, especially with all these injuries, but has done nothing with it. He is no longer restricted like he was in the beginning of his career: he's free to make his 3.1 turnovers per game without worrying about being yanked out (sort of like what Schröder's dealing with now).I know there's a lot of factors that go into his performance this season, but at the end of the day he's the one who's holding himself back, not the coach.

Millsap is the number one option when he's playing. Teague will always defer to him.Teague hasn't done much when you look at the last couple of months, but he's played well the last week or so (no Sap). His performance this season has been all over the place.If we are really tanking, Millsap should continue to 'rest' and Teague will be our primary option. This is his time...Again, I'm just saying this could be a perfect storm for him. We will see what he does with it.

I see alot of similarities in the Teague situation as was in the Marvin situation. People saying that it's his mentality that's holding him back when in reality, he's simply not as talented as they want him to be.

I would have to disagree. I became a Hawks fan in the 2004-2005 season, although I wasn't half the fan I am now. But to this day, I have never seen anything from Marvin to warrant him being selected where he was. If anyone is willing, could they please share with me what desirable qualities warranted him being select 2nd overall or what was it that derailed his career. Teague on the other hand has shown me he has the ability to be one of the best PGs in the league, but for whatever reason he chooses not to.

Millsap is the number one option when he's playing. Teague will always defer to him.Teague hasn't done much when you look at the last couple of months, but he's played well the last week or so (no Sap). His performance this season has been all over the place.If we are really tanking, Millsap should continue to 'rest' and Teague will be our primary option. This is his time...Again, I'm just saying this could be a perfect storm for him. We will see what he does with it.

I hope your right and he can use the rest of the season to build his confidence, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I hope your right and he can use the rest of the season to build his confidence, but I'm not holding my breath.

Neither am I..only time will tell. If it isn't now it's not going to happen for him as a Hawk.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I would have to disagree. I became a Hawks fan in the 2004-2005 season, although I wasn't half the fan I am now. But to this day, I have never seen anything from Marvin to warrant him being selected where he was. If anyone is willing, could they please share with me what desirable qualities warranted him being select 2nd overall or what was it that derailed his career. Teague on the other hand has shown me he has the ability to be one of the best PGs in the league, but for whatever reason he chooses not to.I hope your right and he can use the rest of the season to build his confidence, but I'm not holding my breath.

The similarity has nothing to do with where Marvin was drafted. It has to do with the Hawks and many Hawks fans wanting a guy to be something he's not sooo badly.

The similarity has nothing to do with where Marvin was drafted. It has to do with the Hawks and many Hawks fans wanting a guy to be something he's not sooo badly.

Still, Teague is capable of great games from time to time. I don't think fans are wishing for much when they want Teague to become more consistent (if anything it should be an expectation, whether or not it actually happens).As far as I'm concerned with Marvin, he never looked like anything close to being great, apart from his one 30 point outburst I remember (that's why I asked if anyone could tell what his ceiling was when he was drafted).

• Premium Member

Still, Teague is capable of great games from time to time. I don't think fans are wishing for much when they want Teague to become more consistent (if anything it should be an expectation, whether or not it actually happens).As far as I'm concerned with Marvin, he never looked like anything close to being great, apart from his one 30 point outburst I remember (that's why I asked if anyone could tell what his ceiling was when he was drafted).

The same things you're saying now were the same things said of Marvin. Truth is many players have games and even stretches of games where they play and perform above their actual talent level. It happens. But, the overall picture is what tells the story. People say "why can't he be consistent? Why can't he play that way all the time?" "It must be his mentality". Sometimes the answer is the player simply can't. Nothing against Marvin or Jeff. Just the way it is.

The same things you're saying now were the same things said of Marvin. Truth is many players have games and even stretches of games where they play and perform above their actual talent level. It happens. But, the overall picture is what tells the story. People say "why can't he be consistent? Why can't he play that way all the time?" "It must be his mentality". Sometimes the answer is the player simply can't. Nothing against Marvin or Jeff. Just the way it is.

You're right that my thoughts about Marvin and Jeff aren't necessarily shared by others, but honestly, how many games has Marvin had where we wished he could do that every time.Just looked it up. Seems like 2009 was a promising year for him. He had quite a few 25+ point games that year.

Big difference in the situations. Not once that I can recall did Marvin ever look like the best SF in the East for more than 1 game, because he just wasn't that talented. Teague on the other hand is that talented and he's played entires month(s) where he's looked like a star. That's the problem here is we've seen he can be that guy, whereas Marvin just wasn't capable of it and only his lofty draft position kept his expectations so high.
  • Like 2

Big difference in the situations. Not once that I can recall did Marvin ever look like the best SF in the East for more than 1 game, because he just wasn't that talented. Teague on the other hand is that talented and he's played entires month(s) where he's looked like a star. That's the problem here is we've seen he can be that guy, whereas Marvin just wasn't capable of it and only his lofty draft position kept his expectations so high.

This is exactly what I was trying to say. Jeff has the ability to to great, Marvin doesn't.
  • Like 2

I don't think Teague's problem has anything to do with toughness or not being ghetto enough. I think Teague's problem is he is fundamentally unsound. Someone that has been playing this long, raised around the sport should be so good fundamentally that there will be no such droughts as Teague has.

Im going to be unprofessional here. Hop off Teagues d*** this debate has opinions no ones ever going to be totally right

Here's something to think about: if you don't like this conversation, don't participate. No one was being aggressive so why do you feel the need to leave your comment here?

I feel as if were going on a range of topics without noticing teagues improvement or.either changed attitude towards the game. Teague was never a jump shooter. He was a drive to the basket floater guy. Now hes a sometimes game changer. He changed in.our time of need