• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Timberwolves

lethalweapon3

Hawks are clearly chasing that 9th spot. If I say it 3 times will that make it a reality instead of just the fantasy in my head since I can't stomach the alternative?

• Like 1

• Moderators

All I could think last night is why are the twolves not good? 2 deep at center. Rubio (who i'm luke warm on but he can pass). Love, Kmart, Brewer. Adelman i always thought was a good coach. Maybe they just need a better wing, and they don't have a lot of depth other than at center. So when can we steal Dieng away?

• Like 2

• Premium Member

All I could think last night is why are the twolves not good? 2 deep at center. Rubio (who i'm luke warm on but he can pass). Love, Kmart, Brewer. Adelman i always thought was a good coach. Maybe they just need a better wing, and they don't have a lot of depth other than at center. So when can we steal Dieng away?

The Wolves are my 1a team so I watch all their games. They aren't trading Dieng. The big question will be if Love says he'll stay or if he's leaving. If he leaves they'll blow the team up and rebuild around Rubio and Dieng. As it is, most Wolves fans want them to trade Pek in the offseason to get an upgrade at SF or SF and moving K Mart or Brewer to the bench.

The reason the Wolves aren't better is their awful bench. The starters will have a lead, go sit down for rest and the bench comes in and plays like crap. Especially JJ Barea.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The Wolves are my 1a team so I watch all their games. They aren't trading Dieng. The big question will be if Love says he'll stay or if he's leaving. If he leaves they'll blow the team up and rebuild around Rubio and Dieng. As it is, most Wolves fans want them to trade Pek in the offseason to get an upgrade at SF or SF and moving K Mart or Brewer to the bench.

The reason the Wolves aren't better is their awful bench. The starters will have a lead, go sit down for rest and the bench comes in and plays like crap. Especially JJ Barea.

Thanks. I can see that. If they aren't trading Dieng and we can't steal him then i'd trade for Pek. Still I'd like to have Love. If he's smart he'll get out of there. Seems like Garnett all over again. There again I doubt Love would come to Atlanta unless we could find a another star to go with him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Thanks. I can see that. If they aren't trading Dieng and we can't steal him then i'd trade for Pek. Still I'd like to have Love. If he's smart he'll get out of there. Seems like Garnett all over again. There again I doubt Love would come to Atlanta unless we could find a another star to go with him.

I do think we could sell a system to Love not to mention getting out of the West would give him a better shot to make the playoffs and maybe do something in them.

Yeah I didn't get to see the game last night but those highlights make me smh as it sucks that we could have had this kid. I'd honestly rather have him and Bebe than Bebe and Schröder. My tune may change in the future but I felt like Dieng could come in and play right away this year and he's going to be a pretty darn good player.

• Like 1

It is puzzling why they aren't better. Rubio's awful shooting is an easy target, but even then Love is 3rd in Win Shares. The other Top 4's teams have no problem winning.

I'm not familiar with Brewer's game too tough as I never watch the Nuggets. I perceived him as a product of their hard running system. Seeing a little more of him this year with the Wolves he doesn't seem to do anything outside of himself and finishes much better than someone his size should. Kevin Martin had some nice open-court finishes of his own as well, he's another who sticks to his game 100%. Dieng is a Spurs-type treasure, something you'd never associated with the Wolves. They're the best outlet team in the league. You'd think Adelman would have them doing better.

I think the Wolves are just destined to be a bad franchise. It's no coincidence Billups' career took off as soon as he left or KG winning a ring immediately after. Sothron could probably elaborate further on their front office woes. For Kevin Love's sake, I hope he realizes he can't go anywhere there and will easily make up the additional money in Hollywood. Im not a Laker fan by any stretch, but it's a clear perfect match. UCLA, Bigs, Beach Boys. He'd be a global star, but still won't win anything with that ridiculous brass.

Edited by benhillboy

Yeah I didn't get to see the game last night but those highlights make me smh as it sucks that we could have had this kid. I'd honestly rather have him and Bebe than Bebe and Schröder. My tune may change in the future but I felt like Dieng could come in and play right away this year and he's going to be a pretty darn good player.

How bout Schröder and Dieng? Although I liked what I saw from Bebe in the summer. Bebe is 19 and Dieng is 24 years old ...we have to see where Bebe will be in 5 years lol

How bout Schröder and Dieng? Although I liked what I saw from Bebe in the summer. Bebe is 19 and Dieng is 24 years old ...we have to see where Bebe will be in 5 years lol

@Spud2Nique Bebe will actually be 22 in a couple of months. I wanted to double down on a C with Dieng and Olynyk as my first choice but would have been happy with Bebe and Dieng.

