• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What is with all the internal (hawk fans) hate on Teague?

JTB

Its not just hawksquawk, its anywhere you read damn near! All I read from our doubting hawk fans is "Teague did well but he has to do it against elite PGs to be accepted"….WTF?!

When the hell did CP3, Westbrook, and whatever elite PG start making a case as who gets crowned good or not? Hell CP3 don't even make it out the 1st or 2nd round and most general nba fans claim him as the best PG in the nba! as far Im concerned Teague and CP3 in the same situation trying to figure out how to get over the hump and make it to the Conference Finals. (No Im NOT saying Teague is better than Paul)

Some of you hawk fans need to pull y'all head out y'all a**. These statements that Teague has to do this against elite PGs to be crowned good is complete bullish*t and makes no sense! If I got a PG that can drop 28 on the leagues best defense in the NBA in a playoff game at they home, Im not worried about what Teague can do against other elite PGs. I just want Teague to continue to find a way to be effective and win like Tony Parker.

This discussion comes up too much. I would see the significance of this argument of Teague needing to prove himself against the best PGs in the NBA if the best PGs were making it to the finals or even the ECF every year but their not. Truth is that is that you don't need the best PG in the NBA, you just need one that fits your teams system.

Teague will never be a CP3 type but that don't mean he won't be a beast in Buds system! Hell a lot of people don't even consider Tony Parker the best PG in the nba and he has 3 damn rings and while other PGs are showing out in the regular season (CP3, Westbrook,Rondo), TP shows out in the playoffs all the time and make it the finals every once in a while! None of those other ELITE PGs can say that.

You elite PG lovers are a joke! and after this I choose not to argue with your pointless opinions about having an elite PG! When CP3, Westbrook, D-Will, D Rose, Rondo, and whatever other elite PG start making it to the finals then we can argue as of right now the NBA has shown that elite PG's aren't the answer to a championship. (I left off Tony Parker cause many don't think he's elite (notice he's never in the discussion) yet he wins championships and always show up in the playoffs.)

Its a damn shame TP don't start in ASG cause he should! His playoff performances are killing CP3 and most elite if not all elite PGs. Thats something I rather Teague do. Im not worried about him being a top 3 PG anymore its completely irrelevant! Just win!

Aint that CRAZY! Tony Parker probably doesn't even come to mind when speaking to a general or geek NBA fan! Yet he's the one that got the damn rings! I challenge you….go out and ask anybody your top 5 PG's if everyone is healthy and Im sure Tony Parker name doesn't even come in their top 5! Most will say (if all are healthy) Rose, Westbrook, CP3, Rondo, Curry or now Im hearing D Lilliard! LOL Elite PG's lovers are a joke….I rest my case.

• Like 2

He did it against the best D in the league. That works for me.

However, there is no denying that he has been inconsistent throughout his career. Please don't get me wrong here. I am a fan of Jt and I hope he keeps this up, but I also understand people who arent 100% convinced after one game like this.

7 game series here, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves just yet. He's always had the talent, just needs the consistency now.

Edited by ag82

Its not just hawksquawk, its anywhere you read damn near! All I read from our doubting hawk fans is "Teague did well but he has to do it against elite PGs to be accepted"….WTF?!

When the hell did CP3, Westbrook, and whatever elite PG start making a case as who gets crowned good or not? Hell CP3 don't even make it out the 1st or 2nd round and most general nba fans claim him as the best PG in the nba! as far Im concerned Teague and CP3 in the same situation trying to figure out how to get over the hump and make it to the Conference Finals. (No Im NOT saying Teague is better than Paul)

Some of you hawk fans need to pull y'all head out y'all a**. These statements that Teague has to do this against elite PGs to be crowned good is complete bullish*t and makes no sense! If I got a PG that can drop 28 on the leagues best defense in the NBA in a playoff game at they home, Im not worried about what Teague can do against other elite PGs. I just want Teague to continue to find a way to be effective and win like Tony Parker.

This discussion comes up too much. I would see the significance of this argument of Teague needing to prove himself against the best PGs in the NBA if the best PGs were making it to the finals or even the ECF every year but their not. Truth is that is that you don't need the best PG in the NBA, you just need one that fits your teams system.

