• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - HEAT

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Follow the Sixers and the Lakers, bruh. They sound like your type of teams. We've beaten the 2 Top teams in the East handily twice, secured the longest active playoff streak in the East, and you're sitting here bitching?!

You really think that will be the level of effort we see from either of those teams in the playoffs? Really? Smh.

• Premium Member

Follow the Sixers and the Lakers, bruh. They sound like your type of teams. We've beaten the 2 Top teams in the East handily twice, secured the longest active playoff streak in the East, and you're sitting here bitching?!

But it would be more fun to rebuild. That way we can sit through 4 years of not making the playoffs and then get back to getting bumped in the second round for 4-5 years and then rebuild again!

• Like 3

You really think that will be the level of effort we see from either of those teams in the playoffs? Really? Smh.

They were only fighting for Homecourt advantage throughout the Eastern Playoffs this past week, no big deal right? Conincidnce Wade came back tonight, too, right? A back-to-back championship team laying down against us makes sense. Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

They were only fighting for Homecourt advantage throughout the Eastern Playoffs this past week, no big deal right? Conincidnce Wade came back tonight, too, right? A back-to-back championship team laying down against us makes sense.

Yes, something both teams seem to care enough about that the Pacers rested their entire starting five with home court up in the air.

You also completely avoided what I asked. Do you really think we'll beat either of those teams in the playoffs? If the answer is no, which is the only correct answer, then making the playoffs was yet another moronic decision by this franchise.

Edited by Sothron

• Premium Member

It's the weakest eastern conference, perhaps of all time. The number 1 seed, Indiana, would be bottom seed if they played in the west. Last time the eastern conference was this week was the season after Jordan retired. Guess who made it to the finals that year? The #8 seed.

• Like 1

The fans on this site never cease to amaze me with there dislike for this franchise.

The fans on this site never cease to amaze me with there dislike for this franchise.

I'm sure double posting was a mistake, but say it one more time, brother. Jesus Christ. As if there have never been any busts in lottery history. If you can't see past the record of this team and see the brilliant brand of ball they play with hopes of a lottery pick being a savior, then you probably aren't even a real basketball fan, let alone Hawks Fan. You're just a fan of charismatic über athletes like a child or something. Buy a MCW jersey and a foam finger. Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I'm sure double posting was a mistake, but say it one more time. Jesus Christ. As if there have never been any busts in lottery history.

As opposed to "as if there have never been any superstars in lottery history"? Smh

Quick four game sweep and then our mid teen pick they can stash overseas again. They should pay us to be fans for this.

Congrats Hawks!!! Players and coaches - you put the work in and stuck together despite the injuries.

See you in the playoffs!

I went through this entire season and did not throw anything at my TV! This brand of basketball was a joy to watch.

• Premium Member

Sothron is still bitter because Hawks didn't tank and get to draft another great

player like Marvin Williams..

If you are such a great fan of the top two eastern teams, both of which

have lost to our Hawks within the week, that you sincerely believe that

they can easily sweep this Hawk team in four games, why do you bother

to follow the Hawks at all?

In your estimation, this Hawk team certainly isn't great and not even very good.

However, some of us nuts who follow the team still get excited when they win

a game like this one.

You mean I'm not excited we don't have a chance to draft a superstar like Lebron or CP3 or D12? Then yes, I am bitter. I am sick and tired of these completely pathetic playoff "runs" that have zero point zero chance of ever winning a title or even getting TO the Finals.

If mediocrity makes you happy then be happy with the product we've had to endure as fans. Some of us want more than mediocrity. I don't need to have my fanhood attacked because I can see the forest through the trees.

• Moderators

~lw3

Excuse me. I didn't realize that D12, CP3 OR Lebron were in this year's draft

and all we, as a Hawk team, had to do was miss the playoffs and be guaranteed

that we would get one of these three.

Dang. Someone should keep me informed about this.

Now I know. We missed our superstar, for certain, by making the playoffs.

If this team is mediocre, then I'm all for it, especially the way they have played

recently. Saying someone couldn't see the forest for the trees, have you

taken a close look lately? You may have missed something.

GO ATL !!

• Like 4

• Moderators

When Teague balls (is aggressive) this team is more fun to watch and just better.

Not only that but this was his first 0 TO game all season. He needs to take this into the playoffs. Plenty of potential to take this season to another level.

• Like 4

As opposed to "as if there have never been any superstars in lottery history"? Smh

Quick four game sweep and then our mid teen pick they can stash overseas again. They should pay us to be fans for this.

So if we lost our playoff spot to New York and gained a #12 pick we would be in a better position?

• Moderators

For our draft lovers out there, we're also a lock for that 15th pick (best non-Lotto pick), assuming we don't trade out of it.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-draft-history/?eyear=2013&syear=1957&spick=15

Last few years (including some pretty bad drafts), #15 yielded Giannis Alphabet, "How Can You Be" Mo Harkless, Budenholzer's fave Kawhi Leonard, and Larry "Puff Puff Pass" Sanders. Warts and all, I'll take any of that quality at #15 to add to a robo-tittied Al Horford and this roster. Do it right, and a young Al Jefferson or Steve Nash talent can fall into your lap. Do it wrong (like THE KNICKS! Sorry, New York! What's Spike drinking right now?) and you pass up Ron Artest for Freddy Weis. I'm downright giddy about the options in what's supposed to be a good draft.

Of course, plenty of time for that stuff. Tonight's about what we have right now. Go Hawks!

~lw3

• Like 2