• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Teague has been a dominate force these last 4 games.

JTB

Teague is starting to aggravate me more than Josh Smith. When Smith was here I KNEW he couldn't become a better player due to his basketball logic but that isn't the same case for Teague.This recent aggressive play is very satisfying but it's also dissapointing because we needed this a lot earlier in the season. He obviously has the skills...maybe he's just now getting use to buds system..?Should we hold on to Teague if he continues to impress throughout the rest of the season?

Seeing the word dominate when it should be dominant aggravates me :)To the topic, we know who Teague is and isn't. A mediocre defender with the ability to be a major negative offensively on bad nights to a major plus on good nights.

• Like 1

I've noticed this is a really sensitive subject here at these forums. In my opinion, he is an average PG, with flashes of bust and flashes of superstar. It seems he can't distinct himself from the two, which is really frustration for us fans.

• Like 2

watching him dominate frustrates me because you never know what you are going to get from him. I thought we were done with having this roller coaster ride with our players. It frustrates me to the point where Idc if he sucks consistently or is dominate consistently I just want to know what kind of player I am getting from game to game.

teague's attitude just reeks of the joe johnson era hawks so much that I still want him gone.

• Like 1

• Admin

He has shown some real flashes of being a real stud pg but he has also shown the opposite as well.

I like Teague but at some point we need to make room for Dennis. With Mack's improvement I am okay with Trading Teague for a wing this offseason (Afflalo anyone?). Mack can step in and start until Dennis is ready for the role.

• Like 2

• Moderators

I don't see a need to get rid of Teague unless Ferry has rethought whether he is a long-term piece. For Teague to remove the question about that, he needs to demonstrate much more consistency (in a good way that leads to a better offensive end result than he will have this season). I don't think that Mack or Schröder have shown enough to think they should be starting on a playoff team. So part of this tracks with Ferry's goal - if the goal is to make the playoffs then there is no need to get rid of Teague but if the goal is to tank then dealing him for assets this offseason makes sense.

I don't think that he will garner anywhere near the assets to make resigning him and limping into the playoffs or limping into one of the worst 4 lottery picks remotely worth passing on a top lottery pick this year that would have come by starting Schröder all season and letting some of our free agents sign with other teams.

Teague should not be criticized for his last game but it is to be expected that people will feel a sense of frustration after a great game when he turns around and goes through a stretch like January 1, 2014 - February 21, 2014 where that ability seems to be buried deep underground.

I'd like to say to him: "Take the step forward, Teague. If you don't take your foot off the gas peddle, you will convert the doubters" No one thinks he isn't capable of these outstanding stretches. He needs to turn that into his career rather than brief stretches to make the leap.

Edited by AHF

• Moderators

It's just his personality. Some guys have the drive to succeed and to work everyday. Some guys are like a light switch - some days he's on, others he isn't. Some days he cares, others he just wants to chill at the crib. Coaches have been telling him for years to stay aggressive, to stay on the attack. He could be 20 & 10 PG if he had the drive and motivation of CP3. He could be the best PG in the EC. Fact is, he doesn't. It's the mental hurdle with Teague to want to stay aggressive. He isn't afraid or nervous or anything like that. It's just he has no desire to work for 82 games a season or to be the leader. I'm not saying he isn't competitive, just that he lacks desire. Teague would rather succeed as a team with guys ahead of him. To be the third option which worked before Horf got hurt.

Teague with drive & motivation = Kyrie Irving. Simple as that.

Seeing the word dominate when it should be dominant aggravates me :)

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The only positive I am taking from his recent play is that Jeff trade value should be going back up. I wouldn't be shock the recent trade talks might have a lit a fire in Jeffrey. Regardless let hope he keep this up so the Hawks can get something of value back for him this offseason. I do believe this is Jeffrey last year here with us.

I don't see a need to get rid of Teague unless Ferry has rethought whether he is a long-term piece. For Teague to remove the question about that, he needs to demonstrate much more consistency (in a good way that leads to a better offensive end result than he will have this season). I don't think that Mack or Schröder have shown enough to think they should be starting on a playoff team. So part of this tracks with Ferry's goal - if the goal is to make the playoffs then there is no need to get rid of Teague but if the goal is to tank then dealing him for assets this offseason makes sense.

