• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Danny Ferry needs to be fired

NBASupes

Davis is going to be better than anything this team is going to have over the next several years.

He may be better, but the Pelicans are no closer to contending than we are. Considering their misfortune with injuries this season, there's no telling where they may be next season.

He may be better, but the Pelicans are no closer to contending than we are. Considering their misfortune with injuries this season, there's no telling where they may be next season.

They have a player they can build around. That puts them ahead of us. Until we lead that kind of piece, what we have seen over the last 7 years is the best that it is going to get. And for me... I care about none of it.

They have a player they can build around. That puts them ahead of us. Until we lead that kind of piece, what we have seen over the last 7 years is the best that it is going to get. And for me... I care about none of it.

Fair enough. I understand where you're coming from and that's fine.But the reality is that most teams aren't going to be winning anything anytime soon. If you understand that then you have to enjoy this team for what it is.Tell me, who would you rather watch for the next 5 years: a Cleveland team with a star in Kyrie Irving (who will leave) that will still suck, a Toronto team that no matter what star they get leaves in free agency or the Hawks, who despite their lack of talent still fight hard and actually see improvement from most of their players.

Fair enough. I understand where you're coming from and that's fine.But the reality is that most teams aren't going to be winning anything anytime soon. If you understand that then you have to enjoy this team for what it is.Tell me, who would you rather watch for the next 5 years: a Cleveland team with a star in Kyrie Irving (who will leave) that will still suck, a Toronto team that no matter what star they get leaves in free agency or the Hawks, who despite their lack of talent still fight hard and actually see improvement from most of their players.

This team has a fairly unique situation.... This is a team that should be able to attract FA's because of the location, but largely this team has a poor track record with FA's. So, it's hard to have faith that this team can piece together a contending team that way. Teams like the Bucks... It's understandable why players do not want to go there. Same for Cleveland and Toronto. But most players probably like the city but they still have no desire to play here.

Being a mediocre to middle of the road team does not interest me at all.

This team has gotten a lot closer to landing a star through the draft than they have FA. Billy Knight was just dumb enough to make some extremely bad pick and the Hawks were fairly close to landing Durant. FA's don't give this franchise the time of day. If this team had a better record when it comes to FA's I would be more confident in trying to build a team that way.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Premium Member

Nathan, you say that as if Toronto and Cleveland doesn't fit also. We're not fans of those teams, but they fight too. The thing that is sad is that Ferry has had opportunities to do things that will work but he stubbornly believes in plans that work for other teams. The Hawks needs a GM that understands THE HAWKS. We don't bring in FAs well... in fact, a lot of times, for us, FAcy is one big nuthug that does nothing but make us sick in the stomach. Our fans are not saavy enough to know the difference between a firesale and a building move? And for some reason, they can't see that this is the same game that BK rand except BK was a lot better at it, seeing that he didn't have an ego that stopped him from tanking for the lottery.

That's the problem. Ferry wants to try and rebuild the plane while we're flying. What he will eventually get is the same plane. We pat him on the back and give him a databoy for taking apart the plane while we're in the air... When the truth is that maybe we need to land this plane... Get a new Blueprint and start over. IF we were headed to the lottery after a season of striving to tank, I think fans would be mad until the ball dropped and we started planning for our top three pick. Instead, we're heading to the playoffs to "Play Hard" and eventually lose And because we suck in FAcy, we will do it again next season.

But there is one golden hope. He signed Millsap to a must trade contract. Real GMing will be if he trades Millsap before Dec... or will we watch him walk?

Before you argue with me about an extension... ask yourself. You're Millsap...Do you resign with the Hawks for a few dollars more than you're making now... even though you've been named an allstar... Ask yourself.. Ferry, do you sign a 30 year old guy to a 4 year deal?

Real GMing is on the menu people!

• Like 2

Nathan, you say that as if Toronto and Cleveland doesn't fit also. We're not fans of those teams, but they fight too. The thing that is sad is that Ferry has had opportunities to do things that will work but he stubbornly believes in plans that work for other teams. The Hawks needs a GM that understands THE HAWKS. We don't bring in FAs well... in fact, a lot of times, for us, FAcy is one big nuthug that does nothing but make us sick in the stomach. Our fans are not saavy enough to know the difference between a firesale and a building move? And for some reason, they can't see that this is the same game that BK rand except BK was a lot better at it, seeing that he didn't have an ego that stopped him from tanking for the lottery.

