• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Have we been passed by Washington and Charlotte?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Four teams in a rebuild situation:

Washington, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Detroit.

Washington gets Gortat in the offseason.

Charlotte gets Big Al in the offseason.

Atlanta gets Millsap and DMCtheallltimegreat in the offseason.'

Detroit gets Smoove and Jennings in the offseason.

Charlotte has no allstars.

Washington has John Wall

Atlanta has Millsap

Detroit has none.

BUT...at the end of the day....

Charlotte = #6, Washington = #7, Atlanta = #8.

Are they really better than us?

Four teams in a rebuild situation:

Washington, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Detroit.

Washington gets Gortat in the offseason.

Charlotte gets Big Al in the offseason.

Atlanta gets Millsap and DMCtheallltimegreat in the offseason.'

Detroit gets Smoove and Jennings in the offseason.

Charlotte has no allstars.

Washington has John Wall

Atlanta has Millsap

Detroit has none.

BUT...at the end of the day....

Charlotte = #6, Washington = #7, Atlanta = #8.

Are they really better than us?

we had injuries
  • Like 3

No. Injuries. 3rd in the East without 'em. Flexibility, cap space, drafting, player development, coaching hopefully takes us to the next level (ECFs).

Edited by hazer
  • Like 3

• Moderators

Without the injuries... where do you put us in the East?

3rd or 4th this year and you left out Toronto. Where do they fall? I'm not that sold on Charlotte. Washington I'm impressed with and i'm usually never impressed with them. Still I don't think Gortat is that good. I think he's still riding the glow of his Nash stats. But what do i know. I've seen him play about 3 times this year.

Without the injuries... where do you put us in the East?

3rd 4th tops. We are better than detroit washington and charlotte. Weve shown that without horford and even with horford. Imaging us keeping core pieces and having draft pick around 15 in both rounds. Which i predict will be sf and sg, probably c depending on ebs retirement decision

We would've done much better against the middle-tier West teams with Al in the fold. San An and OKC would've still given it to us, but the struggles we've had versus teams we've faired well in the past against like Memphis, Phoenix, and Portland wouldve been much different. We have a impressive record in Conference and at home. We all know Al would've had one of those monster months like Jefferson had and propelled us to a comfortable 3, close 2 with the way Indy has fallen off a cliff.

Washington and Charlotte both have better records than us THIS season - but that's about it. When they've done that for at least two consecutive years ok - otherwise Nothing to see here.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

I don't think so. Look at their standings vs. the West and look at where the bulk of their wins are coming from. As much as some people want to deny it, the East is soft. It's making teams look a lot better than they are.

BUT...we're a better team than where we are even without Horford. With everyone in the East where they're SUPPOSED to be, I'd say we're the 4th/5th seed behind Chicago. I think we're there even with Rose injured. I would have expected the Knicks to make the playoffs at worse around 6th...leaving these rebuilding teams to fight for the 8th spot.

• Premium Member

I think it requires some figuring. We say that we'd be 3rd is the consensus. BUT... That's 11 games more.

Where do they come from? Let me help you.

Chicago beat us 4-0.

New Orleans beat us 2-0.

Portland Beat us 2-0

Phoenix beat us 2-0.

Detroit tied us 2-2.

Toronto 2-2

NY 2-2

Indiana 2-2.

OKC 0-2

SAS 0-2

MEM 0-2

MIA 1-2

ORL 2-2

MIN 1-1

BRK 0-2

LAL 1-1

LAC 1-1

WAS 1-3

So let's start here. I believe we can get 1 from Chicago. 2 From New Orleans. 1 from Phoenix. 1 from Detroit. 1 from NY. 2 from ORL. 1 From LAL. 1 From Washington.

I think we would be 4th in the East.

I think it requires some figuring. We say that we'd be 3rd is the consensus. BUT... That's 11 games more.

Where do they come from? Let me help you.

Chicago beat us 4-0.

New Orleans beat us 2-0.

Portland Beat us 2-0

Phoenix beat us 2-0.

Detroit tied us 2-2.

Toronto 2-2

NY 2-2

Indiana 2-2.

OKC 0-2

SAS 0-2

MEM 0-2

MIA 1-2

ORL 2-2

MIN 1-1

BRK 0-2

LAL 1-1

LAC 1-1

WAS 1-3

So let's start here. I believe we can get 1 from Chicago. 2 From New Orleans. 1 from Phoenix. 1 from Detroit. 1 from NY. 2 from ORL. 1 From LAL. 1 From Washington.

I think we would be 4th in the East.

Losses to Detroit and LAL irk me the most. I can accept losing to Orlando before those awfully constructed/ coached teams. Wish we could've snagged one from NO. Chicago is clearly our nemesis, I got us down for another sweep next year. I hope like hell we can get Brooklyn this last time. Going over to London and laying an egg was a ridiculous waste of time and travel. Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

Losses to Detroit and LAL irk me the most. I can accept losing to Orlando before those awfully constructed/ coached teams. Wish we could've snagged one from NO. Chicago is clearly our nemesis, I got us down for another sweep next year. I hope like hell we can get Brooklyn this last time. Going over to London and laying an egg was a ridiculous waste of time and travel.

As you look over the teams that beat us. FOR THE MOST PART.. Those teams have good big men. I specifically remember us having no answer for Davis. I think Drummond worked us over too.

Yes Charlotte and Washington are better than the Hawks. Without Horford going down the Hawks would have fumbled a bit, but not as bad as they have. If healthy all season I believe this team could win around 45 games. So 4th seed perhaps?

Anyway I don't think there are many teams the Hawks could beat in a 7 game series right now. Milwaukee and Philly would get at least a game against the Hawks. I am confident they would win a series against them though. Boston and Detroit would be a dog fight. Anyone else from the east would beat the Hawks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Premium Member

Yes Charlotte and Washington are better than the Hawks. Without Horford going down the Hawks would have fumbled a bit, but not as bad as they have. If healthy all season I believe this team could win around 45 games. So 4th seed perhaps?

Anyway I don't think there are many teams the Hawks could beat in a 7 game series right now. Milwaukee and Philly would get at least a game against the Hawks. I am confident they would win a series against them though. Boston and Detroit would be a dog fight. Anyone else from the east would beat the Hawks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

picard.gif

I don't think that Detroit was suppose to be a rebuilding team. We have been devasted by injuries and we have nothing to show for two lottery picks last season.

What LOTTERY picks did we have?