• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: Lance Stephenson Mega Thread

GameTime

If he signs with Charlotte then God help us we'll never hear the end of it!

Lol. I hope he signs with an insignificant team in the west and this thread dies lol. Seriously people if you like Lance you would love a team that's not currently in the nba right now by the name if the Harlem Golbetrotters. Go watch them dribble the ball for 20 minutes on one possession. Personally I enjoy watching the ball move like a hot potato.

Edited by Spud2Nique

Do y'all realize how hard it is to lead the league in triple doubles from the 2? The kid is too talented and cheap to just turn your nose up at him. The only reason for the perception of him over dribbling is the fact that he's waiting for someone to make an aggressive move off the ball from the Pacers, that usually comes late or not at all. If they do, he hits em in stride, every time. If not, he has above average skills off the dribble or taking a contested jumper.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

Do y'all realize how hard it is to lead the league in triple doubles from the 2? The kid is too talented and cheap to just turn your nose up at him. The only reason for the perception of him over dribbling is the fact that he's waiting for someone to make an aggressive move off the ball from the Pacers, that usually comes late or not at all. If they do, he hits em in stride, every time. If not, he has above average skills off the dribble or taking a contested jumper.

Just like he hits his woman in stride. Bam!

• Like 1

Oh, there are some Ferry detractors that will talk about him even more if he signs in those places. Even if we end up with a guy like Parsons instead.

So true man; and chances are some of them will be the ones who don't want Lance right now ;) If Lance improves next season like he has every year in the league, I can already see the flip flops on him coming our way!

• Premium Member

@TheNorthCydeRises will be sure to let us all know how good his HorCats are doing with Lance I'm sure smile3.gif

I can see it now:

The HorCats are now on the path to dynasty status with the Immovable Object Al Jefferson and the Implacable Force Lance Stephenson on the same squad. Whatcha gonna do, brother, when HorCatmania runs WILD on YOU???

• Like 2

If he signs with Charlotte then God help us we'll never hear the end of it!

That works both ways though. If he fails in Charlotte, I'm sure a multitude of people will throw it right in my face . . as well they should.

But if he succeeds in Charlotte, and we don't adequately address the SG/SF depth issue on this team, I wonder if people will change their tune about the decisions that the GM is making, as far as adding talent to this team.

• Like 2

That works both ways though. If he fails in Charlotte, I'm sure a multitude of people will throw it right in my face . . as well they should.

But if he succeeds in Charlotte, and we don't adequately address the SG/SF depth issue on this team, I wonder if people will change their tune about the decisions that the GM is making, as far as adding talent to this team.

The only way he fails is if he gets tossed out of games and suspended; his head problems. Talent wise, barring a major injury, failure is not an option.

I don't care if Lance goes on to be a hall of famer, I would rather have DMC all day than someone who'd push a woman down the stairs. It just boggles my mind how anyone could get behind a dirtbag like that.

I hope people recognize it's not that simple though. Each situation is different so just because he succeeded/failed there doesn't mean the same would happen here and vice versa.

I do, however, already question our GM's decisions so I'm hoping Ferry succeeds in spite of himself FWIW.

This is true. And this will be the rationale that most Hawks fans will use, if he does succeed in Charlotte.

But if we're going to use that rationale . .

- maybe Chris Paul doesn't turn into a star player, if we take him

- maybe Brandon Roy would've been a bust just like Shelden

- and maybe Yi Jilian would've been just as good as Horford, if we took him at #3

Edited by TheNorthCydeRises

I don't care if Lance goes on to be a hall of famer, I would rather have DMC all day than someone who'd push a woman down the stairs. It just boggles my mind how anyone could get behind a dirtbag like that.

I have to agree with this post...I don't want that baggage on the Hawks. Done.