That's the problem. Ferry wants to try and rebuild the plane while we're flying. What he will eventually get is the same plane. We pat him on the back and give him a databoy for taking apart the plane while we're in the air... When the truth is that maybe we need to land this plane... Get a new Blueprint and start over. IF we were headed to the lottery after a season of striving to tank, I think fans would be mad until the ball dropped and we started planning for our top three pick. Instead, we're heading to the playoffs to "Play Hard" and eventually lose And because we suck in FAcy, we will do it again next season.

But there is one golden hope. He signed Millsap to a must trade contract. Real GMing will be if he trades Millsap before Dec... or will we watch him walk?

Before you argue with me about an extension... ask yourself. You're Millsap...Do you resign with the Hawks for a few dollars more than you're making now... even though you've been named an allstar... Ask yourself.. Ferry, do you sign a 30 year old guy to a 4 year deal?

Real GMing is on the menu people!

This is pretty much it.

• Like 1

Nathan, you say that as if Toronto and Cleveland doesn't fit also. We're not fans of those teams, but they fight too. The thing that is sad is that Ferry has had opportunities to do things that will work but he stubbornly believes in plans that work for other teams. The Hawks needs a GM that understands THE HAWKS. We don't bring in FAs well... in fact, a lot of times, for us, FAcy is one big nuthug that does nothing but make us sick in the stomach. Our fans are not saavy enough to know the difference between a firesale and a building move? And for some reason, they can't see that this is the same game that BK rand except BK was a lot better at it, seeing that he didn't have an ego that stopped him from tanking for the lottery. That's the problem. Ferry wants to try and rebuild the plane while we're flying. What he will eventually get is the same plane. We pat him on the back and give him a databoy for taking apart the plane while we're in the air... When the truth is that maybe we need to land this plane... Get a new Blueprint and start over. IF we were headed to the lottery after a season of striving to tank, I think fans would be mad until the ball dropped and we started planning for our top three pick. Instead, we're heading to the playoffs to "Play Hard" and eventually lose And because we suck in FAcy, we will do it again next season. But there is one golden hope. He signed Millsap to a must trade contract. Real GMing will be if he trades Millsap before Dec... or will we watch him walk? Before you argue with me about an extension... ask yourself. You're Millsap...Do you resign with the Hawks for a few dollars more than you're making now... even though you've been named an allstar... Ask yourself.. Ferry, do you sign a 30 year old guy to a 4 year deal?Real GMing is on the menu people!

Well said!....not to put this franchise down but nothing should be expected over the off season unless it's a trade involving sap...from the looks of it, sap can maybe get us pieces but it won't be anything close to a star.Personally I look at ferry like this...I think he's a great gm to add hard playing pieces around a star player like the bulls did for rosé and eventually hard play around a star will bring much good to a franchise.I'm willing to trade all the pieces we have for a star we can keep for atleast 2 years. First year we will more than likely suck and our star won't have a supporting cast. 2nd year ferry will have had an off season to put some hard workers around our star and we will make the playoffs and have an identity. 3rd season more than likely that star will know that the franchise is serious about winning and making the team better and he will resign.

Nathan, you say that as if Toronto and Cleveland doesn't fit also. We're not fans of those teams, but they fight too. The thing that is sad is that Ferry has had opportunities to do things that will work but he stubbornly believes in plans that work for other teams. The Hawks needs a GM that understands THE HAWKS. We don't bring in FAs well... in fact, a lot of times, for us, FAcy is one big nuthug that does nothing but make us sick in the stomach. Our fans are not saavy enough to know the difference between a firesale and a building move? And for some reason, they can't see that this is the same game that BK rand except BK was a lot better at it, seeing that he didn't have an ego that stopped him from tanking for the lottery. That's the problem. Ferry wants to try and rebuild the plane while we're flying. What he will eventually get is the same plane. We pat him on the back and give him a databoy for taking apart the plane while we're in the air... When the truth is that maybe we need to land this plane... Get a new Blueprint and start over. IF we were headed to the lottery after a season of striving to tank, I think fans would be mad until the ball dropped and we started planning for our top three pick. Instead, we're heading to the playoffs to "Play Hard" and eventually lose And because we suck in FAcy, we will do it again next season. But there is one golden hope. He signed Millsap to a must trade contract. Real GMing will be if he trades Millsap before Dec... or will we watch him walk? Before you argue with me about an extension... ask yourself. You're Millsap...Do you resign with the Hawks for a few dollars more than you're making now... even though you've been named an allstar... Ask yourself.. Ferry, do you sign a 30 year old guy to a 4 year deal?Real GMing is on the menu people!

