Could we make room for Ivan?

Camouflage

I want the young guys to get as much playing time as possible and I want them to lose games that they fought hard in. I know that sounds bad but I want us to get the best possible player we can to add to this team as we'll have some money and good players to for next years team and we can be right back in the thick of the playoff hunt.

I understand your mindset, and I get your reasoning, I guess I'm just too old to think about the future even though your point is valid...For me, when I watch the Hawks, I wanna win. If we get swept by Miami or Indiana, so be it.... 4 more games to watch.

I understand your mindset, and I get your reasoning, I guess I'm just too old to think about the future even though your point is valid...For me, when I watch the Hawks, I wanna win. If we get swept by Miami or Indiana, so be it.... 4 more games to watch.

I don't know how old you are but trust me I've been a fan since 86 and I'm ready to see us win something as well! I just don't see it unless we get really lucky in the lottery and land a franchise changing talent. Only way to get lucky in the lottery is to be in the lottery. And I can't stomach those playoff blowouts. I know it's awesome to see us in playoff games that feel like we might have a shot to win but seeing us lose in them hurts a lot.

• Moderators

I'm pretty much always anti-tank but at this point we're just a shell of our actual team. If i thought we had a remote chance at an upset it would be different but with all our players missing and having 9 road wins the entire season i'd rather have the draft pick chance and not risk the punishment on guys like Millsap, Antić, Korver. I'm good either way but we could definitely use another young rotation player even if we don't get a star. I don't want another pick that doesn't make the team.

I'm not arguing with you Dolf, my guess is we're prolly close in age...lol. What you're saying makes sense...I just hate seeing us lose and it frustrates me.

Edited by buckeye242424

I'm not arguing with you Dolf, my guess is we're prolly close in age...lol. What you're saying makes sense...I just hate seeing us lose and it frustrates me.

I don't like losing either I promise you that. I just want to see us have a shot at adding a lottery talent to a team that when healthy was playing pretty well against the best teams.

• Moderators

I really don't consider this a tank. It is just a bad break on the injury front. If we keep losing I wonder if we will still somehow make the playoffs?

That seems very possible to me, especially if Millsap returns. We have 3.5 games to make up and that is certainly something that can be overcome but I don't put it past Det, Cle and NY to stink it up themselves (on purpose or not).

Posted ImageWe don't want Ivan to mess up our "chemistry."

I'm not big on tanking, but the best way to do it is when you have some talent and injuries are killing you. Then you pick a good player in the draft. maybe a good FA and you already have something work with, instead of needing make a long term project out of it.

Ivan should go somewhere like Detroit or maybe NY where they are a mess already, and show what he can do.

Every successful hockey team has a "goon" which is the police of the game in a way. Ivan was that guy for our team, he was a bruiser. Pero was supposed to be that guy this year, and hasn't used his weight to his advantage. Ivan is good at role in the game.Every successful hockey team has a "goon" which is the police of the game in a way. Ivan was that guy for our team, he was a bruiser. Pero was supposed to be that guy this year, and hasn't used his weight to his advantage. Ivan is good at role in the game.

• Moderators

Posted ImageWe don't want Ivan to mess up our "chemistry."

I'm not big on tanking, but the best way to do it is when you have some talent and injuries are killing you. Then you pick a good player in the draft. maybe a good FA and you already have something work with, instead of needing make a long term project out of it.

Ivan should go somewhere like Detroit or maybe NY where they are a mess already, and show what he can do.

Agree with this except to say that injuries killing you early in the season is the best scenario. The last 25% of the season hasn't gotten people into the Tim Duncan territory.