• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The worst playoff team in NBA history

gsuteke

What is the worst record of any team to make the playoffs in a full modern era NBA season.The Pistons are 4 wins out in the loss column and the Cavs are 5 and neither is playing well enough to catch Atlanta.Right now the Hawks sit at 26-34. The way they are playing now I would predict a 4-18 finish. That puts them in the playoffs with 30 wins.That may be historic.

• Premium Member

Also a sign the NBA needs reform. Too little talent is concentrated in too few markets. Also not to beat on a dead horse but basketball rules all the "scrubs" need to abide by are below "certain NBA superstars." Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Moderators

I really wish the NBA would de- Conference the playoffs... Just allow the best 16 teams in the playoffs.

The Seahawks was the first team in NFL history to make the playoffs with a losing record. They beat the Saints that year when Brooks (Getting my Marshon's mixed up lol) Lynch invented beast mode. I know the NFL doesn't have 7-game series like the NBA, but if the Hawks end up as the 7-8th seed, we could still make some noise. First-round exit, but I could see us taking the Pacers/Heat to six games.

Plus, even if we DO make it into the lottery, we likely won't get a pick better than 10 and IMO, the talent pool is strong 11-20. The 15-20th pick goes to playoff teams... Getting in the lottery would be ideal, but making the playoffs isn't a bad thing either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

I don't think the Knicks this year are worse than the Bucks of last year. The Knicks are more inconsistent but they have Melo. But these Hawks are by the worst team I've seen they could make the playoffs but we won't. Their too f***ing awful.

• Like 1

I really wish the NBA would de- Conference the playoffs... Just allow the best 16 teams in the playoffs.The Seahawks was the first team in NFL history to make the playoffs with a losing record. They beat the Saints that year when Brooks invented beast mode. I know the NFL doesn't have 7-game series like the NBA, but if the Hawks end up as the 7-8th seed, we could still make some noise. First-round exit, but I could see us taking the Pacers/Heat to six games.Plus, even if we DO make it into the lottery, we likely won't get a pick better than 10 and IMO, the talent pool is strong 11-20. The 17-20th pick goes to playoff teams... Getting in the lottery would be ideal, but making the playoffs isn't a bad thing either.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We can get a top 7 pick without question. We are already close even at 15. At 12 and we are 6 games out of 5th.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

You're kidding yourselves if you think the Hawks can win 10 more games this year. This team will get embarrassed Round 1

You are kidding if you think this team is making the playoffs. It is not happening the way they are playing right now , 3 more wins this season and they are lucky

I don't think the Knicks this year are worse than the Bucks of last year. The Knicks are more inconsistent but they have Melo. But these Hawks are by the worst team I've seen they could make the playoffs but we won't. Their too f***ing awful.

^^^^^ this!one of the teams behind us will catch this team and knock the Hawks out the playoffs. My money is on the knicks doing it , andI am okay with them being the sacrifice in rd 1

Too many teams that clearly don't want to make the playoffs behind the Hawks. They are stuck at the 8 seed.

• Like 1

Too many teams that clearly don't want to make the playoffs behind the Hawks. They are stuck at the 8 seed.

its funny because the management of the 3 teams that are behind us CLE, DET, NY are really desperate to make the playoffs but their teams are just too damn awful.

Plz don't let the Hawks make the playoffs

Hawks will make the playoffs...and your (and My) Hawks will get comfortably beaten by the real contenders. Maybe 4 and out...maybe we get 1 win at home.With the 15th pick in the NBA Draft the Atlanta Hawks pick "Singia KerBlenzia" ...a 6 foot 6 shooting guard from Croatiasilvblisia.Well Tom what do you think?Well Jason...I think the Hawks may leave Singia in Pogo to refine his game...now for the NY Knicks pick let's talk to Walt "Clyde" Frazier............................to make us feel better...........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AepyGm9Me6wHmmm... Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 2

• Premium Member

Plz don't let the Hawks make the playoffs

Ususally I would NEVER wish for the Hawks to miss the Playoffs, but this season is lost. Somebody from upstairs(I'm looking at you Ferry) has already pushed the tank button and my only regret is that he didn't do it sooner.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Ususally I would NEVER wish for the Hawks to miss the Playoffs, but this season is lost. Somebody from upstairs(I'm looking at you Ferry) has already pushed the tank button and my only regret is that he didn't do it sooner.

You are not alone.

Man, this is the worst possible scenario to be in, and I know I'm not the first to say it. In a horrible free fall and we can't miss the playoffs because Cleveland, Detroit and New York suck even more than us. BRUTAL. I've been thinking all season that if we don't get 6 seed or above, might as well miss and have a chance at the lotto. But this is the worst.

There wasn't a right answer going into the season. I was leaning towards the tank, but that's far from an exact science. Creating a winning culture with a bunch of financial flexibility has as much or more merit. So I was alright with Ferry's direction. Unfortunately Horford got hurt early on and those plans were effectively ruined, but everything was already in motion. Bud had the team playing good basketball and we had the added benefit of Brooklyn "tanking" for us. It took awhile for everything to finally balance out. It's just a new way for Hawks fans to be disappointed.

• Like 1

I'd say the 1994-95 Celtics. They won 35 games in the regular season and actually got 1 win in round 1 vs Orlando. But they had an aging Nique as their best player, followed by Dee Brown, and Dino Radja. That team was pretty bad. But I think this year's 8th seed in the east could actually only have 30-33 wins. Wow, I hope it's not us.

I really wish the NBA would de- Conference the playoffs... Just allow the best 16 teams in the playoffs.The Seahawks was the first team in NFL history to make the playoffs with a losing record. They beat the Saints that year when Brooks (Getting my Marshon's mixed up lol) Lynch invented beast mode. I know the NFL doesn't have 7-game series like the NBA, but if the Hawks end up as the 7-8th seed, we could still make some noise. First-round exit, but I could see us taking the Pacers/Heat to six games.Plus, even if we DO make it into the lottery, we likely won't get a pick better than 10 and IMO, the talent pool is strong 11-20. The 15-20th pick goes to playoff teams... Getting in the lottery would be ideal, but making the playoffs isn't a bad thing either.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Problem: What execs would agree to not having playoff games? You really think they'd give up the extra dollars? No chance.The system is fine. Edited by Duff_Man