First of all, he's not doing what BK did. YOU want him to tank, but so far it hasn't happened. But have you asked yourself, if the talent on this team is so bad, why are we the 8th seed? It's because the entire east is terrible bar two teams.You're complaining about us drafting more role players, but how many franchise players are available in the first place? Right now, you've got a big man with back problems (Embiid), a scorer who has questions on defense (Parker), and Wiggins who still has some work to do. Now, these guys should be great, but who else are we missing on? An Australian who most of us have only seen of Youtube? An undersized PF that bullies bad defenses and gets lost on defense? There are people much more knowledgeable about the draft than I am on here, and I'd like think that they'd agree with me when I say there will be all-star talent around where will be picking.Yes I understand you want a player on this team who can take us to the next level, but just because the team chooses not to tank doesn't mean your should hate them for it.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Well said!....not to put this franchise down but nothing should be expected over the off season unless it's a trade involving sap...from the looks of it, sap can maybe get us pieces but it won't be anything close to a star.Personally I look at ferry like this...I think he's a great gm to add hard playing pieces around a star player like the bulls did for rosé and eventually hard play around a star will bring much good to a franchise.I'm willing to trade all the pieces we have for a star we can keep for atleast 2 years. First year we will more than likely suck and our star won't have a supporting cast. 2nd year ferry will have had an off season to put some hard workers around our star and we will make the playoffs and have an identity. 3rd season more than likely that star will know that the franchise is serious about winning and making the team better and he will resign.

When I look at the draft, I see that Philly will have 2 lottery picks and Orlando will have 2 lottery picks. After we know the order or picks and we know who is coming out, the question becomes, are we willing to do something to trade up? This is a conversation that will come up. Philly needs a vet presence. If their late pick stay late... Millsap our first to Philly for Young/their late first. It gets them out of future salary and gives them a vet presence. We don't lose in this. We get better pick position and take on more salary. That's the kind of deal that I want to see if Ferry can swing.

When I look at the draft, I see that Philly will have 2 lottery picks and Orlando will have 2 lottery picks. After we know the order or picks and we know who is coming out, the question becomes, are we willing to do something to trade up? This is a conversation that will come up. Philly needs a vet presence. If their late pick stay late... Millsap our first to Philly for Young/their late first. It gets them out of future salary and gives them a vet presence. We don't lose in this. We get better pick position and take on more salary. That's the kind of deal that I want to see if Ferry can swing.

This deal would have some legs, but I'm not sure if Philly is in a hurry to move away from Young. Not mention the fact that Millsap isn't much better than Young in the first place. Still, they were able to get a random for Holiday so maybe they'll want to pay it forward...

• Premium Member

First of all, he's not doing what BK did. YOU want him to tank, but so far it hasn't happened. But have you asked yourself, if the talent on this team is so bad, why are we the 8th seed? It's because the entire east is terrible bar two teams.

You're complaining about us drafting more role players, but how many franchise players are available in the first place? Right now, you've got a big man with back problems (Embiid), a scorer who has questions on defense (Parker), and Wiggins who still has some work to do. Now, these guys should be great, but who else are we missing on? An Australian who most of us have only seen of Youtube? An undersized PF that bullies bad defenses and gets lost on defense? There are people much more knowledgeable about the draft than I am on here, and I'd like think that they'd agree with me when I say there will be all-star talent around where will be picking.

Yes I understand you want a player on this team who can take us to the next level, but just because the team chooses not to tank doesn't mean your should hate them for it.

Calm Down Nate. In the last days people will search for death and won't be able to find it. You have said it, the East sucks. We will be the 8th seed with a what sub .400 record? It's a sign that there are so many bad teams in the east. The draft is what it is, the opportunity to get a young player who can become a frachise player. The higher the pick, the better the probability that they will be a franchise player. Just like we learned with Marvin, not every player will turn out. Hello Greg Oden. BUT, you have the chance that even with their inadequencies now, that eventually they will.

