• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What to Expect game 2.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Indy will come out hard. They will send everything they got at Teague and Millsap. This is the time for Korver and Antić to make them pay.

Indy will not be afraid to raise the physicality of the game. They are the 1 seed and believe that they can get away with blatant fouls the same way that the Heat did yesterday. Our guys have to keep their heads and not walk into any technicals.

Indy will try to get Roy started. They know that without Roy, they are weak. They will not go for the Bannana in the tailpipe that we have been giving them. They have given Roy a license to be vicious.

The problem with all this is that Indy doesn't know how to be physical. They are big and imposing, but they are not the Bad Boys. (just got hyped watching the 30/30 on the badboys..) What that means is that a guy like DMC will cause them much problems. His energy and effort will take away their will.

So here's the Diesel key to the game.

1. Hawks weather the storm of the first half. If you can capture the lead in the 3rd quarter, these guys will quit.

They are not champions!

• Like 4

I agree with everything you say here. West is their most physical player not Hibbert. They are going to try to stop Jeff at the point of attack with hard doubles and physical play. We do need our shooters to go crazy. If we can push the pace, take a lot of shots per quarter, we can wear their will to win down.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I agree with everything you say here. West is their most physical player not Hibbert. They are going to try and stop Jeff at the point of attack with hard doubles and physical play. We do need our shooters to go crazy. If we can push the pace, take a lot of shots per quarter, we can wear their will to win down.

About Indy, I don't think that they are mentally tough. I think that they are a bunch of front runners. If we let them do their best then we come back and take a lead... this may be the start of something historic.

The other problem is that we are not conventional. Our stretch 5, good shooters, and defensive zone is giving them big problems. It seems like for George, the clock has struck midnight and his stagecoach has become a pumpkin. I'm more concerned about West and Stephenson.

• Like 1

About Indy, I don't think that they are mentally tough. I think that they are a bunch of front runners. If we let them do their best then we come back and take a lead... this may be the start of something historic.

The other problem is that we are not conventional. Our stretch 5, good shooters, and defensive zone is giving them big problems. It seems like for George, the clock has struck midnight and his stagecoach has become a pumpkin. I'm more concerned about West and Stephenson.

Stephenson's rebounding/physical play is worrisome. I think he averaged 9 to 10 rebounds a game in last seasons playoff run. DMC with his double/double was a nice off set in game one to Indy's small ball rebounding capabilities ( George and Lance ).

Stephenson's rebounding/physical play is worrisome. I think he averaged 9 to 10 rebounds a game in last seasons playoff run. DMC with his double/double was a nice off set in game one to Indy's small ball rebounding capabilities ( George and Lance ).

Last season we had Devin Harris ( I had to look up who played SG for us last season) and KK at SG and SF - just to small. We are better and bigger this season at those two spots.

If PG guards Teague - who guards KK off those screens - Lance or Hill won't be as effective.

Last season we had Devin Harris ( I had to look up who played SG for us last season) and KK at SG and SF - just to small. We are better and bigger this season at those two spots.

If PG guards Teague - who guards KK off those screens - Lance or Hill won't be as effective.

I agree we are bigger. Lance "only" averaged around 7 rebounds a game against us last season. While that is still a lot of boards for a shooting guard; he went ballistic in the next two series. I think his rebounding went so high because of who he was guarding. We keep him out on the perimeter a lot.

Edited by Buzzard

I think the key will again be Teague. If Paul George gets the assignment early and Teague can get him in foul trouble, we will have them in our hands. Look outside of Paul George we really aren't that behind on talent. I wouldn't trade Millsap for Lance or any one not named Paul on that team. I can't wait.

• Moderators

foul trouble or poor shooting is what could derail us. DMC and Millsap can't afford to be on the bench. The good news is that we weren't exactly lighting it up from 3 in game one and still beat them. If KK goes off then they've got problems.

• Like 2

George will try to shut Teague down. He will be physical and the refs won't call many fouls on the Pacers. The league wants the Pacers to win. I think the key is our outside shooting again. We need to hit our shots. Lou Williams will be a huge key for us. He needs to step up.

We gotta make them go small and empty their bench, which is trash. We just matchup excellently with them. They can't keep Teague in front, they're bigs are too lazy to close out the three point line, and our screen game opens up too many options. They arent tight-knkt enough to weather adversity. I expect Mike Scott to bust out Tuesday. He killed them in the game we won here.

• Like 1

If our shots fall, we will give them fits. Our three point % will

be a great key. Hawks like taking them and Pacers don't like

guarding the three point line.

They love, on offense, to be the big bully boys inside. And, they

would love to do something to stop our pg, either by fouls or

by injury.

And, always hit those free throws. They count, too!

• Like 1

He had plenty of time to think about the loss while fishing yesterday. And this is the best he could come up with? Worry about your own team you dumb sh*t.

In fairness.....He said it during the presser immediately after the loss.

According to Paul George "The Hawks played as well as they could play" shok.gif .

13 assists, 12 turnovers, 14 bench points, 11-30 from 3? - yeah riiiight.

This kinda shit pisses me off! Did he say that in an interview?

George will try to shut Teague down. He will be physical and the refs won't call many fouls on the Pacers. The league wants the Pacers to win. I think the key is our outside shooting again. We need to hit our shots. Lou Williams will be a huge key for us. He needs to step up.

Teague HAS to know Paul George is going to be on him next game. Which means DMC will have a mismatch. Teague is going to have to continue to be aggressive and make good key passes. Hawks need to make the open shots when given the opportunity.

I think coach bud is smart enough to know that George will be on Teague and I'm sure he has told him that. He's probably seen tons of defense changes on Parker. So Teague will be ready.

As for defense goes hawks just need to keep challenging all their shots and STAY away from foul trouble. The pacers are going to try to get them in foul trouble more so now because they lost game 1.

Our bench need to come in and do their best.

Not really concerned even of they switch PG on Teague. I'm more worried about the bogus foul calls. Teague can get around Paul George, George isn't quick enough.

• Like 1

Looking at Tony Parker blow past the Mavericks gave me goosebumps thinking about Teague. Budenholzer knew this kid was a dawg a long time ago. He just needed the right time to hit the switch on Jeff. I heard during the pregame he told Jeff that its HIS team and he controls how good the machine runs. Gotta give it up to coach. I think Jeffs been waiting on those words for years. Paul George will become worn down if he has to guard Blink. It would give us an advantage on every end of the floor.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Edited by willthepureshooter
  • Like 1