• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: Lance Stephenson Mega Thread

GameTime

Being involved with two fights with teammates isn't enough? Or his groping a 17 year old? Or, ya know, pushing his girlfriend down a flight of stairs?

The guy has talent but he's a head case. I just can't see Ferry wanting to bring that on the team.

I hadn't heard about the groping or pushing his gf. If those are true then that changes my opinion of him.

Pretty bad stuff there. Definitely makes him a no-go for me.

• Like 1

Pretty bad stuff there. Definitely makes him a no-go for me.

I don't care for that either. One was reported while he was still in high school; the other before he played a regular season game. He has had no physical altercations since. Reportedly Bird gave him the law. Shoot straight and fly right or you will be cut.

Now .. ask yourself how many of those things can be corrected with good coaching.

And who said anything about Lance being the #1 option? If he develops into that type of player, it would be great. But I envision him being like a 2nd or 3rd option scorer that may be good enough to give a final shot to. More important though, he can be a #2, even a #1 facilitator for a team ( much like he is right now ).

If he's not Scottie Pippen lite, he can at least be Steve Francis in his prime.

Vogel is a good coach. Sometimes it's the player, not the coach. This is one of those cases.

His on ball% is high, he would be push into the #1 role in ATL due to salary as well as lack of a #1 option. Sorry but I am not buying your wishful thinking on this.

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Cool. 'Cause we really need a guy that needs to be told to not push chicks down flights of stairs.

zslso, 'no altercations since', huh? I'm sure teammates George Hill and Evan Turner might say different.

I am talking about with women and illegal altercations. He was 17 - 18 years old, and 18 - 19 years old. Not justifying anything; but if no one ever grew up, a lot of kids would go from petty shop lifting, like bubble gum and candy bars, straight to prison.

Some people change for the better; some do not.

I have my own opinion on him as a player and a person. I would have to assume if we ended up getting him, that Ferry and Bud would have done their due diligence in assessing his worth. This is one case where I'll trust in the ones closest to the action and get paid bucks to make these decisions. Too close of a call for me to draw a line in the sand. I will say though, that I would love to have him here if it seems his head is on straight enough.

Agree. Some people grow, some don't.

I'm just a little averse to making a guy like that the face of the franchise or a leader when he's in the midst of that process. Like other said, it's a gamble and we're gonna have to gamble at some point. Just hope we gamble elsewhere.

He'll have enough suitors to push him to $10+ mill/yr. You can't miss on a contract like that. Just ask Detroit (I'm referring to Villanueva and Gordon).

I agree, one can miss. If Bird tries to keep him, I have to believe its because he thinks he has matured. I don't think Ferry is one to take character issues lightly either.

I agree, one can miss. If Bird tries to keep him, I have to believe its because he thinks he has matured. I don't think Ferry is one to take character issues lightly either.

Bird team is more suited than the Hawks is the problem you don't seem to get. You really think we are Lance away. He isn't that type of player and he really doesn't fit our system. Look at the teams I said he is a great fit for which is Charlotte, Indy, and Chicago. Teams who don't move the ball a ton.

Bird team is more suited than the Hawks is the problem you don't seem to get. You really think we are Lance away. He isn't that type of player and he really doesn't fit our system. Look at the teams I said he is a great fit for which is Charlotte, Indy, and Chicago. Teams who don't move the ball a ton.

Just because you say it, does not make it so. What team in the NBA could not use a SG that averages 13.8, 7.2, and 4.6? Everyone one of them; even if he is a sixth man. Our ball movement and spacing will help him; not to mention he is a hell of a passer...

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

Lance would probably be great for Woody or Drew (let that sink in). He'd tricky-dribble and long-2 bomb all night long and have some decent numbers too. Problem is he has to hold the ball too much to do well for us.

Please don't buy into supes rhetoric. Lance is a head case but he is also one of the most efficient two guards in the league. He does not hog the ball at all and has been more than willing to take a back seat to George and Hibbert.

