• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I am sold on Coach Bud

gsuteke

He's definitely a very good coach. The Hawks were well prepared today. The main issue with this team is talent, not coaching.

The defensive scheme they ran today was excellent. I didn't like them leaving Korver in Isolation at times, but even then, he adjusted to that and started doubling.

The guy that's getting exposed, is Vogel. The Pacers have offensive players on that bench, namely Chris Copeland. If you have to sacrifice a little defense to insert some offense, you have to do that . . . especially if your offense sucks.

And as long as he sticks with Hibbert getting major minutes, he's putting the Pacers at a disadvantage.

• Like 2

I think if the hawks beat this #1 seed pacers…Coach Bud is going to have great influence on a major free agent in the coming seasons. Like someone (I don't remember who) already said on this board "ALL we need is 2 all stars" and we can win it ALL. Sap and Horford are already all stars, Teague is the finishing piece if he can continue this great play he has been showing.

Im sold on bud now though I criticized him not too long ago.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I've been saying it all year - our top FA signing from 2013 was Coach Bud. Successful businesses start from the top down and it is safe to say after Koonin joining the bandwagon that we are solid from the ownership down to the coaching staff. Just gotta get the roster right which can be a lengthy process.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but is anyone else afraid of Bud possibly returning to San Antonio once Pop retires?

As in this is a way for him to get some experience under his belt before taking the reigns over there... I hope I'm wrong, but it's just not too often we have something to look forward to. First Ferry, then Bud, and now Koonan, it's almost too good to be true.

• Moderators

Maybe I'm just paranoid, but is anyone else afraid of Bud possibly returning to San Antonio once Pop retires?

As in this is a way for him to get some experience under his belt before taking the reigns over there... I hope I'm wrong, but it's just not too often we have something to look forward to. First Ferry, then Bud, and now Koonan, it's almost too good to be true.

No cause when Pop retires, Duncan, Ginoboli, and Parker will be gone too. Ferry and Bud have a connection and understanding. Bud is here for the long haul.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Drew was not a bad coach. Just had to say it.

But yes, Bud is definitely a good coach. I just have to laugh when I think about what Woody No Goody would have done if he had to deal with this roster and all the injuries. Bud kept this team fighting through it and still playing hard with good offensive and defensive execution.

This is the first time since Fratello was our coach that I truly love our coach. Just typing that makes me realize how long ago that was.

• Like 1

I think if the hawks beat this #1 seed pacers…Coach Bud is going to have great influence on a major free agent in the coming seasons. Like someone (I don't remember who) already said on this board "ALL we need is 2 all stars" and we can win it ALL. Sap and Horford are already all stars, Teague is the finishing piece if he can continue this great play he has been showing.

Im sold on bud now though I criticized him not too long ago.

That was me who said it ;)