• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Could Millsap Play SF in Atlanta?

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

Horford has been begging to be moved to 4 and after two pectoral injuries, enough's enough. It's time to finally get a legit center, but if Danny signs Spencer Hawes or Gortat, could Millsap play SF in a lineup of:

C - Hawes or Gortat

PF - Horford

SF - Millsap

SG - Korver

PG - Teague

Just because he is an undersized 4, doesn't mean he'll be great at the 3; however, I'm thinking it's possible, but I'm worried about defensive match-ups vs. athletic SF's. Sap has shown that he can hit long range shots and drive the lane. We all know Horford prefers to float in the mid-range which opens up the paint. Even Hawes at 7'1" can hit a three point shot which further opens up the paint. Most teams think of the SF spot as more of a big guard, but could Atlanta think of it as more by it's name - a small forward?

• Like 1

Yes! Yes! Yes!….The damn spurs play Boris Diaw at SF sometimes! They even did it against the heat with Diaw playing great defense on Lebron!

The people on this board will tell you no….the majority anyways, but what they ignore is getting a team with more size that way. Then looking at the way milsap can knock down 3's its no question he can play SF! Talk to jazz fans, when the jazz faced off against lebron guess who was guarding him?….thats right milsap. When we played the knicks this year especially that first game guess who was guarding melo?…thats right sap again.

People are in denial about him playing the 3 when in reality he will give the hawks and advantage that other teams will have to scheme for, especially on offense.

What makes you think he doesn't like Atlanta?

Not the town of course...but he seems to be kind of like he would like to "roll his eyes" at the questions in the post game interviews.

Millsap is a professional, and I'm just commenting...(guessing).

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Moderators

I think Sap likes it here. I mean, the organization DID make a 70-foot version of him for billboard. lol I think Sap just REALLY wishes Horford was here. Sap and DMC are the only real physical guys on the team. Probably has the same complaint as Horf. WE NEED A CENTER FOR HORF & SAP TO BE EFFECTIVE!

Sap's numbers are up across the board. He hoovers around a 20 PER. He is our All Star and we are not very good right now. You get the 5 locked up with a big and move Horf and Sap down and have DMC on the bench, we could have a 50+ win team in the making. Bring back Pero over Brand (Pero is cheaper, younger, better shooter, and is a fan fave), improve Cartier's spot on the bench, and find another scorer for the bench, and we may have a team next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Horford has been begging to be moved to 4 and after two pectoral injuries, enough's enough. It's time to finally get a legit center, but if Danny signs Spencer Hawes or Gortat, could Millsap play SF in a lineup of:

C - Hawes or Gortat

PF - Horford

SF - Millsap

SG - Korver

PG - Teague

Just because he is an undersized 4, doesn't mean he'll be great at the 3; however, I'm thinking it's possible, but I'm worried about defensive match-ups vs. athletic SF's. Sap has shown that he can hit long range shots and drive the lane. We all know Horford prefers to float in the mid-range which opens up the paint. Even Hawes at 7'1" can hit a three point shot which further opens up the paint. Most teams think of the SF spot as more of a big guard, but could Atlanta think of it as more by it's name - a small forward?

If that is our starting lineup moving forward, then whether or not Sap can play the three is the least of our concerns.

• Like 2

DJays - this roll eyes, smirking (if it is there) is probably due to the stupid questions that he gets asked. Its always something stupid like "How important was it to win this game tonight...." "How important was it for you to get 20 points and 10 rebounds." "How important was it...."

I actually never watch player interviews because the questions are so stupid, and half the players answers are even worse. "We need more energy...." "It was very important to get aggressive..." "We just need to be more aggressive...."

• Like 1

At this point I'm beginning to think Paul Millsap would be happy playing any position...anywhere but in Atlanta.

Chances are I'm wrong...but he seems like he is semi-smirking when they interview him.

Mike Scott is probably goofing around off camera.

• Like 1

C(17+PER)/Pero/Horf/Moose

Horf/Sap/Scott/Moose

Sap/DMC/KK/Scott

KK/Lottery Pick/Jenk/Cartier

Teague/Shredder/Pick/Mack

There's an ECF roster of 15 right der...

Edited by hazer

Teague driving and dishing to a frontline of a good 6'11+ center, Horf, and Sap.......with KK sniping?! I'm buyin'.

Teague driving and dishing to a frontline of a good 6'11+ center, Horf, and Sap.......with KK sniping?! I'm buyin'.

I'm in too. None of the teams at the top really scare me. When we play the Pacers we really neutralize Hibbert by bringing him out onto the perimeter to cover Horford and now Pero. If Stephenson leaves this off season, I'll take us as the second best team in the East.

To answer the original question - the guy is the 70 foot tall giant in the room. I think he can play whatever position he wants.

(BTW - anyone else wondering if Paul had a clause in his contract that said if he makes the All Star team they will make a statue of him?)

Edited by Randy

• Moderators

In reference to my thread comparing us to the Pacers, this IS an easy way of killing three birds with one stone. Not only do we get our young center, but we also fix our starting SF AND strengthen our bench by moving DMC to the bench. And all it'll cost us is about $8-10 mil for Hawes (or whoever we get). Just gotta get our starting SG fixed with a more well-rounded player than KK, move KK to the bench, and we will be a scary team in the East.

C - Hawes or whoever

PF - Horford

SF - Millsap

SG - Young, athletic scorer (15 ppg)

PG - Teague

6th - KK
7th - Schröder
8th - DMC
9th - Scott
10th - Backup center *(draft or trade)
11th - The token swiss-army knife & "leader of the locker room" (Pero or Brand)
12th - Third center (Muscala?)
13th - Third PG... alright, maybe Mack

* Draft WCS or Nurkic (<-- Unsung hero of the draft) or trade Lou and Jenkins for backup center & 2nd round pick

• Like 1

Mmmm I wouldn't like to use Millsap as a SF in this modern NBA. We need someone athletic, who can defend properly and create his own shot.

We need to improve our swingmen in the draft or FA. We all want Horford to play at PF, but the Millsap-Horford duo was one of the best inside duos in our conference... so, isn't the biggest need, we have other bigger holes.

In reference to my thread comparing us to the Pacers, this IS an easy way of killing three birds with one stone. Not only do we get our young center, but we also fix our starting SF AND strengthen our bench by moving DMC to the bench. And all it'll cost us is about $8-10 mil for Hawes (or whoever we get). Just gotta get our starting SG fixed with a more well-rounded player than KK, move KK to the bench, and we will be a scary team in the East.

C - Hawes or whoever

PF - Horford

SF - Millsap

SG - Young, athletic scorer (15 ppg)

PG - Teague

6th - KK
7th - Schröder
8th - DMC
9th - Scott
10th - Backup center *(draft or trade)
11th - The token swiss-army knife & "leader of the locker room" (Pero or Brand)
12th - Third center (Muscala?)
13th - Third PG... alright, maybe Mack

* Draft WCS or Nurkic (<-- Unsung hero of the draft) or trade Lou and Jenkins for backup center & 2nd round pick

We spent a pick last year in a center. We won't draft a center again, we already have our center for the future unless Ferry doesn't think so. Draft a swingman!

Edited by Ebert