• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Diesel's Eastern Conference Breakdown: How the Hawks could go all the way

Diesel

• Premium Member

Atlanta vs. INDY = Atlanta in 6. (This is best case scenerio).

Charlotte vs. Miami.

This series will be a lot closer than some thing. Charlotte has been playing good as of recent and they know how to go to the big man. Still, they make too many mental mistakes to be Lebron and the refs. Miami in 5.

Brooklyn vs. Toronto.

I think BKN has been holding back. Pierce and KG come out of hiding to help dispose of Toronto. Toronto has a great story about alot of good moves made by a top executive. However, unless they get a whole lot more from Lowry vs. Williams, I don't see them having enough in the tank to beat NJ. NJ in 6.

Washington vs. Chicago.

Offense vs. Defense. I think the guard tandem of Wall and Beal will be too much for Chicago. In fact, the only way that Washington doesn't win is if Chicago gets lots off the bench from Augustin and Ariza gives Washington nothing. Everybody tries to make this series about Noah... and though I like Noah, I think he will be matched by Gortat. Maybe not in passing but in everything else. Washington in 6.

Round 2.

Atlanta vs. Washington.

They look good on paper against us.. but the last time we played, we had no Carroll, no Korver, no Brand, no Horford and we lost by 4 points in Washington. I got a strong feeling that we can take them. Atlanta in 6.

Brooklyn vs. Miami.

This is the straw that will break the Heat's back. Brooklyn has mastered beating Miami in the regular season. I think they have a psychological edge on the heat. Plus, Lebron has been unhappy with his lack of help when playing the old men. This may sound disrespectful but this is how I see it going down. Brooklyn in 5.

ECFs.

Atlanta vs. Brooklyn.

A historic playoffs for both teams... Especially the Hawks. We have the play that can beat Iso basketball. BUT we lack the depth to play with this team. It would have been easier to get Miami and watch DMC handcuff Lebron until he fouled out. But this series will give Atlanta respect... even in a losing effort. Brooklyn in 7.

This is the time for us to capitalize. It starts with us disposing of a frazzled Pacer team. If we can take the first game, we should win this in 6. I don't think they have the lockerroom to overcome a first game loss.

• Like 4

BINGO BABY!!!

...of course then we will be swept in the finals and ESPN will still make fun of us.

P.S. - your quote "A historic playoffs for both teams"....in the true English language it's "An historic"..

...an H functions as a vowel in that situation.

Edited by DJlaysitup

Oops...my bad...you had it right:

One of the most common mistakes, both written and oral, is the use of an before “historical” or “historic”. When the word following the article begins with a consonant sound, the article used is a; when it begins with a vowel sound, the article used is an.

So remember, a word may in fact begin with a consonant, yet have an initial vowel sound. The word “honest” is a case in point. Say it out loud and you will see what is meant.

The initial consonant h is silent, so the word has an initial vowel sound; hence, an honest man, an hour ago, an heir to the throne, an honest and an honorable peace; on the other hand, when a word begins with an aspirated h (a speech sound followed by a puff of breath or the speech sound represented by English h), correct usage is a hotel, a house, a hill, a hymn, a honeycomb, and a history or a historical.

P.S.S....for further info on language and spelling see my blog "How to f_cking talk and spell sh!t"...it has many visitors and could become a really popular site.

P.S.S.S. - If you would like to buy the site I'll sell it...$6...American money.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

BINGO BABY!!!

.. your quote "A historic playoffs for both teams"....in the true English language it's "An historic"..

...an H functions as a vowel in that situation.

Thanks for sharing. It's a very interesting fact.

• Premium Member

One of the most common mistakes, both written and oral, is the use of an before “historical” or “historic”. When the word following the article begins with a consonant sound, the article used is a; when it begins with a vowel sound, the article used is an.

So remember, a word may in fact begin with a consonant, yet have an initial vowel sound. The word “honest” is a case in point. Say it out loud and you will see what is meant.

The initial consonant h is silent, so the word has an initial vowel sound; hence, an honest man, an hour ago, an heir to the throne, an honest and an honorable peace; on the other hand, when a word begins with an aspirated h (a speech sound followed by a puff of breath or the speech sound represented by English h), correct usage is a hotel, a house, a hill, a hymn, a honeycomb, and a history or a historical.

I got to take my thanks back... Now I'm just confused.

• Premium Member

No way in hell Wiz beat Bulls..never gonna happen.

The Wiz beat them 2 out of 3 for the season and the game they lost, they lost because Ariza didn't show up and Augustin had the night of his life. Sorry but Chicago has no answers for Beal and Wall.

• Moderators

I wouldn't know what to think of this team if we got to the ECF. Could Horford come back if we did make it that far?

P.S.S....for further info on language and spelling see my blog "How to f_cking talk and spell sh!t"...it has many visitors and could become a really popular site.

P.S.S.S. - If you would like to buy the site I'll sell it...$6...American money.

P.S.S.S.H.H.H.R.R.R - A sports forum is no place to be a grammar nazi. lol jk

Hawksquawk.... Where grammar happens.

The Wiz beat them 2 out of 3 for the season and the game they lost, they lost because Ariza didn't show up and Augustin had the night of his life. Sorry but Chicago has no answers for Beal and Wall.

We shall see. Hopefully you won't be eating crow

• Premium Member

Uhm...

So far so Good.

Watched Miami play Charlotte. Damn Miami gets away with a lot of fouls. King James just pushes guys out of his way and no whistle.

Watched Washington Beat the Bulls... The Wiz has a team this year. I was wondering about the Hawks and our matchup with their double bigs. Never thought that Nene/Gortat would be something that we had to consider.

I don't know about finals, but I think we have a legit shot at the ECF. No way I thought that before game 1. IF we make the ECF for the first time, we'll get some well deserved respect and become a nice FA draw. I'm looking forward to Tuesday so bad.

• 2 weeks later...