• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

They are ripping the pacers on NBA Sirius radio...

JTB

I don't know if you guys listen to nba Sirius but they have been ripping the pacers seem like all day! Especially Sam Mitchell.

Couple of key things from Mitchell:

-hawks have a 35-40 percent chance at beating the pacers. (He says those are extremely high chances for a 8th seed going against a 1 seed)

-says that the hawks are living for this moment to beat a team like this and if they do it the league as a whole will start respecting them.

-said that Hibbert is just flat out terrible and if he were coach bud he would hope that the pacers gameplan is to go to him offensively every time in post cause he is either going to air ball or travel. Said that Roy is very clumsy.....in other words if brand or Pero need a break we may be able to get away with rookie muscala on Hibbert from time to time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of good stuff was said by Sam Mitchell! The hawks seem to be his team to upset someone. You can tell he watches the hawks and the pacers on all the points he made.

-by the way he also got on the pacers bad offense for long stretches in game, said he can easily see us competing with them.

Unlike many other analyst or former players and coaches he seems to understand that Indiana's great defense isn't enough to gurantee them winning against anybody!

Great defences with today's standards are far cry then what they were with the the last truly great defence.. Ben Wallace and the Pistons

• Like 1

Great defences with today's standards are far cry then what they were with the the last truly great defence.. Ben Wallace and the Pistons

Exactly!

The Pistons defense was so good that they made games ugly. So ugly that Stern had to change the damn rules lol

The Pacers defense is no where near great

The key to whether or not we beat the Pacers is if we can stop Paul George. If we can stop him, then we can stop the Pacers. The Pacers have equivalent talent to our team without Paul George, so if we can stop him, watch out!

Paul George isn't the player that they thought he was.

He really is. He has the potential to single handedly eliminate us from getting to round 2 if we can't stop him. So gameplaning against him should be the most importing thing we look over.

Edited by ATLHawks3

He really is. He has the potential to single handedly eliminate us from getting to round 2 if we can't stop him. So gameplaning against him should be the most importing thing we look over.

Yes but it should be noted that he has shot very poorly in the second half of the season compared to the first half. Also lance Stephenson fg% is higher than George.

I don't think you can shutdown George but his offense is very containable and even if he makes his shots as a team their offense is so horrible that usually they never really help George out other than lance.

• Like 1

Sure the Pacers aren't as scary as they were a few weeks back. That doesn't make this series any easier for the Hawks. I still expect a sweep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure the Pacers aren't as scary as they were a few weeks back. That doesn't make this series any easier for the Hawks. I still expect a sweep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They couldnt even sweep us in the regular season win or lose the series we will get at least 2 wins

• Premium Member

Calm down, folks!

It's not like we have swept them in the reagular season. their team is still very good, and they are not going to shoot themselves out of the game like they did last time. We nedd need to contain Paul George and not let him have 15 FT per game this time.

This should be a nice series to watch. Hopefully the refs won't play a role on the results, like the way they did with ATL-BOS two years ago.

GO HAWKS!

Calm down, folks!

It's not like we have swept them in the reagular season. their team is still very good, and they are not going to shoot themselves out of the game like they did last time. We nedd need to contain Paul George and not let him have 15 FT per game this time.

This should be a nice series to watch. Hopefully the refs won't play a role on the results, like the way they did with ATL-BOS two years ago.

GO HAWKS!

This.

I really think we have a puncher's chance at this series. I agree with the idea that you make life very difficult for George and this series is winnable. We just need George to be inefficient, like 8/22 AND then rebound his misses.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

The key to whether or not we beat the Pacers is if we can stop Paul George. If we can stop him, then we can stop the Pacers. The Pacers have equivalent talent to our team without Paul George, so if we can stop him, watch out!

The key is stuck somewhere between stops and rebounds. If they control the boards too much... and get several shots at our defense, then we will lose. I know it's our practice to not try for offensive rebounds, however we have to have our share of defensive rebounds AND we need to get some stops on defense. Between George, West, and Stephenson, we're fools to believe that we can stop their team from scoring. However, we have to know that if we limit their attempts and get a few stops, it puts us in a good spot.

• Like 1

The answer: If our shots go in @ or near 50%, we're fine for the entire series.

If, on the other hand, we shoot around 33%, we're doomed.

(And, hit those free throws)

We can't let them have ALL the rebounds.

