• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Pittman released - Presumably to make room for the Monstar Mike Muscala

Admin

Muscular? Sounds like you're hoping he's got something for you. Posted Image

Lmmfao ...it's not my fault. It comes from watching all those world's strong man competitions growing up. Damn you Franco Columbu!!! :-)

The Atlanta Hawks have signed forward/center Mike Muscala to a contract, it was announced today by President of Basketball Operations/General Manager Danny Ferry. Prior to signing with the Hawks, Muscala had played the 2013-14 season with Blusens Monbus Obradoiro of the ACB League in Spain. The 6-foot-11, 230-pounder had averages of 14.6 points (seventh in the ACB) on .546 shooting, a league-leading 7.8 rebounds and 1.1 assists in 26.3 minutes per game through 20 games. He shot .871 from the free throw line and ranked sixth in the league (17.0) in Performance Index Rating, a Euroleague basketball statistic similar to the NBA’s PER. NBA.com

“We are really excited that Mike was available to join our team. We’ve closely monitored Mike and his progress throughout the ACB season. Coach Fernandez and his Obradoiro CAB club did an excellent job with his continued development,” Ferry said. “Due to our current injuries, Mike’s representatives presented the concept of Mike joining us for the remainder of the season. With our roster situation and his strong play, we felt now was a good time to add Mike to our program,” Ferry said. NBA.com

That's interesting that it was his representative who approached Ferry. Wonder how long the contract is for?

I think Americans sometimes underestimate how the top Euro leagues have grown in their proffesionalism, all while the NBA game became a bit more Euro with the changes in rules and the line-ups that changed accordingly. Euro players have it allot easier to fit in, and it shows in 9 French men alone in the NBA. Specially Spain is a good league if not the best.

Unless he's night and day different player than the summer league we'll be lucky to get 4-6 points and 5 rebounds or so off the bench from him. He's not terribly athletic or quick and he won't block shots or defend all that well. He can space the floor a bit with his shot though. I am excited to see him but he's firmly 10-12th on the roster bench guy than anything.

EB starts!We have to wait until Sunday to see him play, damn!At least he gets some practice time in.I will reserve judgement on wether he can become a signifant role player or is just a 10-12th man.