• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Post Nique..

Diesel

• Premium Member

Steve Smith, we'd beat anybody except the Bulls and Heat.

You'd take Steve Smith over Jajajajajaja....Joe Johnson? Why? I think Joe in his prime was better than Smitty in his prime?

I'll take Mutumbo - defense and rebounding. Things we desperately need.

This was my original line of thinking.. BUT. We don't focus on rebounding so would having Deke be a waste?

You'd take Steve Smith over Jajajajajaja....Joe Johnson? Why? I think Joe in his prime was better than Smitty in his prime?

This was my original line of thinking.. BUT. We don't focus on rebounding so would having Deke be a waste?

We don't focus on OFFENSIVE rebounding so we can get back defensively.

We get killed by teams who can get offensive rebounds, Deke would help with that, we would get the defensive rebounds we are supposed to get.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

What do you think about Jamal Crawford or Toni Kukoc?

I would take Kukoc. We desperately need a player with more playmaking ability for himself and others.

Oh how could I forget Joe, I love that guy!

Seriously though, Joe is notorious for coming up short in the playoffs, this year will be no different. Never gets to the line, and Smitty helped the Blazers to the Conference Finals so there you go. We run too much and our offense is a little advanced for Deke'a style. I prefer all 5 guys rebounding anyway.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

Oh how could I forget Joe, I love that guy!

Seriously though, Joe is notorious for coming up short in the playoffs, this year will be no different. Never gets to the line, and Smitty helped the Blazers to the Conference Finals so there you go. We run too much and our offense is a little advanced for Deke'a style.

Even me, as a JJ fan, would not want him bac on this team. Our ball movement and player movement is great without him and Smoove on the team. As for Deke, it's true, he probably would hurt the offense, slightly, but I really don't see him much differently than E.B. Yeah, Elton has a free-throw range jumper but even that is shotty and inconsistent. Pero... while decent, I don't even consider him a Center. Deke also was a monster at setting picks, KK and Teague could benefit greatly from better screens. Also, Center is our biggest position void while rebounding and defense is our biggest problem, systematically, IMO. Deke would address all three of these while only truly ditracting from 1 aspect of the team.

Deke (Big Ben), Sap (Rasheed), DMC (Prince), KK (Rip), and Teague (........penetrating Billups?...He has hit big shots) could be similar to the Pistons squads of the early 2000's.

I would have said Deke but I doubt we would need him with Hibbert being as useless as he's been lately. So I'm gonna go with Grant Long to put the clamps on David West.