• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: Lance Stephenson Mega Thread

GameTime

He is not exactly like Josh. He knows his strengths and has never been accused of being a chucker/ball hog. Passes the ball very well for a true shooting guard.

I like his talent; I worry about his temper. Its not his court awareness/bbiq ( Josh anyone ) that gets him in trouble. Its his temper.

Edited by Buzzard

Indy had a chance, but West and George simply weren't themselves after the eye and head injuries, respectively. Lance needed some help.

I never really understood all the talk of him being "erratic" and "out of control". His style is unorthodox to say the least, but his IQ shines through in most of the things he's does: Van Gundy finally quoted Vogel saying as much. The little polish that he needs is nothing for Bud: soften that jumper up and cut out some unneccessary dribbling. He definately could've defended better in the second half and should've found a way to take advantage of Cole in the post (exquisite cross-matches by Spo, though).

Besides that, I can't take my eyes off the kid, especially when he gets it going like he did in the third. One of the more mysterious yet cool things in the league is how he stands with Donnie Walsh and Larry when he's supposed to be on the bench.

Edited by benhillboy

Lance is like another Ron Artest.

I don't think Lance will ever go into the stands but he is fiery. That can be good or bad depending on how he channels it. Is he worth the risk? I think so. If we do well with a SF in this draft and add Stephenson, we would be a tough match up for anyone.

This is what Stephenson brings. A toughness on the perimeter that also translates to rebounding on the defensive end.

I don't think Lance will ever go into the stands but he is fiery. That can be good or bad depending on how he channels it. Is he worth the risk? I think so. If we do well with a SF in this draft and add Stephenson, we would be a tough match up for anyone.

This is what Stephenson brings. A toughness on the perimeter that also translates to rebounding on the defensive end.

Lance is more selfish than Ron Ron. Ron is more crazy tho.

LOL. So now people are back in "like" with Stephenson?

Stay on his bandwagon folks. His talent is going nowhere. His temperament can be controlled by a good coach that he respects.

I could probably "like" him for 9-10 million but anything more than that and someone else can take the risk.

He's a talent, I don't like his fit in this system. I think he is a great for Indy and Charlotte. Not so much for us.

Care to elaborate how a guard that ....

- can defend at the SG position

- is a very willing passer

- can play the point at times

- can shoot the 3

- can create his own shot

- and is easily the best rebounding SG in the league

... isn't a fit for Bud's system?

• Premium Member

- can shoot the 3

Simple. He's bat crap crazy. I shudder to think what he would do in Atlanta with the night life available to him.

• Like 1

Simple. He's bat crap crazy. I shudder to think what he would do in Atlanta with the night life available to him.

Sothron ... All I can tell you is that at some point, we're going to have to take a gamble on someone. If any coach can keep him under control and get the most out of him, it's Bud.

It's funny though. Mike Scott can gallop on a horse and smack his own butt after making a 3, and Hawks fans love it. But Stephenson doing anything to call attention to himself on the court draws the ire of the fan base.

Personally, I think the Atlanta casual fan base in particular would not only embrace Stephenson, but might even want to come out to see him.

I'll stand by the statement I made a few weeks back ... He's Scottie Pippen lite. Give that guy a bigger role, and watch him flourish.

- can shoot the 3

Mentally, he isn't all the way there.

Consistency

Can he be trusted as the #1 option?

Have the tensity to stand around on offense in periods of the game.

Can be a loose cannon in terms of temper.

Can try to take over and needs to understand when he should pass and shoot at points of the game. He can do both but better decision making is vital.

I don't see him as a superstar but I like him as much as I like Harden.

I don't agree with that. He's just a fiery guy who has to work on controlling his temper. But the kid LOVES basketball and works his tail off. Artest was crazy and there's countless things outside of basketball that point to that but I can't recall anything about Stephenson outside of basketball that would lead me to believe he's crazy.

• Like 2

Sothron ... All I can tell you is that at some point, we're going to have to take a gamble on someone. If any coach can keep him under control and get the most out of him, it's Bud.

It's funny though. Mike Scott can gallop on a horse and smack his own butt after making a 3, and Hawks fans love it. But Stephenson doing anything to call attention to himself on the court draws the ire of the fan base.

Personally, I think the Atlanta casual fan base in particular would not only embrace Stephenson, but might even want to come out to see him.

I'll stand by the statement I made a few weeks back ... He's Scottie Pippen lite. Give that guy a bigger role, and watch him flourish.

Big difference between celebrating after making a 3 and A) getting into a fist fight with your teammate in practice and B) being so upset at being pulled out of a game that you storm off the court and go stand by the fans in their seats, far away from the bench.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I don't agree with that. He's just a fiery guy who has to work on controlling his temper. But the kid LOVES basketball and works his tail off. Artest was crazy and there's countless things outside of basketball that point to that but I can't recall anything about Stephenson outside of basketball that would lead me to believe he's crazy.

Being involved with two fights with teammates isn't enough? Or his groping a 17 year old? Or, ya know, pushing his girlfriend down a flight of stairs?

The guy has talent but he's a head case. I just can't see Ferry wanting to bring that on the team.

Mentally, he isn't all the way there.

Consistency

Can he be trusted as the #1 option?

Have the tensity to stand around on offense in periods of the game.

Can be a loose cannon in terms of temper.

Can try to take over and needs to understand when he should pass and shoot at points of the game. He can do both but better decision making is vital.

I don't see him as a superstar but I like him as much as I like Harden.

Now .. ask yourself how many of those things can be corrected with good coaching.

And who said anything about Lance being the #1 option? If he develops into that type of player, it would be great. But I envision him being like a 2nd or 3rd option scorer that may be good enough to give a final shot to. More important though, he can be a #2, even a #1 facilitator for a team ( much like he is right now ).

If he's not Scottie Pippen lite, he can at least be Steve Francis in his prime.

• Like 1