• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I noticed that Teague is no longer the whipping boy around here?

Diesel

• Moderators

I know this thread is, thankfully, dying but Teague deserves some props for picking it up post all star:

28 games 48% from the field, 40% from 3, 88% from the line, 18 points/6 assists per game. 2.8 rebounds and almost a steal a game

2.7 turnovers isn't so great.

Still thats a decently long stretch of some damn good play. Hoping it continues through the playoffs.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Obviously, if Teague had been playing all season long the way he has played in April there wouldn't be any haters. I think if we see this level of play sustained through the playoffs, there won't be anyone left on the Teague sucks bandwagon. When he plays with fury he is special, no denying it.

• Like 2

I know this thread is, thankfully, dying but Teague deserves some props for picking it up post all star:

28 games 48% from the field, 40% from 3, 88% from the line, 18 points/6 assists per game. 2.8 rebounds and almost a steal a game

2.7 turnovers isn't so great.

Still thats a decently long stretch of some damn good play. Hoping it continues through the playoffs.

I haven't had time to watch many games over the past month and when I do it's only a few minutes so I can't speak to his change in play but it sounds like he's being far more aggressive and shooting at a higher percentage. If he can keep the turnovers down and keep his foot on the gas while continuing to shoot like this I will have no complaints about him.

• Premium Member

Obviously, if Teague had been playing all season long the way he has played in April there wouldn't be any haters. I think if we see this level of play sustained through the playoffs, there won't be anyone left on the Teague sucks bandwagon. When he plays with fury he is special, no denying it.

This is very doubtful. Teague hate began when Smoove left and Teague signed for 8 Million per. Don't be fooled. Teague started the year off strong and the haters were here but less vocal. It wasn't until Teague had a bad middle that the Teague hate simmered up to a loud roar. However, there may be a few who criticize Teague because of his middle season inconsistent but I would say the majority would have criticized him anyway.

• Moderators

LOL! And did you notice that some of the WS supporters claimed that they haven't seen Teague lately but yet was bashing him last week?? Awesome fan base!

They were looking at his entire season while some Teague lovers only pay attention when he is doing well. Those are two different topics.

• Premium Member

They were looking at his entire season while some Teague lovers only pay attention when he is doing well. Those are two different topics.

I want y'all to stand strong instead of reversing your previous strong opinions against Teague. Its going to be fun digging up those old threads when Teague becomes an all star! LOL!

This is very doubtful. Teague hate began when Smoove left and Teague signed for 8 Million per. Don't be fooled. Teague started the year off strong and the haters were here but less vocal. It wasn't until Teague had a bad middle that the Teague hate simmered up to a loud roar. However, there may be a few who criticize Teague because of his middle season inconsistent but I would say the majority would have criticized him anyway.

This I can attest to....remember there were a minority few who thought that Dennis should start.

Like @Diesel said - Teague started the season on a tear, with serious ASG considerations being the talk. When Al went down he struggled mightily in all aspects of his game.

I'm just glad he is playing well at the right time - going into the playoffs. Here's to hoping he elevates his game even further in the playoffs.

• Moderators

I want y'all to stand strong instead of reversing your previous strong opinions against Teague. Its going to be fun digging up those old threads when Teague becomes an all star! LOL!

Not at all. I am talking about looking at the entire season instead of the last week. Sample size matters.

When Teague makes his play of the last week his regular play, he will build up a significant sample size at that level and then it will be time to say he has made the leap above his current middle-of-the-pack status.

To put this another way, it isn't all that useful to get super-excited about a hot week of shooting or a cold week of shooting. Instead, look at his overall season shooting. Once he demonstrates significantly improved or worse shooting over a longer period of time, you move the analysis then. He has had weeks where he looks like a clear top 10 PG and weeks where he looks like a clear bottom 10 PG.

Overall his season has been middle of the pack. I not only am willing to change my mind on him, I am hoping to see it happen. I won't jump the gun to start calling him one of the best PGs in the entire league without some meaningful sample size, though.

@AHF Maybe you should break down Tesgue's game for the season into 4 quarters.

Teague had some impressive games and some butt ugly games. Those are the facts.

It's All about CONSISTENCY or lack thereof.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

LOL! And did you notice that some of the WS supporters claimed that they haven't seen Teague lately but yet was bashing him last week?? Awesome fan base!

Could you be more passive aggressive? If you've got a problem quit being the biggest woman on the board1 and say something directly. Show me where I bashed Teague last week for a game he played? And RIF I said I've seen parts of the games.

1 Sorry @JayBirdHawk I realize that is a bit insulting to you but it's not meant to be.

• Premium Member

@AHF Maybe you should break down Tesgue's game for the season into 4 quarters.

Teague had some impressive games and some butt ugly games. Those are the facts.

It's All about CONSISTENCY or lack thereof.

Here is the problem I have with this inconsistent label..Teague has had far more above average games than Butt Ugly games.

• Premium Member

I won't hesitate to give my $.02 but at the end of the day I am saying he is a middle of the pack pg. I don't think that makes him a whipping boy, rather I think the notion that he is a top pg is blowing smoke. He needs to take another big step or two in his development to hit that point.

Personally, I think discussion of his game has been overshadowed by the playoff/lottery race lately. Nothing had directionally changed on his season since a few weeks ago.

That's what the Teague lovers refuse to admit is that he's a middle of the pack PG getting paid too much. I showed that in another thread how he under performs for his salary group but of course that's too advanced for some on here to consider.

macdaddy, on 09 Apr 2014 - 4:13 PM, said:snapback.png

I've got to disagree with you guys because the 'discussions' i've been in haven't been you guys saying he's a middle of the pack point guard at all. Many of the comments i've seen from several of you have been that he is a poor and below average point guard which i do take issue with. There may be some that think he is elite but it's not me and I haven't seen many people saying he's an elite PG. There again i've been staying away from the Teague talk because it's somewhat pointless now.

Statistically he is below average this year and exactly average for his career. I've never said otherwise. For me that's not worth 8 million per but maybe for others he's worth that. Honestly I think it's been too long since Hawks fans have seen actual good PG play and see more in Teague than there is.

Too bad he didn't make that shot! You know it's an epic move when the opposing crowd is oohing and ahhing

Did you see Joe Johnsons reaction? Lmao!! I love Joe!

Too bad he didn't make that shot! You know it's an epic move when the opposing crowd is oohing and ahhing

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here is the problem I have with this inconsistent label..Teague has had far more above average games than Butt Ugly games.

Very true - I thought that's why the census was that he was average.

Now I'm confused.

Anyway - like I said before I'm glad he's playing great going into the playoffs!