• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What to Expect game 2.

Diesel

As someone else said, just the fact they are changing anything is a good sign. They couldn't change their plan and prepare with 17 days notice. It's very hard to implement a new defense and get the communication down in just 2 days. Keep panicking and tinkering Indy.

Don't think Vogel gets it. Hibbert can't camp in the paint if all our players are on the perimeter (defensive 3 seconds). He's too slow to be closing out on Pero or Millsap while defending the rim. I see this backfiring too just because implementing a zone is tough to do this late in the season. We'll probably see them more lost than they were in Game 1- they'll lose track of our players.

Don't think Vogel gets it. Hibbert can't camp in the paint if all our players are on the perimeter (defensive 3 seconds). He's too slow to be closing out on Pero or Millsap while defending the rim. I see this backfiring too just because implementing a zone is tough to do this late in the season. We'll probably see them more lost than they were in Game 1- they'll lose track of our players.

And we do have decent zone busting shooters.

• Premium Member

Well, concerning would be the temptation for us to become a three point shooting team in the midst of any zone they run. We don't want Joshsmithitis. However, if we can hit on a few threes and bounce out to a lead then I think they will revert back to a man to man.

• Premium Member

They will try to stomp us like LAC did with GSW last night, but I think Indy doesn't have anywhere near the offensive power the Clippers do... So I predict a very ugly game. Phisicality, close encounters like Pero vs. West, and the open-mouthed refs bowing down in front of George. I predict George will shoot more freebies than the entire Hawks squad.

And yet, I think the Hawks will keep it close until crunch time. That's anyone's game.

GO HAWKS!

• Like 1

I predicted Indy would win game 2. As long as it's not a GSW like beat down - I'm good.

I still think we have a chance to win.

Indy is saying they're not concerned, nothing is wrong, yet as the #1 seed they are talking about changing line ups and defensive coverages and schemes?

Keep thinking that - better for the Hawks!

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

I predicted Indy would win game 2. As long as it's not a GSW like beat down - I'm good.

I still think we have a chance to win.

Indy is saying they're not concerned, nothing is wrong, yet as the #1 seed they are talking about changing line ups and defensive coverages and schemes?

Keep thinking that - better for the Hawks!

The 'nothing is wrong' would be more believable if we hadn't beat them down twice in the last month. And as we've all pointed it out its not like we shot that great in game one.

I hope it's a good game, but I think the Pacers win tonight. Their backs are against the wall already...I think the Pacers will have more intensity, and I'm afraid I think the Hawks may be complacent knowing they already stole one on their floor.

• Moderators

I hope it's a good game, but I think the Pacers win tonight. Their backs are against the wall already...I think the Pacers will have more intensity, and I'm afraid I think the Hawks may be complacent knowing they already stole one on their floor.

I just can't believe so many are already jumping on the Pacers downfall one game into the series. I think what we have going for us is that Bud is a better coach than Vogel. Frankly they should have beaten us last year easier than they did. Now with Bud, Sap, Antić, Brand, DMC it should be a fight.

I just can't believe so many are already jumping on the Pacers downfall one game into the series. I think what we have going for us is that Bud is a better coach than Vogel. Frankly they should have beaten us last year easier than they did. Now with Bud, Sap, Antić, Brand, DMC it should be a fight.

It's more than just coaching - something happened with Indy's players along the way, they are a fractured group.

There is talk of benching Hibbert and moving PG to PF and DWest to Center. Millsap will have a field day in the post if PG guards him (remember Josh (when he decided to) abused PG in the post last year), but If PG guards Teague who guards Millsap? Millsap should have another big game.

West still won't be able to guard Pero on the perimeter.

Teague would still have success at the rim with no Hibbert and West at center.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

They will try to stomp us like LAC did with GSW last night, but I think Indy doesn't have anywhere near the offensive power the Clippers do... So I predict a very ugly game. Phisicality, close encounters like Pero vs. West, and the open-mouthed refs bowing down in front of George. I predict George will shoot more freebies than the entire Hawks squad.

And yet, I think the Hawks will keep it close until crunch time. That's anyone's game.

GO HAWKS!

The Key to that Clipps game was that the Clipps recognized that they were playing an undersized team and went inside. We are an undersized team but not really. Hibbert will get opportunities early but we will stop him some. West is who I am worried about. I am not as worried about George, because if he can score (not go to the line) but score with DMC on him then he deserves the win. What I fear is exactly as you have stated, George and the fleet of NBA approved refs will go into fix it mode.

• Premium Member

How to win game two!

This is the blueprint for winning game 2. Expect an all out physical assault from the Pacers. Diesel's first point:

1. Don't argue calls.

It's us versus the league out there. They want us to abandon our game and let the refs control the game. Don't argue calls. That's not going to change anything. IF anybody argues calls, it should be Bud.

Also:

1b. Don't retaliate. The refs are waiting on that. Especially from key players. IF there comes need to do any sort of retaliation, again, Bud. Send in Mike Muscala as our enforcer and let him do the Hacking.

2. Meet each run with a run. Last night, I watched Memphis tear down OKC. It wasn't that OKC didn't make big plays or didn't make runs, it's just that after an OKC run, Memphis matched it. It's powerful to do so. It tears down Mental stamina. Right now, they believe that we're content. Well, the problem is that we're a better offensive team than they are. They have a superstar but they have 3 guys who can't score unless somebody sets the table for them. If we make it hard for them to score and at the same time, score everytime we can.. then they will become mentally frustrated.

3. Don't let West or Stephenson get off. If we stop them, we stop the Pacer's offense. At the same time, we need to make things less easy for George.

4. Shot Selection. Their defense is going to be tuned up to 1000. If we limit the turnovers and take good shots, I think we will do well. The circus shots might not fall.

5. Draw fouls on their bigs. Tonight has to be about Sap. We spread the floor and let Sap work inside. The game will be physical but maybe Sap can pull a few fouls.

• Like 1

How to win game two!

This is the blueprint for winning game 2. Expect an all out physical assault from the Pacers. Diesel's first point:

3. Don't let West or Stephenson get off. If we stop them, we stop the Pacer's offense.

This: its our defense against their offense that will win or lose every game in this series for us. We can score against them even when shooting poorly because of our pace and 3pt shooting.

Edited by Buzzard

This: its our defense against their offense that will win or lose every game in this series for us. We can score against them even when shooting poorly because of our pace and 3pt shooting.

Defense, rebounding and limiting our turnovers.

I'm less concerned about our offense.

Defense, rebounding and limiting our turnovers.

I'm less concerned about our offense.

This is at the heart of what the playoffs are all about: one team adjust to something the other had success doing. Regardless, this is in our favor because Budz is a better coach than their guy. He can and will make adjustments to utilize our strengths and take advantage of their weaknesses. And I don't think they are in a good place mentally to cope with this cat and mouse.