• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Could Millsap Play SF in Atlanta?

PSSSHHHRRR87

If that is our starting lineup moving forward, then whether or not Sap can play the three is the least of our concerns.

Tell us what your concerns would be. Are you concerned about both starting forwards being all stars? Or having the best 3-point sniper in the league starting at the 2? Or is your concern a 17/7 top 10 point guard? Might it be those 2 16+PER 7-footers who both nearly average a double/double?

Tell us what your concerns would be. Are you concerned about both starting forwards being all stars? Or having the best 3-point sniper in the league starting at the 2? Or is your concern a 17/7 top 10 point guard? Might it be those 2 16+PER 7-footers who both nearly average a double/double?

Haha did you really call Teague a top 10 PG? ??

• Like 2

• Moderators

Why not go after Hawes AND Stephenson...

C - Hawes

PF - Horford

SF - Millsap

SG - Stephenson

PG - Teague

6th - KK
7th - Schröder
8th - DMC
9th - Scott
10th - Backup center *(draft or trade)
11th - Pero
12th - Muscala
13th - Mack

I don't like pole-bean centers and I don't believe Bebe will ever be a quality center for us. The dude is already having knee problems. Give me Nurkic or Hammons in the draft.

You da funny man, Dolf. I'd seriously put Teague around 7th or 8th in the East. Being less-than-stoked about our 17/7 17PER PG is a nice problem to have...

In reference to my thread comparing us to the Pacers, this IS an easy way of killing three birds with one stone. Not only do we get our young center, but we also fix our starting SF AND strengthen our bench by moving DMC to the bench. And all it'll cost us is about $8-10 mil for Hawes (or whoever we get). Just gotta get our starting SG fixed with a more well-rounded player than KK, move KK to the bench, and we will be a scary team in the East.

C - Hawes or whoever

PF - Horford

SF - Millsap

SG - Young, athletic scorer (15 ppg)

PG - Teague

6th - KK

7th - Schröder

8th - DMC

9th - Scott

10th - Backup center *(draft or trade)

11th - The token swiss-army knife & "leader of the locker room" (Pero or Brand)

12th - Third center (Muscala?)

13th - Third PG... alright, maybe Mack

* Draft WCS or Nurkic (<-- Unsung hero of the draft) or trade Lou and Jenkins for backup center & 2nd round pick

Seriously post of the year right here! I love this!

I don't understand hawk fans that don't want something like this to happen...realize that we have nothing to lose by doing this and the good outweighs the bad by far.

A lineup of sap, horford, true center will cause problems for most teams defensively...that is a huge lineup for us in the front court if I were ferry this is a no brainier move...it makes everybody better in particular sap, horford, Teague.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

If anyone is watching Heat vs Pacers, Lance Stephenson ain't a guy you want to pay big money. He can't control his emotions, does silly things on the floor and is NO WHERE near as good as he thinks he is.

Edited by Jody23

• Moderators

If anyone is watching Heat vs Pacers, Lance Stephenson ain't a guy you want to pay big money. He can't control his emotions, does silly things on the floor and is NO WHERE near as good as he thinks he is.

I'd personally rather pay Evan Turner. 3 yrs @ $8.0 mil per.

• Moderators

I'd personally rather pay Evan Turner. 3 yrs @ $8.0 mil per.

At SG with Indiana where the defense ignores him, his offensive rating is a brutal 87.6, he has a 6.6 PER which is putrid and he is a net -30 on one of the best teams in the league.

At SF, his defensive rating is a brutal 104.5 and he is a net -12 on a studly team.

Overall the Pacers outscore their opponents by 8.4 points per 100 possessions when he is off the court and are outscored by 5.1 points per 100 possessions when he is on the court. He makes the offense worse but where he really just destroys the team is with his inept defense. Their D gives up 98.4 ppg without him and 109.9 points with him. shok.gif

Let's sign him for $8M per season!

russian_roulette.gif

• Like 1

At SG with Indiana where the defense ignores him, his offensive rating is a brutal 87.6, he has a 6.6 PER which is putrid and he is a net -30 on one of the best teams in the league.