Read the following strength/weakness report on a player:

Strengths: A dynamic wing player with freakish length and agility and a scorers mentality ... Has the ability to essentially score at will on the college level … A special player offensively, who has fully developed post skills to go along with an NBA-range jumper … His ability to pull up off the dribble is absolutely illegal for a 6-10 player … Simply dominates even elite NCAA competition and top defenders, as his combination of height, length, athleticism, and skill is completely unrivaled on this level … Despite a laid-back nature, he has developed leadership and demands the ball in crunch time … He's skilled and instinctual enough to have an offense run through him … Already a great rebounder who understands the importance of boxing out and can simply leap over players who try to push him out of the lane … Has the potential to become a great defender with his 7-5 wing span and great leaping ability … The best NCAA freshman to play in some time .

Weaknesses: Hasn't been fully tested in terms of competition. Does he have the fire inside to maximize his abilities and develop a killer instinct? He has a laid back demeanor; will he continue to work hard after he starts cashing 7 figure checks? … Defensively, he's very lax. Tends to be too upright, and should focus more on his defensive fundamentals, getting low in his defensive stance, especially on the perimeter … Has all the potential to be a lock down defender, but doesn't put the effort in on that side of the ball … Still needs to bulk up, although he has bulked up significantly since high school. May always be skinny and adding too much weight could slow his foot speed some … Adding weight will make him more aggressive inside, as he tends to shy away from contact and can be pushed around and affected when played physical … Ball handling could still use refinement, as he is a little too high in his dribble … Shows flashes of great passing but is inconsistent … Should block more shots with his length and athleticism … Can improve upon the nuances of the game, moving without the ball, understanding where to be in help defense situations, giving equal effort on both ends of the floor etc.

When you read that, if you spend too much time reading the weaknesses, you will not draft this guy. And the people that passed on him regret that they did. This is why you must have scouts.. and you must have scouts who you trust. If your scout is just you with youtube, you won't be GM very long.

• Premium Member

This deal would have some legs, but I'm not sure if Philly is in a hurry to move away from Young. Not mention the fact that Millsap isn't much better than Young in the first place. Still, they were able to get a random for Holiday so maybe they'll want to pay it forward...

As I crafted it... I noticed the overall youth that they have. IF they pick up a stud like Randle, they can let him train in the dojo with Millsap. Young's numbers are very close to Sapps, but I kinda think his numbers are inflated a bit... by the green light giving by the tank. Still, he's got the talent, just needs to improve the FG%s . Philly thinks this through because they get out of a longer termed deal, they get immediate trade material, they get out of a higher priced pick and they still have a later cheaper pick from us.

It's a simple economy move for them... and they don't lose anything, in fact, they get experience.

The real question is do we do it. How does Young fit with Horf? Can he reproduct in Bud's offense. Is the move up to the lottery worth taking on him?? Will GTech fans get behind him a little?

For us, this is what I call gambling GMing.

As I crafted it... I noticed the overall youth that they have. IF they pick up a stud like Randle, they can let him train in the dojo with Millsap. Young's numbers are very close to Sapps, but I kinda think his numbers are inflated a bit... by the green light giving by the tank. Still, he's got the talent, just needs to improve the FG%s . Philly thinks this through because they get out of a longer termed deal, they get immediate trade material, they get out of a higher priced pick and they still have a later cheaper pick from us.It's a simple economy move for them... and they don't lose anything, in fact, they get experience. The real question is do we do it. How does Young fit with Horf? Can he reproduct in Bud's offense. Is the move up to the lottery worth taking on him?? Will GTech fans get behind him a little?For us, this is what I call gambling GMing.

I'd do it, depending on who's left on the board (Gordon if he falls far enough).

• Premium Member

I don't think Philly is looking for a "quick fix" trade as they don't appear to be in a hurry to jump back on the treadmill. They're not going to trade a lottery pick (that could yield another star) for Millsap or any of our players. They'll happily suck for the next couple of years while they stockpile young (and cheap) talent.

Edited by Jody23

I understand that there is no guarantee no matter what players you get. Look at the teams Phx had and they did not even make it to the finals. But this team lacks talent and I don't see had mid first rounders and 2nd rate FA's is going to put this team in a position to go far. This team is once again working on repeating what they have been doing post Dominique Wilkins. It's same thing over and over again.

You've definitely watched more of the NBA than I have, so you have insight I don't. I just feel that something is different about this team and the situation it's in.