Red Dawg #8 expects a sweep. Now, that's confidence! Which ever team he believes

will sweep may happen. They are good but they are not great. On the other hand, the

Hawks are good also. We're not great. Should be an interesting series.

GO ATL HAWKS !!

The key is stuck somewhere between stops and rebounds. If they control the boards too much... and get several shots at our defense, then we will lose. I know it's our practice to not try for offensive rebounds, however we have to have our share of defensive rebounds AND we need to get some stops on defense. Between George, West, and Stephenson, we're fools to believe that we can stop their team from scoring. However, we have to know that if we limit their attempts and get a few stops, it puts us in a good spot.

The pacers will stop theirselves. Their offense wasn't great last year and the refs bailed them out with all the Paul George fouls! Now if that happens again the hawks can't do anything about that because we have no star player to match George's free throw attempts and refs will just be cheating us again!

Sorry I get real emotional on how Paul George became a star, who I would like to add came in the playoffs last year avg 3 free throws a game but suddenly 15 against the hawks in the playoffs! This 25th ranked offense get way too many free throws! The pacers offense is NOT good! The refs have been bailing their pathetic offense out since last year!

The hawks had a better offense last year just like they have this year and we had bird brain josh smith taking dumbass shots last year. Let's be real the pacers win games defensively ONLY.....ONLY. If they get into a shoot out with damn near anybody in the playoffs except the bulls they will fail greatly.

There is nothing positive about the pacers offense:

-the refs bail out Paul George now that he's a star player

-7'3 Roy Hibbert is pathetic offensively (no need to worry about him)

-lance can score but he also can be overly aggressive which will get him in foul trouble

-David west!...oh boy David fu**in west pushes off and extends his arm on damn near every shot he throws up and it should be a offensive foul. (Sap is going to torch that man)

-their bench is 3rd worst scoring in the nba

As for rebounds I see it like this:

-Stephenson and DMC...will cancel each other out

-Hibbert sucks at boards period! (Antić can out rebound him or atleast match his 6 boards a game)

-George will have to be matched by Teague and Korver

Even after all that I say the pacers will probably barely beat us in game 7 because of defense and the refs! Call me hater all you want but the pacers have major flaws to be a championship contender.

Edited by JTB
  • Like 1

The pacers will stop theirselves. Their offense wasn't great last year and the refs bailed them out with all the Paul George fouls! Now if that happens again the hawks can't do anything about that because we have no star player to match George's free throw attempts and refs will just be cheating us again!

Sorry I get real emotional on how Paul George became a star, who I would like to add came in the playoffs last year avg 3 free throws a game but suddenly 15 against the hawks in the playoffs! This 25th ranked offense get way too many free throws! The pacers offense is NOT good! The refs have been bailing their pathetic offense out since last year!

The hawks had a better offense last year just like they have this year and we had bird brain josh smith taking dumbass shots last year. Let's be real the pacers win games defensively ONLY.....ONLY. If they get into a shoot out with damn near anybody in the playoffs except the bulls they will fail greatly.

There is nothing positive about the pacers offense:

-the refs bail out Paul George now that he's a star player

-7'3 Roy Hibbert is pathetic offensively (no need to worry about him)

-lance can score but he also can be overly aggressive which will get him in foul trouble

-David west!...oh boy David fu**in west pushes off and extends his arm on damn near every shot he throws up and it should be a offensive foul. (Sap is going to torch that man)

-their bench is 3rd worst scoring in the nba

As for rebounds I see it like this:

-Stephenson and DMC...will cancel each other out

-Hibbert sucks at boards period! (Antić can out rebound him or atleast match his 6 boards a game)

-George will have to be matched by Teague and Korver

Even after all that I say the pacers will probably barely beat us in game 7 because of defense and the refs! Call me hater all you want but the pacers have major flaws to be a championship contender.

Those 15 freethrows per game he hit really really annoyed me!

Those 15 freethrows per game he hit really really annoyed me!

Yeah because he was only avg 3 coming into the post season!

Are we the only Hawks fans that believes George became a star against the hawks last playoffs?!

I mean his most improved player award turned into gaining respect from the refs to allow him to recieve an extra 10-12 free throws a game!

• Like 1

Yeah because he was only avg 3 coming into the post season!

Are we the only Hawks fans that believes George became a star against the hawks last playoffs?!

I mean his most improved player award turned into gaining respect from the refs to allow him to recieve an extra 10-12 free throws a game!

That was really foul - left a really bad taste in my mouth!