• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does the Melo way make sense?

jrok23

• Moderators

I think there is zero chance of Melo wanting to come here without another stud to pair with. He is going to look for a premium team with a lot of support, not a team that is sub-.500 with no superstars.

• Like 2

• Moderators

That said, I don't think he would be a good fit anyway. He needs to be the #2 guy on a team to have his best chance at success. He isn't well rounded enough to be the best player on a champion, IMO.

• Like 2

I think there is zero chance of Melo wanting to come here without another stud to pair with. He is going to look for a premium team with a lot of support, not a team that is sub-.500 with no superstars.

Then why is New York at the top of his list? Bada-Boom!

• Like 3

We don't have enough cap space to make a play for Melo. If we wanted Melo, we should've made a play for him at the trade deadline. The only way Melo comes here, is if him and Wifey wants to come here . . at a discounted rate.

Contracts can be moved to create the necessary cap space but it would still require him to take a pay cut.Melo is making $21 million this season - trading for him would have required us to gut the team putting him and us in the same situation he's in now. No sense at all in doing that when we see the results. Add to that his ability to opt out and become a free agent (see D12 leaving LA).If Melo is interested in money he will stay in NY, if he's interested in winning he will look elsewhere!! Edited by JayBirdHawk

I think Melo would fit in Atlanta. I think he would fit on any team. He's that talented. I don't think he'll ever end up in Atlanta though. He's gonna be 30. He's gonna end up in LA or stay in NY.

• Like 1

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

We need a scoring SF. Not sure if it is possible to hold on to Carroll but he would be great off the bench behind Melo.

And can you imagine a front court with Melo, Horf, Sap? It would be crazy good.

• Like 1

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

We need a scoring SF. Not sure if it is possible to hold on to Carroll but he would be great off the bench behind Melo.

And can you imagine a front court with Melo, Horf, Sap? It would be crazy good.

You know we would have to get rid of either Horf or Sap and more assets to land Melo right?

You know we would have to get rid of either Horf or Sap and more assets to land Melo right?

Are you sure about that - I thought we have approximately 9-10 mil in cap space next season (or am I wrong) Trade Lou at $5.4 mil and JJ $1.3 mil (for 2nd round picks so you don't take back salary). Plus whatever else.Don't know how cap holds and drafts picks affect these numbers though.

I think Ferry would be wise to stay away from the current crop of superstars and focus on younger talent.Not that I think any of them would actually come to ATL

• Moderators

Then why is New York at the top of his list? Bada-Boom!

Big city lights and top dollar. Plus he is doing the pre-free-agency dance which mandates that all near term free agents say their top choice is to stay with their current team. Players do that if it is true and do that if it isn't true in most cases so I don't take that statement as very telling.

As for the rim shot joke, you don't have to convince me about the suckiness of the Knicks. I am on board with that shot!

I'd take him in a heartbeat.We need a scoring SF. Not sure if it is possible to hold on to Carroll but he would be great off the bench behind Melo. And can you imagine a front court with Melo, Horf, Sap? It would be crazy good.

We would need to find Horford some carbon-fiber tiddys. I think Dr. Andrews can help with that lolSent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I would not call Melo over rated , but he certainly makes you wonder if he has been cursed by gypsies.Sorry dude just has bad luck oozing off him. Rather him stay far away from Atl

• Like 2

We would need to find Horford some carbon-fiber tiddys. I think Dr. Andrews can help with that lolSent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

We can always ship him up to Canada and see if Shield would patch up them pecs with a little adamantium coatingfor strenghth
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I would not call Melo over rated , but he certainly makes you wonder if he has been cursed by gypsies.Sorry dude just has bad luck oozing off him. Rather him stay far away from Atl

He is definitely overrated. He is talked about in the same breath as Lebron and Durant and he isn't close to them on either end of the floor. His "curse" is as more a factor of his iso proclivity and his lack of D than any supposed bad luck. He is a very good player but not a #1 who can win a championship. He would be killer in the Chris Bosh type of role (3rd best player and a clear alpha or two ahead of him on the scoring pecking order) but as the best player on his team he will be looking a early playoff exits most season in his career. Those Nuggets teams had some talent.

• Like 2