• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No reason anymore

Alex

That would be awesome if it could happen...but can it?

The mock draft I looked at today had us picking a slow-footed Euro-shooter at the #15 spot. If I'm not mistaken about how the Ping-Pong ball game works...we would have to actually have the 6th to 10th worst record to get those picks. So not only would we have to lose enough to miss the playoffs - we would have to get passed by a good many more bad teams.

At this point I think that is impossible. Most of them aren't dumb enough to go on a winning streak

It can happen quite easily. Detroit is the 9th place team in the East but have the 10th worst record in basketball b/c the East sucks so bad. Detroit is only 3 games behind us. Cleveland is the team to watch. They are only 3.5 games behind us and are starting play pretty good with Deng added to their mix. We just have to keep losing and one of those teams will over take us for 8th place in the East. I think both Cleveland and Detroit would love to make the playoffs.......even as an 8th seed.

All Atlanta has to do is fall in the East from 8th to 9th and go from the 15th pick to the 10th most lottery balls.

If that happends here are Atlanta's draft odds:

1st pick = 1.1%

2nd pick = 1.3 %

3rd pick = 1.6 %

4% chance of a top 3 pick

10th pick = 87%

11th pick = 8.9 %

12 pick = 0.2 %

13th pick = > 0.1 %

With a little luck we keep losing and get even better lottery odds. I like these odds above much better then the 8th playoff seed and the #15 pick that comes with it.

There are 23 games left in the season and we play at Golden State tonight.

Tank baby ! Tank ! Of course against good teams we don't have to try to tank without Horford and Milsap but when we play Clevelan or Detroit we should just forfiet the game and let them have it.

Keep on sitting Milsap. Heck sit Teague and let Dennis get more minutes for the long term at this point.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 2

It can happen quite easily. Detroit is the 9th place team in the East but have the 10th worst record in basketball b/c the East sucks so bad. Detroit is only 3 games behind us. Cleveland is the team to watch. They are only 3.5 games behind us and are starting play pretty good with Deng added to their mix. We just have to keep losing and one of those teams will over take us for 8th place in the East. I think both Cleveland and Detroit would love to make the playoffs.......even as an 8th seed.

All Atlanta has to do is fall in the East from 8th to 9th and go from the 15th pick to the 10th most lottery balls.

1st pick = 1.1%

2nd pick = 1.3 %

3rd pick = 1.6 %

10th pick = 87%

11th pick = 8.9 %

12 pick = 0.2 %

13th pick = > 0.1 %

With a little luck we keep losing and get even better lottery odds. I like these odds above much better then the 8th playoff seed and the #15 pick that comes with it.

Tank baby ! Tank ! Of course against good teams we don't have to try to tank without Horford and Milsap but when we play Clevelan or Detroit we should just forfiet the game and let them have it.

Keep on sitting Milsap. Heck sit Teague and let Dennis get more minutes for the long term at this point.

Unfortunately Millsap and the crew that had pretty good success together are all back on the floor in the lineup today. Not that I wish injury on Millsap but I was sure hoping he'd be out for a while longer and that Antić wouldn't be ready for a while either.

1st pick = 1.1%

2nd pick = 1.3 %

3rd pick = 1.6 %

10th pick = 87%

11th pick = 8.9 %

12 pick = 0.2 %

13th pick = > 0.1 %

Good point coachx...I have a tendency to look at the lottery the same way as the playoffs....not taking into account that as far as the lottery goes...it's one big league....thanks.