• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Nets

lethalweapon3

They were injured. At least that's the excuse Hawks fans would give.

- No Deron

- No Blatche

- No Anderson

- No Livingston

- No Lopez

Regardless of injuries, that was a good win by the Hawks tonight. If you're hurt, oh well. Suck it up and keep playing.

Damn, they're so stacked I didn't even realize all those cats were missing, sans Lopez of course. Deron is so maligned I don't think he matters to their team chemistry (probably better off in a suit), but Blatche, Livingston, and Anderson were big losses. I hate Teletovic, he usually shoots us down. Thornton tried to give them a lift, but Kirilenko looked like the borderline guy he is now, and Joe laid an egg, and it cost them. I'm one of the few KG fans on this board, but he needs to hang it up. No excuses for them though, Lou Williams played. Edited by benhillboy

My thoughts on the game:

1. I didn't know about the replay rule regarding block/charge in last 2 minutes- good rule and reversal

2. Millsap was beasting tonight. They had no answer for him.

3. Teague shook his brother baaaaad

4. Outstanding defense by DMC on Joe esp on the last possession

5. 1/19 from 3 and still a win - nice

6. We won the rebounding battle

7. I still can't stand KG and PP

8. What was Marcus Thornton's problem? Just flaling n cussing all nite. Was he always like that or is KG rubbing off on him?

• Premium Member

As many have already said, I can't stand KG and PP. I'm really glad we got that win.

I wish I could pull for Joe to have some playoff success this year, but I'll never hope for anything good to happen to KG and PP. They are easily two of my least favorite people in all professional sports (and anything beyond sports too).

We looked good tonight..come playoff time are we going to see this team or the team that showed up against the Pistons? I guess we really have no way to know, but at this point I hope we keep on winning and play some good basketball before and during the playoffs.

Near the end, Garnett deliberately kicked one of the Hawks.

When he objected to this treatment, both players got a teck.

My question: How did Garnett get by with this kick? It was

right out there for everyone to see and it was shown several

times on replay on TV.

Is it any wonder that Garnett is so loved?

Another question: Did we win or did the Nets just lose this one?

Hawks may not be great but, dang, they are good!!

GO ATL HAWKS

PS: And the Braves won!

Maybe these past few wins will quiet the tankers. We're in a great spot in regards to making the playoffs. Both us and the Knicks have three games left and for the Knicks to bump us out they need to win all three and we have to lose all three. Go Hawks!

• Like 1