• Like 3

If a team doesn't move the ball very well, how is that a plus in any way? If anything, he should go to a team with a structured offense so that he can focus a lot less on creating his own offense because he gets pretty ugly sometimes. And yeah, if we got Lance I think we're the best team in the East next season. Not just because of his addition to the team, but also the fact that he wouldn't be on the Pacers. Barring a massive reload, Miami probably won't be a great regular season team. Horford and Millsap form one of, if not the best front courts in the league. There's something to be said about a guy who can get 20 points shooting 60%. Also let's not forget- Bud is going to get better after his experience this season. He's shown me that talent isn't everything. Yeah we're not where we want to be (contending) but we're in a much better place than I expected to be this far into Ferry's tenure.
  • Like 1

Nobody is saying 'we are a Lance away' - what is being said is he will be a piece to the puzzle at an area of need.

I still have concerns about his attitude though.

Please don't buy into supes rhetoric. Lance is a head case but he is also one of the most efficient two guards in the league. He does not hog the ball at all and has been more than willing to take a back seat to George and Hibbert.

His tape and his advanced numbers back those stats. Come on, he isn't 18 or 19. He is established to a degree. I don't see the fit but you are entitled to you opinion just as I am.

• Like 1

No, supes is a crazy man so any resemblance in our comments is coincidence. Lance does dribble, dribble shoot or dribble, dribble pass too much. I don't know what the metrics say, but when I watch him that's what I see.

He ends up making some nice plays just based off talent, but there's a difference between doing that as a complimentary player and doing that as the main option, no? I don't know if I'm right, but I wouldn't think teams game plan to stop him. Would he be as effective as a focal point?

We all saw what happens to teams that rely heavily on one-on-one playground(sic) ball which IMO is a large part of what Lance does. I'm not pounding the table here, I really want to know what y'all think.

He will not be a focal point with Horford and Millsap on the floor. Him and Teague should work very well together; giving us another 3rd option, and he is a demon on the boards.

• Like 1

If a team doesn't move the ball very well, how is that a plus in any way? If anything, he should go to a team with a structured offense so that he can focus a lot less on creating his own offense because he gets pretty ugly sometimes. And yeah, if we got Lance I think we're the best team in the East next season. Not just because of his addition to the team, but also the fact that he wouldn't be on the Pacers. Barring a massive reload, Miami probably won't be a great regular season team. Horford and Millsap form one of, if not the best front courts in the league. There's something to be said about a guy who can get 20 points shooting 60%. Also let's not forget- Bud is going to get better after his experience this season. He's shown me that talent isn't everything. Yeah we're not where we want to be (contending) but we're in a much better place than I expected to be this far into Ferry's tenure.

They move the ball better with Hill at PG than Lance. Man, you will never convince me he is a good fit in this system and the same would be true if Josh was in Coach Bud system. Some players are more so ball stoppers. He is one.

His tape and his advanced numbers back those stats. Come on, he isn't 18 or 19. He is established to a degree. I don't see the fit but you are entitled to you opinion just as I am.

I like him a lot for what he brings to the table. As far as I am concerned he is worth the same money Jamal Crawford or any other 2nd tier shooting guard is. But if he is a locker room cancer, I say hell no.

If he knows what's good for him he'd join our team so he doesn't have to face Kyle again. He didn't have a game like last night versus us the whole series.

Of couse I kid, but Kyle did play arguably the best defense of his life using his length very well and being shut down by Cole is a little troubling for someone his size, and I'm a Cole advocate. I still would attend more games next year than I ever have if we ink him.

They move the ball better with Hill at PG than Lance. Man, you will never convince me he is a good fit in this system and the same would be true if Josh was in Coach Bud system. Some players are more so ball stoppers. He is one.

Lance starts at SG; he has never been their every day starting PG. He would not be that for us either.

If you're on an NBA team, and you stop the ball, it's by design plain and simple. A good offensive coach knows better than to let his players play iso-ball. And if the player decides to do his own thing, you bench him. Stephenson isn't just deciding to do whatever he wants. Vogel let's them do whatever on offense probably because he doesn't have a clue himself. The Pacers look like some headless chickens sometimes on offense. They would be a lot better on that end if Hill took charge and controlled their offense, but he doesn't seem to be that kind of personality.