• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I noticed that Teague is no longer the whipping boy around here?

Diesel

Jeff is always up and down, so the board will be. No different than with Josh. I know it's the widest used cliche in basketball, but he truly needs to be aggressive more. When he is, we cruise, especially when he's confident in the three ball that many have been sagging off of lately.

His erratic production drives me nuts. But to say it "hasn't been a good season" for Teague when he's averaging career highs of 17/7 with a 17 PER is just incorrect. And I'm no Teague apologist, I'm all for upgrading at PG if the right scenario presents itself. But just sayin'...

• Like 1

• Moderators

It hasn't been a good season from where I am sitting. Lots of turnovers and poor shooting %s take the rosy glow off that 17 & 7. Every key number for efficiency is down from last year - 16.6 per; .086 ws/48; .533 ts%, etc. Year over year his per minute assists are down and his turnovers are up. He hasn't made the jump yet - a small step back from last year.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Ignore it and see all the other down numbers. There are no big up numbers other than rebounds up 0.5 per 36 and FGA up 1.5 per 36 (more FGA leading to more points on lower efficiency). His Fg%, 3pt% and ft%s are all down year over year.

• Moderators

Teague ranks #18 among PGs in PER this season. He has the same ranking using WS/48.

#18 in the league in per minute production isn't a step forward for me. I expect more from him. For those who don't think he is even an average point guard or for those who love him regardless of his production or for those who claim more minutes = better play due to raw numbers, this season can be considered a real success. If you are looking for average or above average production in the minutes actually played, then this season is at best treading water with no real progress: no progress relative to the rest of the league's PGs and no progress year over year for him.

It isn't the end of the world (he has helped the Hawks get into the playoffs if a 1 v 8 matchup is your cup of tea) and hopefully will represent his low point for this contract. He has the physical skills to be an above average PG but has to upgrade his intensity and mental game.

• Moderators

I love Teague on Twiiter and Instagram. He behaves exactly the way I'd expect him to. If you guys are into social media, you should give him a follow.

Instagram is @teaguehuh

Twitter is @Teague0

As Teague's play and I'm not looking to give him an excuse, but the man is our PG and he's expected to do everything. PG's shouldn't be relied upon to score. We need a slashing, scoring SF/SG (McDermott, Young, Hood, Harris) and Al to get back. Teague just needs to keep the pedal down and work on his 3pt shot and he'll be okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While we're on the stats train, Teague is 13th in the NBA out of 95 PGs according to CBSSports' "Total Player Ranking". Right about where I had him according to my eye test, around 5-7 in the East and Top 15 in the league. Not exactly under-performing his $8mil/yr salary (17th):

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerrankings/regularseason/PG?&print_rows=9999

Would an upgrade via off-season trade be nice? Absodamlutely...

Edited by hazer

Ignore it and see all the other down numbers. There are no big up numbers other than rebounds up 0.5 per 36 and FGA up 1.5 per 36 (more FGA leading to more points on lower efficiency). His Fg%, 3pt% and ft%s are all down year over year.

You're still going to confuse those types of people who are incapable of appreciating anything besides crossover dribbles and understanding nothing but raw stats.

• Like 1

Or if Teague could just CONSISTENTLY become the PG he was 3 years ago we'd be more than fine with him... unless we can get a major upgrade to him.

True, true. And I know this isn't the Trade Forum, but MAN one of my favorite dishes is Curry ;)

• Like 1

It hasn't been a good season from where I am sitting. Lots of turnovers and poor shooting %s take the rosy glow off that 17 & 7. Every key number for efficiency is down from last year - 16.6 per; .086 ws/48; .533 ts%, etc. Year over year his per minute assists are down and his turnovers are up. He hasn't made the jump yet - a small step back from last year.

Like I said…if Teague shows out in the playoffs. I swear to forget his often terrible play in many games this season.

• Moderators

Like I saidif Teague shows out in the playoffs. I swear to forget his often terrible play in many games this season.

A dominating playoff performance would be a great step forward - especially if then carried into the next season.