• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ferry's Hawks

tbhawksfan

Ferry's off-season  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Point out any team leader who when his contract came up, the GM let the league set his price? You do that kind of thing for players you want to trade. We could have gotten Teague for cheaper than 8 million per so what did Ferry's gamble really do for us? Alienate our starting PG? Yes he should have talked to Teague during the process. Why leave him out there wondering? It's not the way that you "Change a Culture".

Are we talking Teague or Al Horford? Let us put our minds back in Summer 2013. Teague was gonna be the leader over Horford? How in the world could we have gotten Teague for cheaper than 8 mill by jumping the gun?

• Like 1

Are we talking Teague or Al Horford? Let us put our minds back in Summer 2013. Teague was gonna be the leader over Horford? How in the world could we have gotten Teague for cheaper than 8 mill by jumping the gun?

I am with you 100% on this. 8 million is a great price for a 25 year old starting PG who has already proven he is not a first round bust. Here is another rumor that was very popular at this years trade deadline:

Knicks inquire about Atlanta Hawks’ Jeff Teague link: http://nypost.com/2014/02/17/knicks-inquire-about-atlanta-hawks-jeff-teague/

We were not shopping Teague. Its the Bucks and Knicks who were inquiring.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

It's very important to remember if we didn't have Ferry we wouldn't have Bud. I think that alone makes him a very good GM.

He still has work to do but I don't have any complaints about his work to this point. My only big disagreement was drafting Nogueira, but I can see why he did it. I just hope it doesn't become a completely wasted pick.

• Like 3

I am with you 100% on this. 8 million is a great price for a 25 year old starting PG who has already proven he is not a first round bust. Here is another rumor that was very popular at this years trade deadline:

Knicks inquire about Atlanta Hawks’ Jeff Teague link: http://nypost.com/2014/02/17/knicks-inquire-about-atlanta-hawks-jeff-teague/

We were not shopping Teague. Its the Bucks and Knicks who were inquiring.

I am really interested in how Diesel thinks we could of got him at a cheaper price by telling him: "We are not gonna let the other teams set the value for you, we are."

It's very important to remember if we didn't have Ferry we wouldn't have Bud. I think that alone makes him a very good GM.

He still has work to do but I don't have any complaints about his work to this point. My only big disagreement was drafting Nogueira, but I can see why he did it. I just hope it doesn't become a completely wasted pick.

Way too soon to evaluate the Bebe pick. Now if he stays overseas next year you may have a point. Bebe can already be an elite shot blocker/rim protector in the league and has elite speed for a Center. He has all the tools to be a Larry Sanders/Marcus Camby-like player for us.

Point out any team leader who when his contract came up, the GM let the league set his price? You do that kind of thing for players you want to trade. We could have gotten Teague for cheaper than 8 million per so what did Ferry's gamble really do for us? Alienate our starting PG? Yes he should have talked to Teague during the process. Why leave him out there wondering? It's not the way that you "Change a Culture".

The Hawks did the exact same thing with Josh Smith, did they not? I don't pay as close attention to the ins and outs of other teams' operations, but I wouldn't be shocked to hear that letting other teams set a price for RFA as a pretty standard practice. Why bid against yourself? If you're lucky and no one gives an offer then you can offer a contract on the cheap. Seems like both Josh's and Jeff's offers were give near the eleventh hour.

• Like 2

Last win marked my point of approval. These Hawks are playing the kind of bball that I love; team ball.

I thought Ferry came up short with his off-season moves, even though I loved everything else he'd done (JJ, Marv). BUT his coach BUD had molded this group of chosen players into a beautiful TEAM.