• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Peachtreehoops nails it on why Jeff Teague has struggled.

coachx

If you tell us to get off Teague's d***, then I think it's fair to assume you have an issue with the conversation taking place. If you didn't, you would have just participated yourself.

Well im truly sorry to have offended u. What meant by saying that is. Why are we talking about how hes struggled instead of praising him and emphasising how he can improve on what hes shown this season

I feel as if were going on a range of topics without noticing teagues improvement or.either changed attitude towards the game. Teague was never a jump shooter. He was a drive to the basket floater guy. Now hes a sometimes game changer. He changed in.our time of need

Yes his game has changed, but in order for him to bring it together, he needs consistency. Why can't he always be a game changer?

Yes his game has changed, but in order for him to bring it together, he needs consistency. Why can't he always be a game changer?

I dnt think any coach can change teagues mindset. He has to want it, an coach knows what hes capable of, its like hes afriad or somethin
  • Like 1

I dnt think any coach can change teagues mindset. He has to want it, an coach knows what hes capable of, its like hes afriad or somethin

I definitely agree with that, and that's why I find it difficult to watch him sometimes. It's frustrating to watch a player who has the ability to be great, but seemingly chooses not to. At least with other players you have an idea about what's holding them back (such as Smith with his affinity for jump shots). With Teague though, it's like he doesn't even recognize the ability he possesses.

I definitely agree with that, and that's why I find it difficult to watch him sometimes. It's frustrating to watch a player who has the ability to be great, but seemingly chooses not to. At least with other players you have an idea about what's holding them back (such as Smith with his affinity for jump shots). With Teague though, it's like he doesn't even recognize the ability he possesses.

I think ferry realizes that and by drafting a pg was suppose to scare him a bit so he would amp of his level of play. Even though Schröder has to potential to better. Creating a do a better or well get better situation
  • Like 2

I'm happy for Teague - my question has always been can we get THIS Teague more often than not.Even if he's missing shots can he stay aggressive and not have his confidence wane at the drop of a hat? stay engaged?

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

No one has ever said Teague sucks,we know he can perform at a high level any night its just he is so inconsistent we never know which Teague is gonna show up.

Dont get it twisted thats my man.

Maybe you haven't read the thread properly and by the way, the word poor=sucks

Fair enough. I guess we can point to how he's among the worst of his PG contemporaries in FG%, 3PT%, eFG%, TS%, Turnover %, PER, and on and on. Look how he compares with other PGs between 20 and 29 years old who average 5 apg or more. Sort on any number of categories and you'll see how poor he is.

The problem is that he's playing well below what is considered average and he's only had that 1 good season. I wouldn't say he's ever flashed star potential, just the potential to be a quality starting PG, not even a really good one. He flashed for 1 month this year, in December with a +4.9 +/- and then turned right around and went -5.0 in January

He's not a great anything. He's a major liability on offense with his putrid shooting and he's an adequate defender at best who doesn't change the game on either end. We'd be far better off with a PG who can knock down the 3, make easy passes and defends well.

Edited by Peoriabird

Maybe you haven't read the thread properly and by the way, the word poor=sucks

Fair enough. I guess we can point to how he's among the worst of his PG contemporaries in FG%, 3PT%, eFG%, TS%, Turnover %, PER, and on and on. Look how he compares with other PGs between 20 and 29 years old who average 5 apg or more. Sort on any number of categories and you'll see how poor he is.

The problem is that he's playing well below what is considered average and he's only had that 1 good season. I wouldn't say he's ever flashed star potential, just the potential to be a quality starting PG, not even a really good one. He flashed for 1 month this year, in December with a +4.9 +/- and then turned right around and went -5.0 in January

He's not a great anything. He's a major liability on offense with his putrid shooting and he's an adequate defender at best who doesn't change the game on either end. We'd be far better off with a PG who can knock down the 3, make easy passes and defends well.

This doesn't surprise me coming from you but at least be a man and quote me if you're going to quote me instead of trying to call me out like this. And sorry don't go trying to put words in my mouth either as I NEVER said he sucks, I said he's below average to average in some areas. So starting this BS post off with that and then quoting me in 3 paragraphs is a major fail on your part. Again, not surprising.

Guess what, we lost last night because he allowed Dragic to do whatever he wanted. Yeah good for Teague he's having a good stretch offensively right now but it won't last because as we've all seen he's inconsistent.

• Moderators

What kind of defensive gameplan is it to sag off and give a player 29 points? Is this the new Jordan Rules? Teague rules? LOL!

I think he was saying that Teague overcame the limitations of his shooting range for a good game against Phoenix but that he can't keep that up consistently. I would love it if Teague could do that consistently.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I think he was saying that Teague overcame the limitations of his shooting range for a good game against Phoenix but that he can't keep that up consistently. I would love it if Teague could do that consistently.

Since the deadline, Teague is averaging 27 while shooting 57.7% from the field and 50% from three. Maybe loss of Sap and healing from Injuries has cleared his mind?

Or maybe he's just over his injuries and playing better.... who knows.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Since the deadline, Teague is averaging 27 while shooting 57.7% from the field and 50% from three. Maybe loss of Sap and healing from Injuries has cleared his mind?

Or maybe he's just over his injuries and playing better.... who knows.

2/22 and forward has been great. 1/01 - 2/21 was pretty terrible. Hopefully, he doesn't take his foot off the gas pedal.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Guess what, we lost last night because he allowed Dragic to do whatever he wanted. Yeah good for Teague he's having a good stretch offensively right now but it won't last because as we've all seen he's inconsistent.

This is what puzzles me about so called fans of the Atlanta Hawks. It seem as though some develop so much animosity toward certain player that the player's poor performances become some what of a self fulfilling prophecy. Which in turn results in an actual fan rooting against a particular Hawk player!

• Like 2

• Moderators

This is what puzzles me about so called fans of the Atlanta Hawks. It seem as though some develop so much animosity toward certain player that the player's poor performances become some what of a self fulfilling prophecy. Which in turn results in an actual fan rooting against a particular Hawk player!

He will change minds if he actually sustains the play. Early this year he has the vast majority of the site drinking the kool-aid and then his play dropped off for such a long period that now it seems like a majority have soured on him. If he sustains the great play, he will win those people back. If he drops off again, people will feel like it was inevitable.

• Like 1