• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Merged: Lance Stephenson Mega Thread

GameTime

I think Supes means that Stephenson will hold the ball from time to time and run the offense himself, in which he's correct.

That is one of his pluses; he can handle the ball. But he does it when its called for. Not on the fly; like Josh refusing to give Teague the ball on the way up the court :(

• Like 3

That is one of his pluses; he can handle the ball. But he does it when its called for. Not on the fly; like Josh refusing to give Teague the ball on the way up the court :(

You act as if Josh matter or did that everytime. Josh did it but it wasn't as much as we mention it on here and never liked Smoove ever. I just won't lie on him just like I won't lie on Lance. You tend to make excuses and understate reality when it comes to Lance. That's fine but don't expect ppl to agree when they don't see any validality in your opinions.

I am talking about with women and illegal altercations. He was 17 - 18 years old, and 18 - 19 years old. Not justifying anything; but if no one ever grew up, a lot of kids would go from petty shop lifting, like bubble gum and candy bars, straight to prison.

Some people change for the better; some do not.

Context is everything. People act like Stephenson did these things last week. Outside of the Turner fight, dude hasn't had many disciplinary issues. Even Jordan fought a few of his teammates.

Context is everything. People act like Stephenson did these things last week. Outside of the Turner fight, dude hasn't had many disciplinary issues. Even Jordan fought a few of his teammates.

Mentioning Michael Jordan in a Lance Stephenson conversation...

I think Supes means that Stephenson will hold the ball from time to time and run the offense himself, in which he's correct.

As opposed to Hill who will bring the ball up past halfcourt, pass it off to whoever is standing by the 3 point line and then run and go hide in the corner? Yes I would agree that the ball moves more when it's in Hill's hands as he has zero capabilities as an initiator and thus gives it up at the earliest chance but I don't fault Vogel or Lance for seeing the advantages in having SOME playmaking come from a primary ball handler. It shouldn't be a detraction for Lance, George and even West that they are better passers and playmakers than their so called starting "PG" so I don't know why we are trying to frame the situation as being similar to Josh keeping the ball out of Jeffrey's hands.

• Like 2

I don't give a damn if the off the court stuff happened 10 years ago, I don't want that type of human on my team. You never ever put your hands on a woman or kid, period.

But recently his pouting and fist fighting teammates happened this year and those are major red flags for me. I could deal with them but I'm over Lance knowing his off court issues.

• Like 1

I don't give a damn if the off the court stuff happened 10 years ago, I don't want that type of human on my team. You never ever put your hands on a woman or kid, period.

But recently his pouting and fist fighting teammates happened this year and those are major red flags for me. I could deal with them but I'm over Lance knowing his off court issues.

I hear ya to a large extent, but I think the FO hears ya even more. I don't think Stephenson is the type of personality for this FO. Doubt he comes here, talented as he is.

• Like 1

I go back and forth on Lance a lot..but at the end of the day I don't want him. If you give him Horford's attitude I would be all over signing him. He's talented but I don't think he is worth the risk.

Plus, I get annoyed when he just palms the ball and dribbles into a bad shot. The crowd always gets so excited that he can hold the ball and move it around in the air.

• Like 1

The point is that even great players have fought their own teammates. So a young player like Lance getting into it with a teammate shouldn't be a determining factor on if we should acquire him.

Westbrook and Durant did not get physical; but they were anything but amicable during that last blow out loss to the Spurs. And this is not the first time their competitive juices and the the heat of a moment have caused them to have less than friendly feelings for each other.

You put a bunch of Alpha dogs together for any amount of time, they are going to eventually butt heads. If not, then one is not a Alpha.

Westbrook and Durant did not get physical; but they were anything but amicable during that last blow out loss to the Spurs. And this is not the first time their competitive juices and the the heat of a moment have caused them to have less than friendly feelings for each other.

You put a bunch of Alpha dogs together for any amount of time, they are going to eventually butt heads. If not, then one is not a Alpha.

I think we're seeing Westbrook's last games in OKC in this series. Barring a miracle comeback, they've got to break that up as Westbrook just takes too much away from Durant. One play in particular the other night Durant is wide open for 3 and waving his arms but instead of passing Westbrook charges into the lane and puts up and ugly contested shot. Cut to timeout and they're barking at each other on the way to the bench.

• Like 1

He's a state filler. Reminds me of Kobe in the sense that he puts up stats in several categories. Obviously he's not the scorer Kobe is, be his defense is very good. Why would he leave Indy? He just started to blossom there.

Money. Indy aren't likely to spend into the lux tax, something that is a likelihood if he receives anywhere near market value that top tier wings have received the past few years.

• Premium Member

This dude has made foolish comment after foolish comment. He doesn't have any mental composure. I don't care how talented he is. No thanks. The Hawks have enough problems and they don't need him adding more.