• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Have we been passed by Washington and Charlotte?

Diesel

Hawks are destroying the Bobnets as we speak. With Cartier, Mack, Shredder, Scott, Lou, Brand. Has Charlotte passed us? Nope nopeity nope!

Took their starters a last-second miracle shot to defeat our 2nd/3rd stringers for their sole win against the Hawks this season. Korver, DMC, and Sap all sat. Hawks are clearly better than the Bobnets.

• Premium Member

Were comparing two teams that haven't been in the playoffs in forever to a franchise that has been in flux for 6 years with coaches and personnel, yet and still with a playoffs streak as long? You know damn well those teams aren't gonna be contenders, short or long term. We're creeping up on Dallas and San An territory with consecutive playoff streaks, you may have heard they have won it all recently. It was because those franchises developed a winning culture by uhh, actually trying to win. You don't learn sh@t or develop any habits in the strip club while the playoffs are going on waiting for some 19 YO kid to come save you. I guarantee you the smart players in the league are taking notice of how united and organized our operation is now and how we've fought like dogs without a 2-Time All-Star Out-Of-Position C for most of the year, even if some of the "Hawks Fans" don't.

I agree and disagree with what you say Ben.

First, I disagree because people have a habit of singling out teams/players and ignoring the bigger picture. Surely it looks bleak and unpromising on an individual basis. However, on the whole, it gets done...and someone lands legit talent. That's when we very conveniently forget how these cornerstones get set into place as that team rises to the top. These teams do win for years and years, but the catalyst to that success is a special talent that is always directly tied to the rebuilding effort.

This is where these teams are right now, so I agree that we haven't been passed. Our team is much better than it's record and we do have this playoff streak going on.

Still, that just reinforces my first point. Billy Knight stripped this team down, drafted talent, and rebuilt it. You can't really knock the process (or teams in the middle of that process)...when the core of it leads you to six consecutive playoff appearances - a huge cornerstone actually coming from WINNING the lottery that people hate so much:

If you appreciate our playoff run...then you kinda have to give a huge chuck of credit to rebuilding through the draft. You also can't really knock teams for putting their hopes on it.

Took their starters a last-second miracle shot to defeat our 2nd/3rd stringers for their sole win against the Hawks this season. Korver, DMC, and Sap all sat. Hawks are clearly better than the Bobnets.

Only starter they had in the game was Jefferson in that 4th quarter. It was their bench that won the game for them.

• Moderators

Only starter they had in the game was Jefferson in that 4th quarter. It was their bench that won the game for them.

Well for better or worse there isn't the same drop off between some of their starters and bench as ours. CDR, Neal, Tolliver are all averaging nearly as many minutes as some of their starters. and Ridnour's no slouch. Probably points to our starters being better than theirs and our bench being a little worse maybe.

Oh come on, you know our scrubs (and I say that lovingly) nearly ran them outta the building. If you wanna split hairs about the 4th quarter, Bud sat Teague and Antić in the 4th too. Plain and simple: Hawks are a better team than the Bobnets.

Edited by hazer