Teague will never be a CP3 type but that don't mean he won't be a beast in Buds system! Hell a lot of people don't even consider Tony Parker the best PG in the nba and he has 3 damn rings and while other PGs are showing out in the regular season (CP3, Westbrook,Rondo), TP shows out in the playoffs all the time and make it the finals every once in a while! None of those other ELITE PGs can say that.

You elite PG lovers are a joke! and after this I choose not to argue with your pointless opinions about having an elite PG! When CP3, Westbrook, D-Will, D Rose, Rondo, and whatever other elite PG start making it to the finals then we can argue as of right now the NBA has shown that elite PG's aren't the answer to a championship. (I left off Tony Parker cause many don't think he's elite (notice he's never in the discussion) yet he wins championships and always show up in the playoffs.)

Its a damn shame TP don't start in ASG cause he should! His playoff performances are killing CP3 and most elite if not all elite PGs. Thats something I rather Teague do. Im not worried about him being a top 3 PG anymore its completely irrelevant! Just win!

Aint that CRAZY! Tony Parker probably doesn't even come to mind when speaking to a general or geek NBA fan! Yet he's the one that got the damn rings! I challenge you….go out and ask anybody your top 5 PG's if everyone is healthy and Im sure Tony Parker name doesn't even come in their top 5! Most will say (if all are healthy) Rose, Westbrook, CP3, Rondo, Curry or now Im hearing D Lilliard! LOL Elite PG's lovers are a joke….I rest my case.

Teague was mediocre the first half of the season. Don't expect people to ignore that. Teague is an will not ever be an elite PG.

Simple as that.

• Premium Member

Teague was mediocre the first half of the season. Don't expect people to ignore that. Teague is an will not ever be an elite PG.

Simple as that.

Let's see...

New Coach.

New System.

Pick and Roll Buddy Goes down.

It's interesting that we are playing against George Hill and Indy. I remember Hill in San Antonio. He looked as good as Tony Parker. So did Gary Neal. However, when Hill went to Indy. He slumped big time. He no longer had big Tim finishing, he had David West. He no longer had the Spurs system, he had the Pacers.

If that happened to a guy coming from San Antonio with lots of praise, what do you think happened to Teague at the beginning of the season? Honestly, his first few weeks were good. He began to falter after Horf went down. Now he's been streaking since the allstar break... and you are still complaining.

Understand, the Pacers are going to throw the whole Kitchen sink at Teague. Maybe that will make some of you haters happy. However, we will see.

Fans are a "what have you done for me lately" bunch. We also sort of remember the bad games better than the good one. Plus, its easy to get ticked off at a guy after a bad game and post "He sucks." When he comes back with a good game who's going to post "I was wrong. He doesn't suck."

Westbrook and Rondo have made it to the finals. And Rondo has won it all, so.....might want to reconsider throwing their names around so much.

And it's like everyone has said, it's all about consistency. Jeff's not a bad player. I don't hate him, but anyone who'd rather have him over Westbrook, Rondo, CP3, Rose, etc should go ahead and check themselves into the clinic.

• Premium Member

Westbrook and Rondo have made it to the finals. And Rondo has won it all, so.....might want to reconsider throwing their names around so much.

And it's like everyone has said, it's all about consistency. Jeff's not a bad player. I don't hate him, but anyone who'd rather have him over Westbrook, Rondo, CP3, Rose, etc should go ahead and check themselves into the clinic.

Have you seen Rondo without the big three?

We have a talent gap here in Atlanta. When Horf gets back next season... Sorry folks he will be our C. I Imagine that Teague will be even better...

In fact, the scariest part of this team is what happens next season when Horf is back?

Well have a three allstar team.

Have you seen Rondo without the big three?.

You mean this one season, coming back from a major injury, with a crappy openly tank mode team?

Please tell me how well JT would be doing with that team. I would still take him over JT.

I hope that JT does come back next season bigger and badder than before. I hope he gets better ever year he's with us. I'm not a hater that will root against him, I'm just saying that I wouldn't be hurt if we were to upgrade the position.

Teague does need to be more consistent; but at the same time his starting cast is not what other elite and good PG's have right now. Teague is not elite but he is somewhere near the top ten for his all around game.

We need another weapon or two and blaming that on Teague is what some fans do. Even CP3, Deron, and Wall have failed to make the playoffs during their careers; and don't even get me started on Rubio.