• Premium Member

It is puzzling why they aren't better. Rubio's awful shooting is an easy target, but even then Love is 3rd in Win Shares. The other Top 4's teams have no problem winning.

I'm not familiar with Brewer's game too tough as I never watch the Nuggets. I perceived him as a product of their hard running system. Seeing a little more of him this year with the Wolves he doesn't seem to do anything outside of himself and finishes much better than someone his size should. Kevin Martin had some nice open-court finishes of his own as well, he's another who sticks to his game 100%. Dieng is a Spurs-type treasure, something you'd never associated with the Wolves. They're the best outlet team in the league. You'd think Adelman would have them doing better.

I think the Wolves are just destined to be a bad franchise. It's no coincidence Billups' career took off as soon as he left or KG winning a ring immediately after. Sothron could probably elaborate further on their front office woes. For Kevin Love's sake, I hope he realizes he can't go anywhere there and will easily make up the additional money in Hollywood. Im not a Laker fan by any stretch, but it's a clear perfect match. UCLA, Bigs, Beach Boys. He'd be a global star, but still won't win anything with that ridiculous brass.

Someone in a thread on the Wolves board at realgm had advanced stats showing just how terribad the Wolves bench is this year. The starters will build a lead, go out for rest, bench blows lead and goes in a hole, starters come back in bail the team out go out for rest and bench comes in again late third/start of fourth and blows the game. I don't know how many games the Wolves have lost this year because of it but it is the only reason they will miss the playoffs.

• Moderators

I just don't know anything about propects but Dieng seems like a big whiff by the hawks. I'm not sure what the fear would have been with him but since we felt like we need a center he seems like he's basically Bebe but here and mature already.

• Premium Member

I just don't know anything about propects but Dieng seems like a big whiff by the hawks. I'm not sure what the fear would have been with him but since we felt like we need a center he seems like he's basically Bebe but here and mature already.

I think the fact Dieng is an old rookie (24 before next season starts) and Bebe is both younger and a guy the A$G could stash overseas and not pay for the contract were the primary reasons.

• Like 1

I think the fact Dieng is an old rookie (24 before next season starts) and Bebe is both younger and a guy the A$G could stash overseas and not pay for the contract were the primary reasons.

Not good enough reasons to pass up a guy with tremendous hands for a 7', a guy who anchored the #1 defense in the country and the national champs. It was absolutely foolish to pass him up regardless of the reasoning. We will be lucky if Bebe is ever the player that Dieng is right now.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Winning enough games to not get a great draft pick, but possibly losing enough games to not make the playoffs.

Now, that is a change of culture that I can believe in! (sarc)

It is frustrating but a lot of us being in the playoffs has more to do with underperforming teams in the East.

We weren't built to get the first pick but after Horf went down we should be a lottery team. If the top 16 teams in the NBA made the playoffs we would be.

Unfortunately for us, we are stuck in the East. Some of the teams bellow us should be ahead of us.

• Premium Member

I can usually have fun watching a game win or lose...but that was painful. I bailed in the 4th.

I bailed in the third. It was really brutal lol.

• Premium Member

Not good enough reasons to pass up a guy with tremendous hands for a 7', a guy who anchored the #1 defense in the country and the national champs. It was absolutely foolish to pass him up regardless of the reasoning. We will be lucky if Bebe is ever the player that Dieng is right now.

I can't disagree with anything you said. Dieng has looked really good for the T Wolves since coming in as a starter.

@Spud2Nique Bebe will actually be 22 in a couple of months. I wanted to double down on a C with Dieng and Olynyk as my first choice but would have been happy with Bebe and Dieng.

Dang I thought he was younger. Ya doubling down on a couple centers woulda been a good move.

@Spud2Nique Bebe will actually be 22 in a couple of months....

Face it Dolfan...Bebe was a total "whiff"...a shot that went out into outer space...a vision of a gal...mist...a song in the night.

Bebe will NEVER be an NBA player - or - at least nothing but 10th man bench warmer. He simply won't be. His skinny frame is just the first of the problems...he has few skills. If he had come up in the USA system he would have been an interesting guy coming out of Ga.State.

Forget about Bebe...altogether. It will never pan out. period.

OK....I know you sometimes need to have things said to you twice Dolfan....Bebe will NEVER be an NBA player of note. He will likely never even come over here. He is a skinny unskilled player.

simple as that...

Edited by DJlaysitup