At SF, his defensive rating is a brutal 104.5 and he is a net -12 on a studly team.

Overall the Pacers outscore their opponents by 8.4 points per 100 possessions when he is off the court and are outscored by 5.1 points per 100 possessions when he is on the court. He makes the offense worse but where he really just destroys the team is with his inept defense. Their D gives up 98.4 ppg without him and 109.9 points with him. shok.gif

Let's sign him for $8M per season!

russian_roulette.gif

I got to give you credit for calling the Turner stat padding. You was not buying him playing so well in Philly, and he might be the sole reason we have a chance in a playoff series against them if he is given significant minutes.

• Moderators

kickcan.gif

Don't get me wrong; I like Stephenson. He is a work horse and a defensive juggernaut which fits our culture. I also think that he is a guy that the fans could get behind, although signing Stephenson is moving more towards the Pistons way and not the Indy way. I have no problem with that, but it does beg the question of can we rely on a collective effort for offense to win a title? Sure, we'll have a lock down defense with guys like Stephenson, Horford, Schröder, and DMC out there, but when we NEED a bucket or go into one of the Hawks' patented cold spells, who can be relied to keep us afloat? Korver? I will admit that Turner is wildly inefficient and goes into deep, deep slumps, but there really isn't another FA 2 guard out there that can score besides the untouchable D-Wade.

C - Hawes

PF - Horford

SF - Millsap

SG - Stephenson

PG - Teague

is a nasty lineup. Makes Teague a better defender and opens up the lane for him. Millsap would be taking even more threes, but at least he makes them. Horford is the happiest of the bunch and Hawes gets janitor duty under the goal. Pieces that fit the puzzle, but we'd likely have to trade Lou and Jenkins to get them off of the books. Both ends would be a collective effort and a single injury to a key guy could spell dooms day.

• Premium Member

kickcan.gif

Don't get me wrong; I like Stephenson. He is a work horse and a defensive juggernaut which fits our culture. I also think that he is a guy that the fans could get behind, although signing Stephenson is moving more towards the Pistons way and not the Indy way. I have no problem with that, but it does beg the question of can we rely on a collective effort for offense to win a title? Sure, we'll have a lock down defense with guys like Stephenson, Horford, Schröder, and DMC out there, but when we NEED a bucket or go into one of the Hawks' patented cold spells, who can be relied to keep us afloat? Korver? I will admit that Turner is wildly inefficient and goes into deep, deep slumps, but there really isn't another FA 2 guard out there that can score besides the untouchable D-Wade.

C - Hawes

PF - Horford

SF - Millsap

SG - Stephenson

PG - Teague

is a nasty lineup. Makes Teague a better defender and opens up the lane for him. Millsap would be taking even more threes, but at least he makes them. Horford is the happiest of the bunch and Hawes gets janitor duty under the goal. Pieces that fit the puzzle, but we'd likely have to trade Lou and Jenkins to get them off of the books. Both ends would be a collective effort and a single injury to a key guy could spell dooms day.

That lineup is good, but not a title contender.

So adding Spencer Hawes is the secret weapon we have all been waiting for? Going to transform us into an instant contender? I see.

• Moderators

So adding Spencer Hawes is the secret weapon we have all been waiting for? Going to transform us into an instant contender? I see.

Absolutely, we would definitely be ECF contenders off the bat. Maybe not a bonafide title contender, but to get a big body to give us rebounds, a post game, a defensive anchor, and keep legit centers off of our All-Star forwards is crucial. The Hawks are 22nd in team defense and are perennial bottom feeders when it comes to total rebounds. All of the top teams rebound the ball well and a rebound means one of two things: Ending your opponent's possession or extending your own; both favorable outcomes.

I will say this... We have ZERO chance at getting out of the second round barring LBJ coming here with Horford at 5.