• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I think the Knicks take the 8 seed

gsuteke

Yesterday I was seeing the schedules of us, NY and Cleveland and I think it will end like that:

NY 35W (maybe 36, but behind of us anyway because in case of a tie I think we win the tiebreak)

ATL 36W

CLE 37W

I don't know if you have seen their schedule, but if Cleveland win us they can easily win 7 games of those 8 final games. They have to play at Atlanta, Orlando and Milwaukee and then at home they have to play against Charlotte, Detroit, Boston and BKN in the final day where they could probably rest some starters.

Friday's game will be kind of a final..

I wonder, has any team ever made the playoffs for 7 straight seasons or more and under 3 different coaches?

The Lakers the past few years with Phil Jackson, Mike Brown and D'Antoni...

• Like 1

Well there ya go. They actually had 5 coaches in that period since they had 3 last year. That streak is over this year though so we have a shot to catch them.

• Premium Member

I wonder, has any team ever made the playoffs for 7 straight seasons or more and under 3 different coaches?

I'd imagine not. That's such a weird stat...but such is the Hawks though. I think it has more to do with how mismanaged this club has been. I always felt like the team succeeded despite Woodson and not because of him...and he should have been moved aside as soon as the Baby Birds grew up. We needed a real coach right after that 2008 season.

I'm sure there are a couple of teams that have changed coaches mid-stride. Probably not 3 coaches though (except maybe the Lakers).

Yesterday I was seeing the schedules of us, NY and Cleveland and I think it will end like that:

NY 35W (maybe 36, but behind of us anyway because in case of a tie I think we win the tiebreak)

ATL 36W

CLE 37W

I don't know if you have seen their schedule, but if Cleveland win us they can easily win 7 games of those 8 final games. They have to play at Atlanta, Orlando and Milwaukee and then at home they have to play against Charlotte, Detroit, Boston and BKN in the final day where they could probably rest some starters.

Friday's game will be kind of a final..

That Cleveland game is pretty big...they could pull a game from under us and the rest of their schedule is marshmallow soft. Meanwhile, we got both East powerhouses vying for homecourt and only one real "gimmie" with Milwaukee...but what does it say when the worst team in the league (Philly) essentially takes us wire to wire (and damn near comes away with it)?

Any other year, we'd have started having lottery conversations months ago.

I'd imagine not. That's such a weird stat...but such is the Hawks though. I think it has more to do with how mismanaged this club has been. I always felt like the team succeeded despite Woodson and not because of him...and he should have been moved aside as soon as the Baby Birds grew up. We needed a real coach right after that 2008 season.

I'm sure there are a couple of teams that have changed coaches mid-stride. Probably not 3 coaches though (except maybe the Lakers).

Not sure who else it's happened to but as mentioned above by Ebert and MacDaddy the Lakers have done it and their run will end this year. Also as MacDaddy mentioned, the Nuggets sorta did it if you consider they had 3 coaches in their 2nd year of their playoff run but technically only 2 coaches took them to the playoffs.

ATL 36W

CLE 37W

This is near to what I'm thinking. The Cavs have such an easy remaining schedule so I can see them going on a nice little win streak. Our game Friday against them is big IMO. If we win that one I think we're pretty much playoff bound. If they win I'm thinking we see them get hot over the last several games and take the final spot from us right at the end.

They probably have slightly more will to get to the playoffs for their fans post-Lebron era.

I've been wondering what the longest playoff streak is for a team that has not made it out of the 2nd round. We have a consecutive years streak and franchise streak going. Has anyone else "accomplished" what we have?

• Like 1

The first step is to make the playoffs.

No the first step is to get talent then you try to win a ring. Making the playoffs in a horrid conference in a sport where 16 teams make it in isn't something to be proud of.

• Like 1

I remember the Pistons in the mid 2000's kept changing coaches, how many years of those were in the postseason, I'm not sure.

Good call. 8 straight years under 4 different coaches. You go way back to their beginning they had a 14 year streak under 5 different coaches. Now they're on a 4 year non-playoff streak under 4 different coaches and I'm much happier about that streak!

No the first step is to get talent then you try to win a ring. Making the playoffs in a horrid conference in a sport where 16 teams make it in isn't something to be proud of.

Then why in the hell do you even play regular season games? The goal is to make the playoffs. Then, win a series. That's why these guys make millions of dollars. That's why fans spend hundreds of dollars going to games. That's why we spend money on the league pass. It makes no sense for people to waste a ton of money for these "professionals" to purposeful lose....

• Premium Member

I don't know. I don't think we really want to make the 8th seed, but the Knicks and Cavs are behind us and aren't really better than us either. I think Cleveland passes us if anyone does.

That's questionable. They have more talent than us. Period. Both teams have been injured also.

I've been wondering what the longest playoff streak is for a team that has not made it out of the 2nd round. We have a consecutive years streak and franchise streak going. Has anyone else "accomplished" what we have?

Denver is my closest guess, 9 1st round exits in 10 years but that one conference finals appearance in the middle blows up the whole thing.