• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Something I have noticed from those "experts."

Gray Mule

We are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NBA. We don't get no respect. I hate the "experts". All throughout the highlights in espn, nbatv, etc. was about how the Pacers lost. Well you know what experts, HAWKS WON!!!

As long as the Hawks keep winning I don't care what the "experts" have to say

Best way to shut someone up is to win

All the experts all the dumb hating fans of other teams. Just win and they'll shut up

Edited by Bonkers
  • Like 4

I have been listening to the experts on the radio and it is clear none of them have watched a quarter of this Hawks team. I keep hearing the word horrible when the Hawks are mentioned , but for us we know what this team is , and we know the adversity this team has faced. Horrible my ass! Just another chance to get another jab in.

• Like 1

ESPN was saying that the Pacers lost to the "lowly" Hawks.

That's the term they used to describe us back in 2004 - 2006, when we had trouble beating anybody.

It's just funny that after all of the "praise" that they have given us in getting rid of JJ and Josh, adding Bud and the GM, and getting more cap flexibility, that they're back to acting like we're the Sacramento Kings or something.

That's why people shouldn't be overjoyed when they say something good about us, and dismiss it totally when they say something bad about us. They don't know the Hawks. Never have. And probably never will.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Guys, we finished 37-44. We were not that good this season. If we had Horford it would probably have been a much different story. People won't give us credit unless we win the series, and even then we are going to have to play well in Round 2 b/c the Pacers were essentially a .500 team the last 2 months of the season.

It's understandable.

If the Bobcats knocked off the Heat in game 1, you wouldn't overreact. You wouldn't seriously think they had a shot to win the series, right? The same applies here.

• Premium Member

Here's the real rub: if we do beat the Pacers I guarantee the national headlines and stories will be ALL about how the Pacers choked to a "horrible" Hawks team and nothing will be said of our injured Hawks team taking out a number one seed in the first round.

• Like 1

What's funny was Doris Burke (whom I respect as an announcer) saying that before the season everyone thought we were a lottery team and I just shook my head and said WTF to that. I don't think anyone expected us to be the #3 seed like we were for a good bit of the season but a lottery team? I don't recall that being the popular opinion, especially before Al's injury.

No one mentioned or believed anything about the Hawks playing a good game

in our victory. It was all about the Pacers and how they didn't live up to their

potential as they started their drive toward the eastern championship.

Hawks are not that good and the Pacers are. Imagine that. These "experts"

weren't wrong, at least in their mind they weren't. They expect the Pacers to

awaken and take care of business, leaving the Hawks in their dust.

They still don't get it. They don't know that Bud and his crew are out to win.

Remember when Elvis had the hit, "All shook up!" What happens if Atlanta

wins the second game? I'll bet some of these "experts" will be all shook up.

wild.gif

This team won 38 games and Indy won 56. So that is not surprising.

This team won 38 games and Indy won 56. So that is not surprising.

Minus Horford its not; but the point is we were not looking to be such a bad 38 win team with him. Once we lost Al, it did not take a rocket scientist to figure out this would be a rough season.

One game does not a series make.

HOWEVER

These poor Atlanta Hawks now have to win three games to advance

and the Pacers must win four. Indiana had, before game one, the

home court edge. They no longer lost game one but they lost that

edge also.

Originally, it was thought that the Hawks had slim to none chance of

winning this series. Wonder how the % stacks up now. Surely we have

a better chance than originally, winning the first game at their house.

We ain't great but I don't believe that they are either.

to_keep_order.gif