• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Raptors

lethalweapon3

You people seem to get awfully quiet when Teague goes a month of two without having a good game then come roaring back when he has a decent game. I'm sure that's not a coincidence though.

I don't recall being quiet. I stand by my opinions until I'm proven to be wrong. I just have a hard time understanding the so called basketball minded people here.. There's no way Lowry is a better point guard than Teague. His stats are trash compared to Teagues. Its like I'm reliving the Kirk Hinrich cult era all over again..Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I don't recall being quiet. I stand by my opinions until I'm proven to be wrong. I just have a hard time understanding the so called basketball minded people here.. There's no way Lowry is a better point guard than Teague. His stats are trash compared to Teagues. Its like I'm reliving the Kirk Hinrich cult era all over again..Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Really? I can post (again) a myriad of stats that show Lowry is the better PG. So would you like to place a bet on this one?
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

You people seem to get awfully quiet when Teague goes a month of two without having a good game then come roaring back when he has a decent game. I'm sure that's not a coincidence though.

You aren't the only one who has noticed it.

• Premium Member

You just said that Teague is better than Lowry? Wow. Homers be homers.

• Like 1

I've already looked at the statistics. Oh I forgot about your wonderful ADVANCED STATISTICS! That would explain why Kyle Lowry has been three different NBA teams. And by the way, his Houston team was stacked with talent. But go ahead and tell me something I don't know..:popcorn:Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I've already looked at the statistics. Oh I forgot about your wonderful ADVANCED STATISTICS! That would explain why Kyle Lowry has been three different NBA teams. And by the way, his Houston team was stacked with talent. But go ahead and tell me something I don't know..

:grabs popcorn:

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

God forbid someone tries and proves something using stats that an 8th grader could understand. I mean it's not too complicated to figure out but that's fine we can just use basic, raw stats if it makes you feel better.

Lowry

PPG - 17.3

APG - 7.8

RPG - 4.8

TOPG - 2.4

FG% - .419

3PT% - .380

Teague

PPG - 16.2

APG - 7.0

RPG - 2.7

TOPG - 3.1

FG% - .427

3PT% - .296

So now, please tell me how Teague is better than Lowry?

• Like 2

God forbid someone tries and proves something using stats that an 8th grader could understand. I mean it's not too complicated to figure out but that's fine we can just use basic, raw stats if it makes you feel better.

Lowry

PPG - 17.3

APG - 7.8

RPG - 4.8

TOPG - 2.4

FG% - .419

3PT% - .380

Teague

PPG - 16.2

APG - 7.0

RPG - 2.7

TOPG - 3.1

FG% - .427

3PT% - .296

So now, please tell me how Teague is better than Lowry?

Just like I thought.. You decided to use his best year as an NBA point guard to back your argument. He's been nothing but mediocre before this season. He couldn't manage to win the point guard spot over Raefer Alston and Aaron Brooks. Houston drafted Johnny Flynn due to his poor production when he did finally get the starting job. Good poiny guards don't become journeyman this early in their careers.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Just like I thought.. You decided to use his best year as an NBA point guard to back your argument. He's been nothing but mediocre before this season. He couldn't manage to win the point guard spot over Raefer Alston and Aaron Brooks. Houston drafted Johnny Flynn due to his poor production when he did finally get the starting job. Good poiny guards don't become journeyman this early in their careers.Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Just like you thought? OMG I used THIS YEAR as that's all that matters. Who gives a flying F what happened in past years when comparing which player is the better player. But you keep clinging to the hope that Teague is better than Lowry and see where that gets you.

And yeah I guess Billups was a scrub as well? I mean he must have been since it took 5 years for him to even start to show anything after bouncing around the league.

Tell ya what though, let's compare their career stats to each other, which should make Teague look great since Lowry has been a scrub until this year, right? Oh wait next you're gonna say this isn't fair cause Jeffy was mistreated all those years by Woody and LD, right?

Posted Image

• Like 2

Just like you thought? OMG I used THIS YEAR as that's all that matters. Who gives a flying F what happened in past years when comparing which player is the better player. But you keep clinging to the hope that Teague is better than Lowry and see where that gets you. And yeah I guess Billups was a scrub as well? I mean he must have been since it took 5 years for him to even start to show anything after bouncing around the league.

I see you chose to use the big crayons today. Teagues stats would be way better than Lowrys if Horford never got injured. It baffles me how you can back your argument by using this years stats only. Obviously it just shows your lack of accepting the truth. And please keep the NBA Allstar and Champion Chauncy Billups out of comparisons with bum ass Lowry. Keep displaying your wonderful basketball knowledge man.. it brings a lot of comedy to the board.Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Premium Member

I see you chose to use the big crayons today. Teagues stats would be way better than Lowrys if Horford never got injured. It baffles me how you can back your argument by using this years stats only. Obviously it just shows your lack of accepting the truth. And please keep the NBA Allstar and Champion Chauncy Billups out of comparisons with bum ass Lowry. Keep displaying your wonderful basketball knowledge man.. it brings a lot of comedy to the board.Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

The only one whose getting laughed at right now is not Dolf. I'll let you think about it.

• Like 2

Let me see if I can figure out the argument to make Teague better. IF IF IF IF IF then Teague would be better? Got it

So you don't think that Teague will be any better in 2 years?

If he were steadily getting better then yeah I would think so but there's nothing to indicate that he's getting better. The only thing better about this season is he's handling the ball a lot more and shooting a lot more. Right now his ws/48 is down for a 3rd consecutive year and that's a sign of a player trending down. He may turn it around but I see no reason to believe that will be the case.

• Premium Member

If he were steadily getting better then yeah I would think so but there's nothing to indicate that he's getting better. The only thing better about this season is he's handling the ball a lot more and shooting a lot more. Right now his ws/48 is down for a 3rd consecutive year and that's a sign of a player trending down. He may turn it around but I see no reason to believe that will be the case.

So he doesn't look better to you at all now as he matures into his role in Bud's system?