• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Just don't see Ferry doing any better than this....

JTB

With these 3 things against us every off season.

1. Big time free agents never usually come here.

2. With us probably making the playoffs, we are ruled out of top tier talent in the draft.

3. The value of the trade hasn't really be on our side as you can see if you keep up with the NBA teams that even trade away star player RARELY get value back.

Keep that in mind and Ferry can't really do any better than keeping the majority of these hard fighting guys we already have and throwing out the best lineup possible. Knowing that I only see TWO possible lineups that could assemble to be a 50 win team next year.

1st best lineup option:

Pg-Teague

Sg-Carroll

Sf- Sap

Pf-horford

C-sign a bigger center or start Pero

Bench will include Dennis, Lou, Korver, Bebe

2nd best lineup option:

Pg-Teague

Sg-sign lance stephenson

Sf-Sap

Pf-Horford

C-Pero or if possible Asik

Bench will include Lou, Korver, DMC, Dennis, Bebe

The 2nd option is probably a lot more unrealistic to get lance and Asik but add either one a move Sap to the 3 and we are a 50 win team next season hands down.....but again this is just my opinion. As for championships go, I think our team would have a lot of heart and will actually have the opportunity at making it to the ECF! And that's a great start.

We have to remember that guys like lance and or Asik can make a drastic difference on this team especially with the physical tough players that are already here in DMC, Sap, Horford even Korver tries to be physical! Add lance or asik and it will become an addiction to the whole team.

• Moderators

The topic confused me because i thought you were saying that we wouldn't get any better than this year. I see now that you are proposing that the best offseason for us would be getting Asik and/or Stephenson.

I think there's going to be some surprises. Asik's contract seems like a major roadblock to him coming here. Stephenson i don't know. Indy's situation seems volatile.

There are a lot of guys headed to free agency and a lot of teams looking to make changes. Monroe, Bosh, Deng, Hayward, Bledsoe, Gasol, Stuckey, Gortat, Granger, Ariza, Sefolosha, Frye,

I'd be surprised if we don't go shopping and land at least a quality rotation player. We don't have a lot to trade unless we trade Millsap or Horford. Demarre and Kyle are staying I'd think.

The topic confused me because i thought you were saying that we wouldn't get any better than this year. I see now that you are proposing that the best offseason for us would be getting Asik and/or Stephenson.

I think there's going to be some surprises. Asik's contract seems like a major roadblock to him coming here. Stephenson i don't know. Indy's situation seems volatile.

There are a lot of guys headed to free agency and a lot of teams looking to make changes. Monroe, Bosh, Deng, Hayward, Bledsoe, Gasol, Stuckey, Gortat, Granger, Ariza, Sefolosha, Frye,

I'd be surprised if we don't go shopping and land at least a quality rotation player. We don't have a lot to trade unless we trade Millsap or Horford. Demarre and Kyle are staying I'd think.

Oh sorry about the topic confusion…….in reply to your post and not to be negative but I don't see Monroe getting away from Detroit (they will likely offer him a huge deal), Bosh leaving the heat (if he can help it), Deng coming to the hawks (Im sure he wants to return to a sure title contender team and may even go back to the bulls), Hayward is on the rise (Jazz aren't just going to let him walk nor should they), Bledsoe just got to PHX (PHX is committed to him and Dragic for their backcourt), Gasol isn't coming here just because there really is no need to plus Im sure he wants to win another ring before he retires, Stuckey I will take but Im not ultra excited to have, Gortat finally just got in another good situation and that hasn't happened for him since he left the magic (I don't see him coming here) The rest you listed I will take but none of those players are a greater impact than Lance or Asik in my opinion….maybe a few but most no.

• Moderators

86% of the nba will do that too or worse.

It is the worse part that is up for debate. Is it worse to draft Andrew Wiggins or get bounced in the first round in lopsided fashion? To many, picking up Wiggins is doing better.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Just how many Wiggins are there again?

One Wiggins.

One Exum.

One Embiid.

One Parker.

One Smart.

One Randall.

One Gordon.

One Vonleh.

Etc.

Seems like a good year to be in the lottery.

• Like 1

My gut is predicting at least 5 All-Stars out of this lottery.

All Star or superstar? All Star doesn't mean much for me since this team has had 9 selections in the past 7 years and that hasn't equated to outstanding team success.

In a year where a 35 win team has a commanding lead for a playoff spot I have to wonder if it's all good massacring your team for a shot at these guys. Wiggins and Embiid look the most intriguing, yea, but the rest look like they could be dreaded tweeners and lord forbid Ferry be put in a position to select another foreigner in Exum.

• Moderators

A foreigner like Dirk or Parker or Manu or Gasol, etc. would not break my heart.

This draft will have multiple non-redheaded-stepchild All-Stars - the kind who don't get picked among the very last players and make no impact. Ie not like Joe Johnson, Horford or Millsap.

• Like 2