I don't think that he will garner anywhere near the assets to make resigning him and limping into the playoffs or limping into one of the worst 4 lottery picks remotely worth passing on a top lottery pick this year that would have come by starting Schröder all season and letting some of our free agents sign with other teams.

Teague should not be criticized for his last game but it is to be expected that people will feel a sense of frustration after a great game when he turns around and goes through a stretch like January 1, 2014 - February 21, 2014 where that ability seems to be buried deep underground.

I'd like to say to him: "Take the step forward, Teague. If you don't take your foot off the gas peddle, you will convert the doubters" No one thinks he isn't capable of these outstanding stretches. He needs to turn that into his career rather than brief stretches to make the leap.

I disagree. Basketball is played on 2 ends of the court and as usual he let the opposing PG do whatever he wanted to do. Granted Dragic is no scrub but Teague only gave effort on 1 end of the court. Honestly I'd be MUCH happier if he were averaging 12-14 points on good shooting from at least half of the zones on the court, 7-8 assists and playing good defense than I am with these 20+ point games where he's scoring in the paint and nothing else. I mean hey that's great that he scored with his runner against a team with no shot blocking presence and a PG who's not a good defender either but he failed to stretch the defense as usual and he failed to stop the opposing PG as usual. To me there's a lot of room to look for improvement and those who can't see that he's still a negative in so many other areas are missing the point.

I disagree. Basketball is played on 2 ends of the court and as usual he let the opposing PG do whatever he wanted to do. Granted Dragic is no scrub but Teague only gave effort on 1 end of the court. Honestly I'd be MUCH happier if he were averaging 12-14 points on good shooting from at least half of the zones on the court, 7-8 assists and playing good defense than I am with these 20+ point games where he's scoring in the paint and nothing else. I mean hey that's great that he scored with his runner against a team with no shot blocking presence and a PG who's not a good defender either but he failed to stretch the defense as usual and he failed to stop the opposing PG as usual. To me there's a lot of room to look for improvement and those who can't see that he's still a negative in so many other areas are missing the point.

While all of that is true, I'm still happy to see one part of Teagues game start to pick back up! I mean there has been too many games this year where he hasn't given us anything on offense or defense....at the least or if he's going to stay around depending on how ferry feels, he can atleast be sure to put up points on the offense end with a good shooting percentage.

It's just his personality. Some guys have the drive to succeed and to work everyday. Some guys are like a light switch - some days he's on, others he isn't. Some days he cares, others he just wants to chill at the crib. Coaches have been telling him for years to stay aggressive, to stay on the attack. He could be 20 & 10 PG if he had the drive and motivation of CP3. He could be the best PG in the EC. Fact is, he doesn't. It's the mental hurdle with Teague to want to stay aggressive. He isn't afraid or nervous or anything like that. It's just he has no desire to work for 82 games a season or to be the leader. I'm not saying he isn't competitive, just that he lacks desire. Teague would rather succeed as a team with guys ahead of him. To be the third option which worked before Horf got hurt.

Teague with drive & motivation = Kyrie Irving. Simple as that.

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's hilarious! @JTB knows he's one of my favorites on here, just giving him a little grief about one of my annoyances.

• Like 1

While all of that is true, I'm still happy to see one part of Teagues game start to pick back up! I mean there has been too many games this year where he hasn't given us anything on offense or defense....at the least or if he's going to stay around depending on how ferry feels, he can atleast be sure to put up points on the offense end with a good shooting percentage.

You are right about this, I'd much rather see 1 part of his game be excellent as opposed to none of them being that way. I'd still gladly give up that bloated scoring in the paint for more balanced scoring at higher percentages and some good defense.

That's hilarious! @JTB knows he's one of my favorites on here, just giving him a little grief about one of my annoyances.

Lol.....expect more typos...no but seriously I try to use proper grammar on here best I can (didn't catch this one)...Sometimes when I'm posting from my phone I want to type "u" instead of "you" and I know how annoying that is for some of u! <---LMAOIf I'm not mistaking I think most of you hate when post have the following:"U" for "You""R" for "Are""2" for "to"And so on....
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Lol.....expect more typos...no but seriously I try to use proper grammar on here best I can (didn't catch this one)...Sometimes when I'm posting from my phone I want to type "u" instead of "you" and I know how annoying that is for some of u! <---LMAOIf I'm not mistaking I think most of you hate when post have the following:"U" for "You""R" for "Are""2" for "to"And so on....

You are not mistaking.

• Like 1