• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Bebe better turn out to be a damned good player!

Admin

Bebe is adding strength, he's gaining some experience and,

most important, he's maturing.

Playing all the time where he is seems to me better than sitting on

the bench here in the NBA. The experience he's getting may not

be NBA but still, if he's got a good IQ, then he's learning.

When he gets here next season, he will be more man and less

little boy. His rookie contract doesn't start until he's signed on

and starts drawing NBA paychecks. I believe his contract will be

for three years, beginning with that first paycheck and his autograph

on a new contract.

Seems to be a win, win situation for everyone. Right now, he's getting

paid and playing basketball with his entire future in the NBA still

ahead of him.

We wait with baited breath for next season and all we expect of it!!

GO ATL !!

• Like 2

Thanks JayBird

Splitter was the one i was thinking of but couldn't come up with his name. Sabonis is one of my all time favs but in reality that was a different era. Still those are guys who made names for themselves playing pro ball (not sure about asik) vs Bebe and others who aren't big time players overseas but are showing a lot of potential that has the nba interested. What about Scola?

Anyway, i know the reasons given for Bebe staying: get bigger, get experience etc. but seems like all those things could have happened better being with the Hawks. Maybe next year.

He's probably 3 years away from being a real contributor on an NBA level team. This is the biggest reason is that if we had brought him over this year and it takes him 3 years to develop into something then we're at the end of his rookie deal and all we've gotten is development time. Now if we leave him overseas for 2 years then he comes to the NBA and he's ready in a year and we've still got multiple years with him on a cheap rookie deal where he's actually giving us good production. To me that's far and away the best reason to have stashed him. Same reason I wanted us to stash Schröder for a year or two since they are both so young.

• Like 1

@macdaddy Sabonis - enough said Splitter (drafted in 2007 joined Spurs in 2010) Pekovic & Asik .(drafted 2008 came to US in 2010)

There's also recent guys like Jonas Valančiūnas and the guy they say is the best player in Europe right now Nikola Mirotić as guys who've been drafted and left overseas.

There's also recent guys like Jonas Valančiūnas and the guy they say is the best player in Europe right now Nikola Mirotić as guys who've been drafted and left overseas.

Ginobli and Scola as well.

And I thought the last report on Bebe was that he was having DNP CDs due to still having injury issues? @Ebert can you confirm he's playing?

No, he isn't. He played one game because they had some injuries and they needed him and got injured again. I think he was healthy this past weekend but didn't play . Not sure if they really want him to play, he is in a bad situation right now...

I think that he hasn't been accepted very well in the locker room after he cancelled his contract...

• Like 1

@macdaddy Sabonis - enough said Splitter (drafted in 2007 joined Spurs in 2010) Pekovic & Asik .(drafted 2008 came to US in 2010)

Marc Gasol, drafted in 2007 and joined the Grizzlies in 2008. All-Star.

Nobody could expect in what Marc has became. I thought he would be a bust in 2007. But, he had an incredible season in 2008 (he broke Sabonis' record of weekly MVPs in the ACB) and helped the Lakers to trade for Pau Gasol.

No, he isn't. He played one game because they had some injuries and they needed him and got injured again. I think he was healthy this past weekend but didn't play . Not sure if they really want him to play, he is in a bad situation right now...

I think that he hasn't been accepted very well in the locker room after he cancelled his contract...

Thanks for confirming that's what I thought was going on. I hope it's not injury related and that it's contract related, although I would suspect that will lead to him coming over here next year if that's the case.

Marc Gasol, drafted in 2007 and joined the Grizzlies in 2008. All-Star. Nobody could expect in what Marc has became. I thought he would be a bust in 2007. But, he had an incredible season in 2008 (he broke Sabonis' record of weekly MVPs in the ACB) and helped the Lakers to trade for Pau Gasol.

Yep people thought that was a joke when he was "thrown into" the trade for Pau. He's sure become a heck of a player!

No love for Rubio? (that works on many levels) Singler and Nick Calathes would be examples of American born draftees that went overseas first too.

And our very own MonStar Mike.