• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Clippers

lethalweapon3

And seriously does anyone here trust Teague at the FT line in the 4th quarter? The truly good players go up there and you can see them ficus on the FTs in big moments. Not Jeff though, he goes up there gets in position and rushes his shots all the time. It really bugs me to see the lack of focus on those shots and I knew before he took them that he'd miss one. I really wish I still believed in Jeff but I've given up on him and I'm ready to see the reigns turned over to Schröder to see what he's got in case we need to go draft another PG this year or next.

I disagree. I think McDermott is the better shooter. Statistically he was better from both 2 and 3 point range and Morrison's shooting ability was a bit overrated..503 fg% for Morrison, .550 for McDermott.From 3, .368 for Morrison, .458 for McDermott.Plus Dougie McBuckets is one of the all time great nicknames.

Overrated? LOL.

People forget just how good of a college player Morrison was. While his crying at the end of this game is what he'll be remembered for, he pretty much balled for most of this game.

UCLA had about 4 or 5 future NBA players in this game, and Morrison was doing his thing up until about 2 minutes left in the game. Gonzaga blew that huge lead and lost it at the end . . which made Morrison cry. I kinda felt sorry for the dude because he deserved to win.

But Morrison and McDermott have very similar styles of play on offense. It's the defensive end that will kill McDermott in the NBA.

Overrated? LOL. People forget just how good of a college player Morrison was. While his crying at the end of this game is what he'll be remembered for, he pretty much balled for most of this game.

50% fg and 37% from 3 is not exactly lights out. McDermott is clearly the better shooter unless you don't care about actual stats from actual games.

50% fg and 37% from 3 is not exactly lights out. McDermott is clearly the better shooter unless you don't care about actual stats from actual games.

Look at their senior/last years in college. Not really much difference between the two.

Morrison was a 50% FG - 43% 3FG shooter . . at 28 ppg

McDermott is currently a 52% FG - 45% 3FG shooter . . at 27 ppg

They basically have the same strengths as a player and the same weaknesses. The big thing about McDermott will be this . . . do you have to set a ton of screens just to get him open . . or can he create his own shot and still score the basketball?

If you have to set those screens, he'll be a Kyle Korver clone. If he can create his own shot, he could possibly be a lot like what Al Harrington used to be.

But he's going to get destroyed on defense. And he may get exposed in the NCAA tourney.

Look at their senior/last years in college. Not really much difference between the two.

They basically have the same strengths as a player and the same weaknesses. The big thing about McDermott will be this . . . do you have to set a ton of screens just to get him open . . or can he create his own shot and still score the basketball?

If you have to set those screens, he'll be a Kyle Korver clone. If he can create his own shot, he could possibly be a lot like what Al Harrington used to be.

But he's going to get destroyed on defense. And he may get exposed in the NCAA tourney.

No thanks to these guys who you have to scheme to get open or who cannot defend their position. As a 2nd round pick that's okay but no way in the 1st round.

Morrison was an iso player. McDerrmott is usually assisted.

McDerrmott has a very good low post game at his level and great footwork, Morrison didn't.

Morrison was a better shooter. McDerrmott is a much better defender. His ability to get steals and blocks is extremely poor. Morrison was better at that in college.

Morrison did have an ACL tear in the NBA. I think had really hurt him as well.

McDerrmott is more comparable to Wally S on the NBA level.

But then again, why have a starting PG who can't make a WIDE OPEN 3pt shot?

Because people always said that he was a Tony Parker clone.

If we start Dennis ( who is a Rondo clone ), we'll be dealing with the same issue.

I guess the Hawks should've just kept Jordan Crawford and played him at the point. At least he's not scared to shoot.

Because people always said that he was a Tony Parker clone.

If we start Dennis ( who is a Rondo clone ), we'll be dealing with the same issue.

I guess the Hawks should've just kept Jordan Crawford and played him at the point. At least he's not scared to shoot.

He's a very poor man's Parker, nowhere near a clone. Probably same for Dennis though I still have high hopes. I could take Teague's poor shooting ability if he excelled in other areas besides being above average in the paint.

Eh you know how I feel about Crawford, although I'd much rather have him than Lou.

He's a very poor man's Parker, nowhere near a clone. Probably same for Dennis though I still have high hopes. I could take Teague's poor shooting ability if he excelled in other areas besides being above average in the paint.

Eh you know how I feel about Crawford, although I'd much rather have him than Lou.

I don't think Dennis is Rondo but he's more like a young rawer GP more than anything.

No thanks to these guys who you have to scheme to get open or who cannot defend their position. As a 2nd round pick that's okay but no way in the 1st round.

This exactly - we have enough guys like this on our current roster - we are is desperate need of a ball handler and player who can create his own shot when plays break down at the SG/SF position.